Link to product manual?

WildBillKelsoe

Hi, I just got the Sabre from E-shop, and would like to download the Belsimtek manual (if there is one) to my ipad. Is there a direct view link? Thanks

Not the GUI/ Quickstart. The real heavy manual if you please.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I learnt the checklist and take off from youtube.

In the module file,there is inly quick start pdf,however it's enough to fly it.

Or you can copy the subtitle of the video from youtube,take off,taxi,laning and weapon system,there have everything you need.

You can get a decent manual if you search after the Milviz FSX F86 manual.

While it is an addon from another company on another game, most of the thing stay valid.

It is still a shame that you have to pick a competition manual to use the F86. :music_whistling:

So you think that they should have a completed manual for a BETA module?

How exactly do you complete a manual for a piece of software that is not completed?

:doh:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

So you think that they should have a completed manual for a BETA module?

How exactly do you complete a manual for a piece of software that is not completed?

:doh:

"Beta" means "feature complete" - or at least that should be the meaning. But anyhow, the available features could be documented in a manual, leaving the missing ones out at first. Unfinished features (if really is not yet clear how they will look like in detail) could at least be tagged as "WIP".

A finished, "complete" manual is not even necessary, imho. But after a "decent" time of being Beta, a WIP version should be made availeble. And this worked so far for a lot of modules (i.e. all ED modules) we have now - so it IS possible.

"Beta" means "feature complete" - or at least that should be the meaning. But anyhow, the available features could be documented in a manual, leaving the missing ones out at first. Unfinished features (if really is not yet clear how they will look like in detail) could at least be tagged as "WIP".

A finished, "complete" manual is not even necessary, imho. But after a "decent" time of being Beta, a WIP version should be made availeble. And this worked so far for a lot of modules (i.e. all ED modules) we have now - so it IS possible.

Ever work on a project like this? So you make a change.. (And then take time to update the manual.. Then upload the manual)

Then you make a change.. (And then update the manual.. And then upload the manual..)

Then you make a change......

Nope sorry, it makes zero sense to constantly update a document when the entire project is still in limbo..

By the time you are done you will have spent an inordinate amount of time updating documentation that isn't useful due to your own changes.. Not to mention the fact that then you have multiple versions of the same manual and everybody would squawk about that too..

That is why the manual is the LAST thing completed and why it can't be completed during the Beta process..

Edited by outlawal2

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

You don't have to adjust a manual every time you fix a bug and perhaps not even if you just complete a feature. At least when something is released as beta, for the majority of the features it should be already known how they (should) function and how they will look like. How else could they be programmed otherwise?

Yes, actually completing the manual before the module is finished - that is probably not viable, but then again, that is also not what I would expect to happen.

Actually, a manual should be able to be nearly complete when the product is still in beta. They are simulating an aircraft which already has a manual outlining how everything is supposed work. Most of the manual was 'written' before the project ever started and the software is supposed to simulate what is described in the manual.

If this were a make-believe aircraft then the situation regarding documentation would be a bit different.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I agree with cichlid. Remember when P-51 was released? We had a good manual since beta 1. The reason I ask is that I like to read the historical, conception, design, notables, which is something that enriches the experience to me. Thanks for the old manuals but I'll wait for the official BST one and possibly rely on youtube. Thanks everbody!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Ok BETA - no manual - bummer!

I really hope there WILL be a manual in the future.

At least there should be a complete keypad list somwhere - and I don't mean the key definitions in the quickstart guide.

Is there a keypad list somewhere?

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 on using the real manual, if it doesn't work from the manual its probably not modeled.

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found this thread when I was looking for the manual.

I really don't think we have anything to worry about. The Belsimtek manuals for all the other modules have been fantastic, better than EDs in some ways.

It will come in good time.

• 3 months later...