VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 111 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #1101
Shaneuk

Shaneuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:08 PM   #1102
Muskoka

Just getting back into Dcs after an extended break, thought I'd buy Vaicom Pro today, and I'm not having much luck getting anything up and running. Very much familiar with VA from too much time spent in ED with HCS Voicepacks, but a complete noob to Vaicom.

I'm noticing when I run the configuration utility, there's no aircraft listed in the window, it just says "Easy Communication On".

Here's a screenshot of my saved games. The game save is the DCS.openalpha folder, and the Dcs folder has the Vaicom stuff in it. Is that a problem, before I start digging any further?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vaicom.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	196162

Here's the VA window, I can see that the saves isn't correct? The rest I have no clue about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	196163

I've read page 33 of the manual for a manual install, as my install is not standard, and for the life of me I don't understand what to do. In steps 3 and 5 those folders do not exist on my system, not those locations, and it doesn't say to change to "your install" location, hence the confusion.

I've also tried changing the parent folder in the configuration utility, that didn't do a thing. The logs still show it looking for a "very old" install location in the registry, which makes no sense for a program that can be freely moved at will to any location/drive you like.

Last edited by Muskoka; 10-18-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Muskoka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:59 AM   #1103
Svsmokey

Yeah , instructions gave me fits as well . However , there is an installation video on YouTube that made it all sooo
Easy !

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:16 AM   #1104
Muskoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsmokey View Post
Yeah , instructions gave me fits as well . However , there is an installation video on YouTube that made it all sooo
Easy !
I've watched a few, the 17 minute video for VaicomPro 2.5 intro tutorial doesn't help at all with the issues I'm currently having. I wish it were that simple, and I was flying instead of seeking assistance.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #1105
Hollywood_315

@Muakoka OK seems you are trying to use a legacy DCS install i.e. 2.1 openalpha.
The plugin auto-installer supports current versions i.e. 2.5 and 2.5 OpenBeta.
Install paths are read from registry, so if you manually renamed or moved things around, lua files can end up in the wrong places. Check if the folder for 2.5 in your log (i.e. on G is correct.
In this thread from post #805 onwards there are some suggestions to fix.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World:
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #1106
Muskoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
@Muakoka OK seems you are trying to use a legacy DCS install i.e. 2.1 openalpha.
The plugin auto-installer supports current versions i.e. 2.5 and 2.5 OpenBeta.
Install paths are read from registry, so if you manually renamed or moved things around, lua files can end up in the wrong places. Check if the folder for 2.5 in your log (i.e. on G is correct.
In this thread from post #805 onwards there are some suggestions to fix.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
That install is only openalpha in "folder" name only, the actual version I'm running is 2.5.3.22176 Release, and it's currently on my G drive, it's never been on C. It's also been moved to different drives numerous times, so the windows registry will not have the correct information, I've verified that by looking through the registry. I use the Updater Utility by Skatezilla. This install has been both Release, and Beta. I have no idea why the folder is still named alpha. I ran a alpha version, versions ago. Naming seems to not matter to DCS, it runs great, updates, cleans, and repairs just fine. No problems with modules either.

I've pretty much read this whole thread, and it's the reason I'm here. I've read the manual, and specifically the stuff on page 33, and it makes no sense to me at all. I don't understand what your trying to do with the lua files.

Simply put, the logs show Vaicom is looking in the wrong place for the DCS install. How do I correct that? I've tried changing the parent folder, no change. I don't understand the "instructions" on page 33, so at this point I'm at a loss as to what to do. Re-install of DCS seems a bit much, just to "sort out" the windows registry entries.

Chatter is working fine, but the config utility never lists the name of the aircraft I'm using. I have PTT setup, and it's working, but the commands I speak don't appear to have any effect in DCS. They are being recognized by VA fine.

How do I "point" Vaicom to the current location of DCS on my system? And, if I decide to physically move the DCS folder again, how do I manage that in Vaicom, basically the same question.

The lua files mentioned on page 33 already exist, but in different locations of course to the manual, so I'm not sure why, or if, they need to be edited/appended in some way? When I export the files in the config utility, the export.lua script for example is exactly the same as the one that already exists in saved games, so appending that file makes no sense to me, the contents are identical.

Hopefully someone will shed some light on how to correct the install issue.

Last edited by Muskoka; 10-18-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #1107
Outlaw24

Send a message via ICQ to Outlaw24

I know this is not what you want to hear, but I was having some install problems also with DCS on "G" drive. I un-installed DCS and reinstalled it back on "G" drive and check my register which indicated a good install. I also reset Voice Attack which removed the license and then unstalled it and deleted the folder from the Program Files (x86). After I reinstalled Voice Attack it found DCS on "G" drive and Viacom install was a breeze following the instructions, and it works great.
MSI Z-97 Gaming 7, i7 4790K @ 4.4, Noctua NH-U12S, 32GB Corsair Vengeance, MSI GTX 1080ti, Trustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Pro, MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind Pedals, UTC MK II Pro, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, SSD 512GB 850 Pro (DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Windows 10.
Outlaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #1108
Muskoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw24 View Post
I know this is not what you want to hear, but I was having some install problems also with DCS on "G" drive. I un-installed DCS and reinstalled it back on "G" drive and check my register which indicated a good install. I also reset Voice Attack which removed the license and then unstalled it and deleted the folder from the Program Files (x86). After I reinstalled Voice Attack it found DCS on "G" drive and Viacom install was a breeze following the instructions, and it works great.
Thanks for the response, and you're correct, it's not what I wanted to hear.

On limited internet as it is, so a re-install of DCS is not an option, and quit frankly, totally unnecessary. I find it hard to believe this has to be this difficult. There must be "a lot"? of people out there that move DCS around as they see fit after initial install, as that is a feature of the program. To think this would rely on a registry entry for install, considering the portability of DCS, makes no sense to me, I guess it does the author.

I've again tried setting the parent folder path in the config utility, and it appears to just ignore the entry. DCS is on my "D" drive, yet it continues to look on "G" for a version that doesn't exist anymore.

This is quickly becoming "not worth the effort", and if possible, I may ask for a refund.

I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack