Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

ok so now I'm intrigued. how do you use the touch controllers when you have the oculus in your head, and the joystick and throttle in yoyr hands? I was having a hard time switching from the stick to the mouse without seeing it, cant imagine how would you do with the touch controllers

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

ok so now I'm intrigued. how do you use the touch controllers when you have the oculus in your head, and the joystick and throttle in yoyr hands? I was having a hard time switching from the stick to the mouse without seeing it, cant imagine how would you do with the touch controllers

Why even bother with the touch controllers? Also bin the mouse in favour of a track ball. If you keep the trackball in the same place you should be able to find it with your eyes closed.

Hello here, few month now i don't tried DCS, i want to know if the panel is now usable/pushable by touch controllers, buttons etc in vr mode, the a10c for exemple. Thanks

Yes, it's possible.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I personally bind the mouse functions to a hat on my stick.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Why even bother with the touch controllers? Also bin the mouse in favour of a track ball. If you keep the trackball in the same place you should be able to find it with your eyes closed.

yes, that's what I'd do, but I'm intrigued on how people use the touch controllers. just want to know how, not that I'm going to do it myself

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

yes, that's what I'd do, but I'm intrigued on how people use the touch controllers. just want to know how, not that I'm going to do it myself

I have used them to go through a start up procedure, that is about all I have used them for.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have used them to go through a start up procedure, that is about all I have used them for.

That

And I use them to fiddle around on the mfd's while cruising on autopilot during long missions

To me, using the touch controllers just feels slightly more immersive than using the mouse

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hi Fael...Do you mean you want to know how to activate them in DCS or just how people have been implementing them?

I am not a fan of using the touch controllers with DCS as all I ever do is bang them on on my desk. What I would like to know is if there is a keybind that can be used to mimic the zoom of the touch controller (hold-zoom) so that I can get the up close view of MFD's and such. Something that I can bind to a convenient mouse button as I do use mouse for button mashing.

To my knowledge there is no zoom key we can use in VR as none of the usual ones work. VR disables much of the keybound view system from what I can tell.

Edited by lawndartleo

Hi Fael...Do you mean you want to know how to activate them in DCS or just how people have been implementing them?

I'm just curious how do people grab and drop them, it's not the easiest thing to find and pick up the controller in the correct orientation without seeing it and then dropping on a surface you also don't see. It's possible of course, but it doesn't sound very practical to me, specially doing it mid-flight.

so I'm just curious about how do people use it. as some mentioned, they just use it for startup procedure, so it makes a little more sense since you drop it and forget about it, but that's why I'm curious on how people are using it

Rafael

I am not a fan of using the touch controllers with DCS as all I ever do is bang them on on my desk. What I would like to know is if there is a keybind that can be used to mimic the zoom of the touch controller (hold-zoom) so that I can get the up close view of MFD's and such. Something that I can bind to a convenient mouse button as I do use mouse for button mashing.

Can you not just bind that in the VR settings in UI layer?

I have VR zoom bound to a button, and I press and hold for full zoom.

Or are you saying you only want it on mouse?

Don B

I'm just curious how do people grab and drop them, it's not the easiest thing to find and pick up the controller in the correct orientation without seeing it and then dropping on a surface you also don't see. It's possible of course, but it doesn't sound very practical to me, specially doing it mid-flight.

so I'm just curious about how do people use it. as some mentioned, they just use it for startup procedure, so it makes a little more sense since you drop it and forget about it, but that's why I'm curious on how people are using it

Gotcha. Yea, I agree with you. I understand how they do it, but I personally would have a hard time with that. Seems like the time it would take me to fumble around to grab the controller would be the amount of time it takes my plane to take me into a dirt nap...haha :D

Like this :D

giphy.gif

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

But on a more serious note, there are users who have a cup holder or a pouch on the chair where they keep the controllers.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I can't reply now because i don't try at this time, but if it's like VTOLVR on steam, i can use my touch and emulate the joystick. In fact in vr you grab the virtual joystick in cockpit with hand(touch), it's ask few hours to feel it. But for the moment i can't confirm if it's possible under DCS at this moment, i'm going to try this week.

Last time I try on DCS, just some type of button are pushable with vr, that's why i ask this question few post ago ;)

I understand some people don't like this, for them it's like a heresy to not use a real joystick, but for me in vr it's all or nothing with my headset and touchcontroller :D

Cya

Yes, it's possible.

Ok thanks, i going to try this week end ;)

I can't reply now because i don't try at this time, but if it's like VTOLVR on steam, i can use my touch and emulate the joystick. In fact in vr you grab the virtual joystick in cockpit with hand(touch), it's ask few hours to feel it. But for the moment i can't confirm if it's possible under DCS at this moment, i'm going to try this week.

Last time I try on DCS, just some type of button are pushable with vr, that's why i ask this question few post ago ;)

I understand some people don't like this, for them it's like a heresy to not use a real joystick, but for me in vr it's all or nothing with my headset and touchcontroller :D

Cya

Ok thanks, i going to try this week end ;)

We have a saying here in the UK which says ‘always use the right tool for the job’. I’ve tried the Touch controllers for flying and as expected they were complete rubbish.

oh it would be soooo nice if oculus sensors could track my hands instead, for pushing buttons in the cockpit it would be the best thing possible next to a physical cockpit with buttons and knobs in the right place

Rafael

I have lots of switches on my Stick and throttle, I have no problem finding them blindfolded. I glued a piece of paper on the "P" button so that I can find it while flying. Otherwise I just use the mouse. It's next to the stick. Very easy to find/ use. I never even considered using the hand controllers, that would be cumbersome.

I have lots of switches on my Stick and throttle, I have no problem finding them blindfolded. I glued a piece of paper on the "P" button so that I can find it while flying.

Haha :D

I did exactly that with the scroll lock key, to prevent me from accidentally using it while searching for LCTRL-F11 view. (LCTRL-Scroll lock makes dcs crash.. at least it does on my pc)

System specs:

is it possible for some one with a similar set-up post their settings or, PM me with them. Aurora R7 Intel Core i7-8700K CPU, 32GB ram Nvidia 1080TI Windows 10 Pro Oculus. I have tried almost all the suggestions here and on lowest or highest settings I cant get more than 45 FPS in the game. It used to be 125+ on opening screen now that is only 90. Could it be the Oculus new 2.0 causing the issue? Thanks for all and any help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Found a lot of threads discussing ASW but not a single one that told me what ASW stands for -can someone throw me a bone?

Here's an explanation (with a nice tl;dr)

And this is an example of one of the issues DCS users experience when ASW is enabled:

${1}

System specs:

Found a lot of threads discussing ASW but not a single one that told me what ASW stands for -can someone throw me a bone?

I had this problem with a lot of acronyms while reading manuals and guides. I suggest people start using the full name of stuff more often

Rafael

I had this problem with a lot of acronyms while reading manuals and guides. I suggest people start using the full name of stuff more often

I would heap rather type ASW than "Asynchronous SpaceWarp".

Google is a wonderful thing.

:smilewink:

Don B