F/A-18C on Steam

Pluscrafter

Q: Will the Hornet also be available on Steam?

A: Certainly, but it is to be determined if it will be released as a Steam Early Access due the reception of earlier DCS World Early Access releases.

Will the Early Access be at the same time aviable on Steam as in the DCS-Shop?

Sorry for my bad english:(

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3, DCS Combined Arms, DCS F-5E Tiger II, DCS Ka-50, DCS F/A 18C Hornet,DCS A-10C Warthog,DCS AV-8B Harrier

Wishlist: DCS F-16 Falcon

Intel Core I7-6700K OC 4.7GHZ, Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198294329153/

Will the Early Access be at the same time aviable on Steam as in the DCS-Shop?

Sorry for my bad english:(

No, Steam is always delayed a bit.

Also, why not just ask this question in that thread rather than creating a new one?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

The FAQ was updated:

A: Certainly, but Steam does NOT allow Early Access of DLC products (like all of our paid-for products on Steam). It will come to Steam once it is out of Early Access.

Q: How much will DCS: F/A-18C Hornet cost?

A: That is still to be determined and will be announced when it is available for pre-purchase.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The FAQ was updated:

A: Certainly, but Steam does NOT allow Early Access of DLC products (like all of our paid-for products on Steam). It will come to Steam once it is out of Early Access.

considering the nichest of niche status of the product, why should you even bother with that meaningless formality? just release it on the same day as the standalone version, early access state be damned...

considering the nichest of niche status of the product, why should you even bother with that meaningless formality? just release it on the same day as the standalone version, early access state be damned...

I think you need to re-read the statement from Wags. It is not allowed, it isn't a formality.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

and you need to learn logic about software state.

short easy example : no mans sky.

No Man's sky has nothing to do with this. DCS is a released product right? For a released product you cannot release early access DLC in steam.

Might I add that you need to learn how to talk to people. You come off as insulting and rude. Just a suggestion. :)

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Didn't it always say that? What did it say before being updated?

A: Certainly, but it is to be determined if it will be released as a Steam Early Access due the reception of earlier DCS World Early Access releases.

-

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3, DCS Combined Arms, DCS F-5E Tiger II, DCS Ka-50, DCS F/A 18C Hornet,DCS A-10C Warthog,DCS AV-8B Harrier

Wishlist: DCS F-16 Falcon

Intel Core I7-6700K OC 4.7GHZ, Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198294329153/

My question is really about the price. I see no mention of it and everybody is ignoring the question.

I really don't care about Steam, but I am interested in what the cost will be.

You again.... I guess you can't read as much as the other guy .... Says it in the FAQ.

And before it got updated, it just wasn't there. It was added by updating the FAQ.

Edited by Shadow KT
  • Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

It will be 1 million dollars:megalol::music_whistling::smartass::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

You again.... I guess you can't read as much as the other guy .... Says it in the FAQ.

And before it got updated, it just wasn't there. It was added by updating the FAQ.

You could have said that without the personal insults, but I guess you're not capable of that.

I hadn't read the FAQ before and it was the reason I asked.

Buzz

You could have said that without the personal insults, but I guess you're not capable of that.

I hadn't read the FAQ before and it was the reason I asked.

In the last FAQ entry Wags said info on Steam and pricing is updated. I don't see anything on pricing anywhere?

I mean can't this thread be closed ? It had its original question answered long time ago.

I am trying my hardest to not just pour out the salt here. Lets be a happy community ^.^, waiting for the presents, whenever and how much ever they cost :)

and whoever is not happy for... "reasons", don't buy

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

No Man's sky has nothing to do with this. DCS is a released product right? For a released product you cannot release early access DLC in steam.

Might I add that you need to learn how to talk to people. You come off as insulting and rude. Just a suggestion. :)

no mans sky was an early access grade POS that was released as a fully released fully priced game, then over the years they were adding functionalities and fixing bugs for that game.

so the point is

it's all just a formality

wags said that ED couldn't release an early access version of hornet through the steam as a DLC for steam DCSW

we know that steam cannot have DLC in early access state displayed on the steam store.

I said

why bother?

just release the early access hornet as a normal DLC, with explanation detailing the actual state and the plan for future updates

problem solved

there's virtually no risk with that move, you won't get review bomb because not many would even get to know such DLC exist on the steam anyway given how little care toward hardcore sim genre games today.

I don't understand why it's so hard to get this logic.

• Like 1

no mans sky was an early access grade POS that was released as a fully released fully priced game, then over the years they were adding functionalities and fixing bugs for that game.

so the point is

wags said that ED couldn't release an early access version of hornet through the steam as a DLC for steam DCSW

we know that steam cannot have DLC in early access state displayed on the steam store.

I said

why bother?

just release the early access hornet as a normal DLC, with explanation detailing the actual state and the plan for future updates

problem solved

there's virtually no risk with that move, you won't get review bomb because not many would even get to know such DLC exist on the steam anyway given how little care toward hardcore sim genre games today.

oooor, just don't ... how about that ?

'Shadow'

so the point is

I said

why bother?

problem solved

Instead of asking ED to bend their rules and declare a product released while it is beta in reality, why don’t you just move to stand alone DCS and get it from day one if you can’t wait? I just don’t understand this.