Ka-50 Huge Loading Time

roxmate

Hello everybody, whenever I try flying with the blackshark both offline and multiplayer, I get stuck on the "fly" screen for 5 minutes before it loads me into the cockpit, the other modules load fairly quick. I at first, thought it could have something to do with being a Steam user so I tried it on Standalone but the problem still persists.

I would like to know if anyone has/had the same problem and what could be done to solve this issue.

Kind regards,

Roxmate

Hi and welcome.

We obviously need more information.

What other module is loading faster ? what is your system ? Are DCS options are maxed out ?

Ka50 is one the the most complex module, For me it can take a minute on my ssd the first load (and a few seconds subsequel loads when i play with mission editor) but sometimes when i launch DCS from another HDD, at 7200rpm, loading time can go up to 5-6mn.

Much much much longer than my first grasp on BS1

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

All other modules that I own, being the A10c,Mig-21,Mig-15,Bf-109,FW-190, and some of the Flamming Cliffs. DCS is running on an SSD and no, most graphic settings are on low and I run it on 60fps.

Just find it weird that the oldest full fidelity module of DCS takes so long to load up in regards with more recent ones...

That's weird indeed, especially with low settings.

I would take a look on task manager to see if anything acts strangely compared to A10c (cores loading, read speed of ssd transferring to RAM, and RAM usage). I doubt any other module is complex enough to load compared to BS.

At this point the problem can be hard to tell. Some versions in the past had quite long loading time (It's even written in my old bug thread in sig.)

As I don't have any "regular" installation right now, i can't tell.

I'm not a pro of uninstall-reinstall, like turning cells in remotes, but any clues is welcome. It even can be related to your SSD (installed for a while on a 840 Evo? you know..)

well..

someone else has something like this ?

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

If you have enough space, move ( not copy, move ! ) DCS to another drive and THEN back to the SSD. That would eliminate things like the 840 Evo bug ( new firmware for your SSD maybe ? ).

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

did you checked loading ram speed ? CPU workload ?

Does it take the same time if you reload BS after another BS mission ?

We don't have enough info to be able to locate the problem right now.

When loading a mission and when it gets stuck in the Fly screen for 5 minutes the cpu workload is low as if nothing is running, when it loads into the cokpit the CPU load is ~40-50%

when I reload BS after the first attempt it gets stuck again in the fly screen for another 5 minutes