Harrier worth half off? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #41
Nemesis44UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Wags noticed a Steam sale being close, as well.
Since there is the option to move Steam keys to DCS, that may be an option:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3751441

That's a great idea, I had no idea it was possible. I will keep an eye out.

Salute!
Old 11-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #42
Beltza

I fly with the F18, F16, Mirage, Ka-50, Huey, Gazelle and the Harrier.
My favorite module is undoubtedly the Harrier.

Last edited by Beltza; 11-07-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Beltza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:24 AM   #43
Bartacomus

I just got it today.

Ive been playing the Thunderbolt 2 since 2012, and the Harrier is my first expansion.
Ive been flying it all day. Or at least trying to learn the tutorials.

im quite the menace in it. But i can tell you this, the 200 knot difference in speed alone is exciting. being used to the hog.

thoroughly complicated.

So im having trouble with my tutorials when it comes to knowing where to look or what a term is or the little DCS quirks.

but its been alot of fun. I sure do like the TACAN better in the Harrier than the Hog.

but at the moment i dont even have many heys or hotas bound.

Down to it.. the top notch choices (if you are asking about 35 dollars as an expense)
you have the Viggen the 21bis and the Harrier. after that its korea, or ww2 models.

I havent learned how to multiplayer yet.. so learning the viggen for my "fast missions" is a little much. the BIS is only 24 though.. but i havent personally flown it.
Bartacomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:57 PM   #44
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacomus View Post

Down to it.. the top notch choices (if you are asking about 35 dollars as an expense)
you have the Viggen the 21bis and the Harrier. after that its korea, or ww2 models.
In terms of completeness and lack of bugs both the Viggen and 21 are better choices. They are all different airframes/missions though YMMV.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #45
enigma6584

The Harrier is worth it even at full price.
enigma6584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:53 AM   #46
Pikey
Veteran

Fact incoming.

I started up the Harrier a month ago. Started engines, switched on most systems, turned the INS to ALIGN SEA and BAM. CTD, no logs, no track, right out of DCS, upload your crash data to ED. Which i do.

Went to forums. See several posts on CTD for INS, cant work out which one to post in but RB forum manager DECOY replies 30th October:

Code:
Thankyou for sharing this one. I can confirm it's fixed and will be released on the next update. 

This was caused by an old .dll
OK...

OK, can't fly it online, a week goes by. New patch.

Try it, BAM, crash to desktop when switching the INS switch.

I return to the forum, and asked why it's not fixed. Reply was,

Code:
Sorry we were not told the update was coming this week. 

Will see if I can get the files for you to add yourself until the update.
I waited until the next patch. Well at least there was a good Mirage update anyway. Jumped on favourite MP server. Started up, turned INS switch to ALIGN SEA. BAM.... CTD, three releases in a row. It's now 26th November.

It is currently like that. No mods, reproducible, reported, not specifically in the bug tracker and I can't use INS in a cold start.

I'd like to tell you how much I love the Harrier, but I forgot. I either can't take off on the Tarawa due to "YOUR FLIGHT IS DELAYED", or I CTD.

I prepared a Cambridge Dictionary verification of the term "broken" in case somehow language was a barrier to certain people. It's for review at the end of the video.

I was so confident I could show you first time I live streamed mid post. Am I talking incorrectly? Is there some opinion and subjectivity in my post? Do I lack basic fact or evidence? Yes I am guilty of frustrated tone in my language. I hope that comes across, I am very frustrated. For the rest, You be the judge:

Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:26 AM   #47
VZ_342

Just curious, but does everyone have the INS CTD and/or the other mentioned bugs?
VZ_342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:01 AM   #48
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma6584 View Post
The Harrier is worth it even at full price.
Amd folks in hell will pay a premium for oce water.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:01 AM   #49
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ_342 View Post
Just curious, but does everyone have the INS CTD and/or the other mentioned bugs?
Yup...

And dont forget the famous or is it infamous now? I can't recall broken ccrp ASL line. That only took a mere year to fix. Needed to drop bombs from 2018 to mid 2019? Well smoke you, that wasnt a priority to fixed on the ol bomb truck harrier, but please buy our next EA module that we promise will be released as complete, but in reality was rejected by ED QA on the first go, and allowed to proceed as a hot mess EA on the second. Half a year later still missing a pile of stuff.

Last edited by Harlikwin; 11-26-2019 at 04:10 AM.
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:30 AM   #50
Charly_Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacomus View Post
So im having trouble with my tutorials when it comes to knowing where to look or what a term is or the little DCS quirks.
You may find this resource useful in that regard: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203187
Charly_Owl is offline   Reply With Quote