Vietnam War - POLL - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: With the aircrafts we have, should devs focus on creating a Vietnam environment ?
Yes, it would create a new dimension to the DCS World simulator 817 86.00%
No, I prefer 3rds to still work on aircrafts, and to fly in the same old Caucasus 133 14.00%
Voters: 950. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #41
Drunken_Skull

The Rockwell ov-10 Bronco CAS Aircraft please.
Drunken_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #42
MiG21bisFishbedL

Fall of Saigon would make for a pretty awesome Huey mission. Having to hop from roof to roof to pick up personnel while covering the evacuation at the same time.
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #43
Hueyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
Fall of Saigon would make for a pretty awesome Huey mission. Having to hop from roof to roof to pick up personnel while covering the evacuation at the same time.

Absolutely dude ... so much scenarios we could make with such a Vietnam environment ... Possibilities are virtually endless !

- Troop transports
- Medevac
- Reco
- Close Air Support
- Aerial photography
- Psychological warfare bombing
- Villagers evacuations
- High command VIP transfers
- Resupply FOB
- Artillery piece sling load operations
- Aerial superiority

Etc etc ...

I know and understand DCS doesn't aim for a precise period, and the modules we have now greatly demonstrate that as they have absolutely nothing in common ... But for the first time, we could have " enough " modules to have fun, while trying to stick to history...

UH-1 Huey
Mil Mi-8
F-86 Sabre
AH-1G Cobra
( Announced ) A7 Corsair II
MiG 21 Fishbed ... where all extensively ( well, not Sabre but not that far away .. ) used during the 2nd Indochina conflict.

And who knows what 3rd party devs have in mind right now, add another suitable aircraft to the list could definitely make the change, like a UH-34, F4 Phantom, OH-6 Loach or even a C123 ...

Can't wait to see what EDGE has to offer, and if it bring the possibility to really create the world we want !

I admit I'm a true Vietnam war era and Huey enthusiast, and this has never been really covered in flight simulations, there was Wings Over Vietnam and that's all ... With the rise of DCS WWII : Europe 1944 ( same planes we know really well, thanks to Pacific Fighters, IL-2 1946, Combat Flight Sims series, Cliffs of Dover etc ... ) The lack of serious Vietnam theatre based flight sims really start to lack. It's an interesting one, simply because of the huge versatility of missions and aircrafts used ( from Bronco to Fairchild/Pilatus PC-6, C-130, F-105, Bell 47, huge CH54 Skycrane etc ... )

In the meantime, some other pictures to patient :-)

Hueyman

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)/EC120B/AS355N/Bell 206/AS350B2
Hueyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #44
TimeKilla

Stop am drooling love the idea
Old 04-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #45
assafm25

i love it to

i wish some one will press the triger for that
assafm25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #46
diveplane
Veteran

nam map is a must
diveplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #47
bart

Thanks for sharing those photo's Hueyman.

I'm with you guy's on this 100%. I absolutely love the Huey that Belsimtek have given us and it gets better all the time. Once all the features are implemented then there's only one thing missing......and it's just gonna be crying it's little heart out for...... a Vietnam map.

Something along the lines of the VA server that would be online 24/7 so we can all join in anytime and pick various missions and aircraft to fly within the Vietnam environment.

Awsome............
i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S and CV1.

.....................................................................................................................................................
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #48
mjmorrow

A Vietnam map would be beautiful, amazing, and challenging. I really like the fighter planes, on both sides. Each side would have unique challenges, tactics, and objectives. Whether you are simming the use of a Huey, a Phantom, Fresco, or a Fishbed, there would be a high level of difficulty and a unique experience, with each and every add-on craft.

P.S. If a map is made, I hope that the dev team working on the map realistically simulate the formidable North Vietnamese ground control capability and the North Vietnamese surface to air capabilities.

Last edited by mjmorrow; 05-05-2014 at 08:11 PM.
mjmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #49
Stratos

Can you imagine LEatherneck creating a PFV Fishbed? Then a Phantom...
Old 05-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #50
Scrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueyman View Post
- Troop transports
- Medevac
- Reco
- Close Air Support
- Aerial photography
- Psychological warfare bombing
- Villagers evacuations
- High command VIP transfers
- Resupply FOB
- Artillery piece sling load operations
- Aerial superiority

UH-1 Huey
Mil Mi-8
F-86 Sabre
AH-1G Cobra
( Announced ) A7 Corsair II
MiG 21 Fishbed ... where all extensively ( well, not Sabre but not that far away .. ) used during the 2nd Indochina conflict.
1: Why a Vietnam map for that? All of that are things that you can see in every single war since helicopters turned up. Every single one.

2: The Sabre is completely irrelevant for Vietnam. The Mi-8MTV2 flew for the first time in '75, the year the war ended.

I certainly wouldn't mind a Vietnam map, but unless trees have become collidable and blocking the AI's view, it'll be a complete waste of times for obvious reasons, unless they ignore the jungles.

Last edited by Scrim; 05-05-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Scrim is offline   Reply With Quote