F-18 NWS Hi - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 05:10 AM   #1
Stubbies2003

Default F-18 NWS Hi

Okay I've gone through the manual and haven't seen any talk of this problem I've noticed in the F-18. I have a Thrustmaster Warthog setup and I have the rudder set to the slider on the throttle.

During normal NWS steering the aircraft behaves normally. However if I enable NWS Hi and am either hard over left or right on the rudder the aircraft will start to steer in the correct direction, then slow down to a straight path, then REVERSE the turn to the opposite direction of the input. This happens with wings unfolded on land during taxi and with wings folded on a carrier deck.

Through testing I have found that if I limit the rudder input to roughly 2/3rds or perhaps 3/4ths of what the slider can go to then NWS Hi works just fine.
Stubbies2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
razo+r
Veteran

You have to turn slowly, otherwise the NWS looses grip and it starts to slide, leading to what you experienced.
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
nighthawk2174

Seems like the tires get very little grip hence what your getting, imo its not correct but we'll see if it every gets fixed.
nighthawk2174 is offline   Reply With Quote