Just another sound mod

hubson

Well the sounds have changed a lot since 2017 indeed. Overall "feel" however suppose to remain.. Lets see if you installed it right. When you unrar F15_Audio_PackVer4 you get the folder with the same name. Inside there is another F15_Audio_PackVer4 folder and that is the one you put into JSGME . NostalgiaMenu is optional (music and splash screen). Is it how you did it?

Hey and thank you for answering. If you extract the rar file you 2 folders, audiopack ver4 and nostalgiamenu. Inside audiopack ver4 there are 2 folders, config and sounds. Yes i put the correct folder in the modfolder so there are only 1 step from modfolder to gamefolders. I notice you have waw files named eagle1 - 4 and eagle 7-8. I do not find them in the game soundfolder where it should be but i do find them in my dcs 2.5 openbeta gamefolder. I have the stable version and the beta. I only tried your mod in the stable version. In 2.5 beta version i find the waw eagle.1-4. I do not find those in 2.5 stable version. Has this anything to do with it? I also notice you have a waw file named planefurwingturbulenceTB and I find that waw file in the beta version. I do not find planefurwingturbulenceTB in 2.5 stable, only planefurwingturbulence without the TB in the end. I tested this in the beta version now and it sound similar to the stable 2.5 where i first tried it. Would it be possible to get my hands on the other versions of your mod to test the difference. Ive been away for a time and have missed the stages of your mod.

Edited by Bob1

To be honest I have no idea why there would be any difference in the files structure and mod content between stable and open beta.. There must be something wrong with instalation in your stable version obviously as the wavs you mentioned are not present in appropriate gamefolders.

Try manual install, it will have to work, backup everything first of course. Anyway, here are the previous instalments, go ahead and try them.

Ver.3b

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OB7_dVQWbkLIY4R123lXt-gbhn4ljF5O

Ver.3a

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qTK67NTdr46rQwF3wqaPSGe792yzcGue

Ver.3

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NDLCO9SkUn0c630l10PrF5Be4smZ0NAE

Ver.2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=199MbGo6R52idwwETZbN9RxmlVwoNO6ds

Hey and thank you for answering. If you extract the rar file you 2 folders, audiopack ver4 and nostalgiamenu. Inside audiopack ver4 there are 2 folders, config and sounds. Yes i put the correct folder in the modfolder so there are only 1 step from modfolder to gamefolders. I notice you have waw files named eagle1 - 4 and eagle 7-8. I do not find them in the game soundfolder where it should be but i do find them in my dcs 2.5 openbeta gamefolder. I have the stable version and the beta. I only tried your mod in the stable version. In 2.5 beta version i find the waw eagle.1-4. I do not find those in 2.5 stable version. Has this anything to do with it? I also notice you have a waw file named planefurwingturbulenceTB and I find that waw file in the beta version. I do not find planefurwingturbulenceTB in 2.5 stable, only planefurwingturbulence without the TB in the end. I tested this in the beta version now and it sound similar to the stable 2.5 where i first tried it. Would it be possible to get my hands on the other versions of your mod to test the difference. Ive been away for a time and have missed the stages of your mod.

The easiest way - backup "sounds" and "config" folders and paste folders with these names from the mod into DCS. Let the files to overwrite. Uninstall- delete "sounds" and "config" and restore the backups. I don't recomend using saved games folder as it doesn't work as suppose to.

I can't setup, Jsgme gives error, how do I install manual?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hubson. Is there anything new to V4? Can we edit how the flyby's sound etc. Any help or readme would be great. Looking forward to this. Oh yeah, do we need to install the F15 FrontWeez file, or is that obsolete?

Also, has M0ltar changed any sdef settings to better effect?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by tmansteve

The major change in v4 are the in-cockpit sounds - most of them. As for the external sounds - minor tweaks only but significant for flybys. Take a look:

The mod is ready to go as it is, "frontWeez" is old story now and it is obsolete.

There are view "core" flyby sounds playing randomly (wavs Eagle1- Eagle8 ). If you don't like the variety you can choose the one soundig best for you and delete all the others in this file: soundssdefAircraftsenginesDistant_Jet_Afterburner_Side.sdef".

I haven't tried M0ltar mod yet, you would have to try/ask.

Hi Hubson. Is there anything new to V4? Can we edit how the flyby's sound etc. Any help or readme would be great. Looking forward to this. Oh yeah, do we need to install the F15 FrontWeez file, or is that obsolete?

Also, has M0ltar changed any sdef settings to better effect?

Cheers

Steve

The major change in v4 are the in-cockpit sounds - most of them. As for the external sounds - minor tweaks only but significant for flybys. Take a look:

The mod is ready to go as it is, "frontWeez" is old story now and it is obsolete.

There are view "core" flyby sounds playing randomly (wavs Eagle1- Eagle8 ). If you don't like the variety you can choose the one soundig best for you and delete all the others in this file: soundssdefAircraftsenginesDistant_Jet_Afterburner_Side.sdef".

I haven't tried M0ltar mod yet, you would have to try/ask.

So is this a different version than what came out in January?

Many thanks for reply Hubson. I have been away as I lost my father in January. Got back late this month and installed your latest mod V4 and am astounded at the new adjustments. Excellent work again. The cockpit sounds are great.

The Flyby sounds are great but if I wanted to play around with them, is it the same as version 3? I would like to hear the approach a little further away and also after the flyby, the sound to stay longer in distance. Any help???

The sound of the AI taking off overhead was fantastic. Well done mate.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by tmansteve

Steve, I am truly sorry for your lost, my deepest condolences.

I'm not sure what you're after exactly in regards to flybys sounds, I will try to guide you on how to custom fit them to your liking though.

Open the sdef files- they define parameters like range("outer radius") and volume ("gain"). The values are in meters - adjusting these will alter how soon and how far away will you hear upcoming jet and also the distance the sounds wil fade away once the jet passes you.

Now, what is doing what:

"PlaneFurWind" - first thing you hear when the plane is coming - there are six different wavs for that and each time the plane is spawned in game- one of them is played.

"Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Front" - you hear that the brief moment before the jet passes you (three different wavs)

"Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Side" - that is the "roar" you hear when the plane is actualy passing next to you or above you (four wavs by default)

"Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Flyby_B" deep bass growling behind the jet (one file)

"Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Back"- gradualy pitching up sound you usually hear right after the high speed pass (two samples)

"Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Flyby_S"- distant far away sound you hear on the side and behind the jet (three wavs)

So, the idea is pretty simple, the trick is to blend all above into one smooth "flyby". Give it a try by trial and error:thumbup:

Many thanks for reply Hubson. I have been away as I lost my father in January. Got back late this month and installed your latest mod V4 and am astounded at the new adjustments. Excellent work again. The cockpit sounds are great.

The Flyby sounds are great but if I wanted to play around with them, is it the same as version 3? I would like to hear the approach a little further away and also after the flyby, the sound to stay longer in distance. Any help???

The sound of the AI taking off overhead was fantastic. Well done mate.

Cheers

Steve

I have to say it has been a trying couple of months so need to get back to flying again.

Many thanks for the info Hubson, much appreciated. The info is just what I'm looking for. I love every sound so far but would like to hear the planes approach a little sooner and also after the flyby to linger a little in distance.

I think this is fantastic stuff.

Cheers

Steve

• 1 month later...

Great mod, but this might be just me but there is a "blank" (see 0:04). File missing? Tried different speeds same results. But again, this might be just me.

Thanks for your hard work!

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Actually I can't reproduce this "silence gap" from your video. I recognize it is the latest version of the mod that you are using but, is it fully installed (with the config folder)? If so, is there a chance you could tell me the exact altitude you were flying (should be easy to check if you saved the track or if it is a test mission..) Thanks!

Great mod, but this might be just me but there is a "blank" (see 0:04). File missing? Tried different speeds same results. But again, this might be just me.

Thanks for your hard work!

Actually I can't reproduce this "silence gap" from your video. I recognize it is the latest version of the mod that you are using but, is it fully installed (with the config folder)? If so, is there a chance you could tell me the exact altitude you were flying (should be easy to check if you saved the track or if it is a test mission..) Thanks!
Just a test mission simulating a parade at 1000 AGL over Kutaisi.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

• 5 months later...
The landing wining noise is a workaround (like everything else in this mod..) and can be heard only with extended speedbrake. Works surprisingly good though, I like landings much more now..

Nice one , also check out " plane wind , wing turbulence , wing damage " they can also be used to add little effects .

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

I'll give it a try, haven't experimented with "wing damage" yet, thanks. Btw, Jafa, do you know what "auto_width = false" does? True or false setting doesn't seem to make any difference to me but maybe I don't know how to test it properly?

Nice one , also check out " plane wind , wing turbulence , wing damage " they can also be used to add little effects .

Cheers

Jafa