Can the RIO be killed?

SpicyMiG

I would like to know if the RIO can be killed without the game considering the aircraft "dead". For example, if the RIO is killed by gunfire or some other means, but the pilot is fine, can the pilot be left RIO-less and still attempt to fight or flee? Or will death to either crew member just mean the aircraft is considered dead as a whole? Hopefully I'm making sense, this is not the most articulate article I've ever written.

Yes. The RIO can die. It disables RIO functionality as expected :)

The rear seat will be blocked when he dies? Or are you able to "cheat" your way to the rear seat as a player and use Iceman while doing so?

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

The rear seat will be blocked when he dies? Or are you able to "cheat" your way to the rear seat as a player and use Iceman while doing so?

Good question, but not sure it would make sense to allow for that.... you could probably reach some functions in the other seat in an A6... not F14...

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Good question, but not sure it would make sense to allow for that.... you could probably reach some functions in the other seat in an A6... not F14...

That's why I'm asking it. I would of course prefer the real deal thing where you are done and should return to the base if possible. :)

Is it only Jester that is killable? Or a player RIO too?

Especially in multiplayer.

Just imagine that your RIO is killed, exits the game and then some random guy joins you, looks around and says "nice bullet holes you have here" :D