RWR symbol

Skyracer

I've tried to lock these up with the HARM system and haven't had any luck yet. Is it possible? I've only played around with fighting them in the editor so I may not have set them up properly or something I don't know.

also...So when RWR sounds like a Brittish ambulance that only indicates someone has you locked up and a missile hasn't been launched yet right? I never hear the rapid audio alarm, RWR doesn't draw any lines to emitters, nothing seems to move to the critical band. I am assuming these are IR missiles killing me? I'm kinda ok in a guns only fight but I'm starting to get into modern BVR and in close missile fights and I'm not doing so good at not getting shot. Or even knowing where they are coming from for that matter. I didn't think it was possible to lock up a target with an IR guided missile BEFORE the merge, but that seems to be what is happening to me. Can anyone help clarify what exactly that audio tone implies? It's the first mission in the campaign for F-18 "Alert 5". I tried it for the first time last night and really had no clue WTF was happening lol.

Edited by Jonnie2Bad

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

the alternating two tone sound (ambulance) is a lock alert, anything can be locking you. your rwr is for distinguishing what is responsible for the lock so you can be cued on what to look for. sometimes the apparent threat on rwr isn't actually a threat aimed at you.

your rwr is not a substitute for using all your other faculties. you need to build up an sa picture in your mind from not just your rwr, but your radar, flight and awacs reports, and perhaps most importantly, your eyeballs.