DCS: Combined Arms Wish List - Page 58 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #571
pepin1234

Is a good strategic for market. If they are Dominating the Air combat sim market, why they should invest in a different market. I mean investment is money, time and personal for this new goal.

If they improve the AI detection through the trees and some minor improvements with infantry and Air-defenses. Then they can invest with less money, less personal but having the enough time to make the first top quality tank (M-1 Abrams??) and a first top quality Air-defense (????). All this keeping the Air-combat market. Remember all started with Ka-50, now we have more.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #572
Apocalypse31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post
If they are Dominating the Air combat sim market, why they should invest in a different market.
Why only dominate one commercial market when you can dominate the entire market?

Aircraft Simulation - DCS
Vehicle Simulation - Steel Beasts
Infantry Simulation - ArmA

Currently, there are no development teams that will tackle the giant task of a TRUE combined arms simulator. It is a large task, but if it can be done correctly then people would converge.

I think if ED invested money into a development contract for vehicles & infantry then DCS would be THE game of choice for combined arms warfare.
Apocalypse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 PM   #573
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

I Think ED dont move to a "true" combined arms simulator as you like Apocalypse31.

The ED approach have surely start to get the "tools" necessary to get FC-3 / hardcore add-ons / mods on the 2 legs missing on DCS: W sim, land (vehicles) and sea (ships).

The initial and "easy" form to get them has ED enable the "make_flyable(....);" into init entry.lua add-ons on land and air environment, get the ability to insert "cockpits" as a aircraft's and helos, surely start to see first steps on a true CA as you like, but outside of CA.

The infantry, unknown. If the new updates on the last paths with the infantry can assign a first person camera as the Stinger / Sa-16 launcher to a Russian / Usa soldier and get capability to add new troops as addons, surely the advanced CA can be move. (actually, nothing has get new "infantry" to CA, but ED and the 3rd parties has add new "troop" to DCS: W, I count a great quantity of proper pilots to walk in the ground on first person, the only pain, has not functionality outside walking and some more animation (dead).

a old video about CA with a stinger some years ago on DCS: W 1.2.8, I walk and run, before firing, now ED add a "realistic" Stinger sight to the troop.

Not sure what type of improve coming with the future carrier modules with CA, but that add capability to walk into the new ships 3D models.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 03-01-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #574
Marko321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse31 View Post
Why only dominate one commercial market when you can dominate the entire market?

Aircraft Simulation - DCS
Vehicle Simulation - Steel Beasts
Infantry Simulation - ArmA

Currently, there are no development teams that will tackle the giant task of a TRUE combined arms simulator. It is a large task, but if it can be done correctly then people would converge.

I think if ED invested money into a development contract for vehicles & infantry then DCS would be THE game of choice for combined arms warfare.
I agree with Apocalypse31.
CA is enjoyable for what it is, but it could be so much more
I feel CA is the poor relation in the DCS stable.
No idea how well it sold so may be that's the reason why.
Marko321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:17 PM   #575
DanielNL

Lol then the Server would need UBER hardware plus only 50 or max. 100 players could play before there'll be client issues I guess...
fixed 1st person Tunguska missile guidance

Dell Visor WMR, RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI), Ryzen 5 1600X (6C/12T)

Awesome Buddyspike BlueFlag discord: https://discord.gg/uWQFfCm featuring: F-18 - Harrier - CTLD - EWR - GCI
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:01 PM   #576
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Remember a little point, not only you require the money and personal required to that big problem, and the years to adapt the current engine to a first person shooter with the problems and subsequence delays over the main program, of course, outside CA scope, and not delay the in progress of ED professional products. Add the biggest quantity of licenses and the respective approval to some armies / military arms companies to use your trade marks and respective weapons and product image on a entertainment product.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #577
pepin1234

I Keep thinking an infantry module at the close future is not a smart move and not possible at this stage of DCS.

We need better some other adds that help the air operation and we really needed as playable in DCS Battlefield.

My idea:

Forward Air Controller team module.
Radar technician operator as module or Add for CA. (A kind of GCI or EWR playable)
We need a MBT with closer simulation level to SB Sim.
A Short air defense system full simulated module (OSA or Rolland?)

Plus improvements in CA. Then we stay on the line.

Why not infantry module? The game engine is not ready for that.

Last edited by pepin1234; 03-04-2016 at 04:01 PM.
pepin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:27 AM   #578
Mike5560

A plotting board for the SAMs would be awesome; like the one in SAM simulator. It could be an optional feature which could be present with capable nations with EWRs, sborka, etc....or not present if it's a lone SAM with no IADS or as part of an insurgent group.

The plotting board would greatly help to keep the radars off until engagement time in MP.
Mike5560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:22 AM   #579
Angelthunder

As much as some people on this thread want controllable infantry.How about controlling them with AI commands.You can summon them to engage an enemy or to halt their advance as you control the group of soldiers in different squads.Once you clear an area of potential danger.They can give you a status report that a town or a section of the map is captured.Then you can continue the advance until you driven out the enemy to win the battle in a campaign style mission.I would still include JTAC missions as the AI infantry could still request CAS support with attack helos or aircraft that you can control to help them liberate an area.I also would expand the game by helping the AI troops with controllable or AI commanding tanks and fighting vehicles and artillery to help if the mission requires it.That would include player controllable helos and transport planes with AI paratroopers if we do get those aircraft someday. Would this be a better idea.
Angelthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:37 AM   #580
MasterZelgadis

Well the whole DCS thing sort of started with the Ka-50 and the A-10C (I know, there was Lock On, but even then you have A-10A and Su-25), which are CAS assets. CAS is the support of ground troops. Would only be logical to put some more development into ground combat. Not a fully simulated Steel Beasts, not an ArmA IV, but a bit more than CA offers now.
It's so much fun to play with a human tank commander, or as a tank commander play with a human CAS pilot, that would be wasted potential.

Honestly, for a start it would be enough to upgrade the jtac tool (very hard to hit s.th. with laser or place smoke markers on a long range..even the tank main gun has more zoom..), remove those black boxes from the trees in IR vision (makes absolutely no sense using IR) and keeping AI from spotting you through dense forests and even buildings..

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."
http://www.space-view.net
MasterZelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capture the island, command and conquer, cti, rts