Phantom Monitor Fix

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

First off, thanks to all the helpful folks posting in this forum. I was able to use them to get my ABRIS and skval on a second monitor. A shame about the whole NVG thing, what a bummer.

Anywho, one thing that I'm still not clear on is how folks are navigating through the online menus with this setup. I assume that if your two monitors are of equal size/ resolution that it isn't an issue. However, I have my main monitor at 1920X1200 and the second at 1024X768. I was unable to see the join button in multiplay until moving the monitor down in windows 7, in relation to the main monitor, as well as adjusting the positions of the ABRIS and skval. Now I can get in, but reading the briefings are problematic, since most of it is up in the "cut off zone."

Is there a way around this? Perhaps something I missed?

Secondly, am I correct in saying that the AVI portion of the options.lua is for the positioning of things such as the pause menu and the radio menu and radio captions? With my current set up I can no longer read the radio captions, as half of it goes into the cut off zone. Haven't tried the radio menus as I mostly fly online with a friend and don't communicate with the tower or ground crew when taking off.

Apologize ahead of time if these questions warrant a "RTFM" type response. I've been reading about 10 threads on a handful of different forums and they all seem to blend into eachother. Quite confusing.