Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

The four corner holes are designed for plates that match the Warthog. The Virpil throttle does not need the plate to attach to the Virpil desk mount. The attachment points for the desk mount are under the throttle....see attached pic.

8lIIns.jpg

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much! Amazing that the company selling it doesn't want to show internals. That and their payment options are the reason I didn't buy one.

Why would not showing the internals be a reason not to purchase it?? I do agree with the payment options tho....should have also provided paypal for customers outside of the EU.

The four corner holes are designed for plates that match the Warthog. The Virpil throttle does not need the plate to attach to the Virpil desk mount. The attachment points for the desk mount are under the throttle....see attached pic.

8lIIns.jpg

I know that, but do you have a desk mount? See where the part that should hold is? It seems very, very close the vertical support.

I guess I can answer this question myself in a few days, since it is on its way.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Are you willing to cough up the ~4% paypal fee, plus insane conversion rates?

Z...

Hmmm, no matter what the payment type, you still pay a conversion fee!! I paid via Visa.

I don't understand your point and what I'm willing to pay for is really, none of your business!

Edited by MustangSally

I know that, but do you have a desk mount? See where the part that should hold is? It seems very, very close the vertical support.

I guess I can answer this question myself in a few days, since it is on its way.

When you buy the desk mount you also need this.....

https://virpil-controls.by/en/shop/mt-50-throttle-deskmount-plate-vpc

...and no I don't own a desk mount as I have a simpit.

It might be possible to mount (on Virpil mount) the MongoosT-50 throttle without the base plate. You have to flip (upside-down) the lower part of the mount. That side has two elongated channels, which might match up with the 4 threaded holes from the base of the throttle.

They are flipping that part when using the dedicated base plate, too.

A'right, I probably forgot to mention that I have two desk mounts and a T-50 since almost a year ago so I know how they work. At the moment my base is dead and lost in their support queue, but the other desk mount holds my TWCS (I've ordered a Tog throttle plate as well). Old pic to give you an idea.

The fact is, the description says:

While the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle can attach directly to the VPC Desk Mounts, this adapter will allow the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle to be mounted closer to the user allowing for more comfortable use!

but then look at my pic, do you see the 4 screws? Now have a look at the 4 holes under the throttle and the position of the throttle itself when is fully forward. It looks really, really close to the vertical mount. It's not a big deal for me, I can drill 4 holes on the Tog's Plate and call it a day (it will be very heavy though) but I'd have ordered the new support if the description was a bit more clear (hence more money for them). As soon as is delivered I'll take some pics and do some tests. If the results are as I image now, they should change the description in "highly reccommended" or something like that.

When you buy the desk mount you also need this.....

https://virpil-controls.by/en/shop/mt-50-throttle-deskmount-plate-vpc

...and no I don't own a desk mount as I have a simpit.

I see, you have a simpit. Cool. Is that why you have replied without reading the description of the item you've linked?

Also:

VPC Desk Mount Compatibility:

★ VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick (No adapter plate required)

★ VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle (No adapter plate required)

★ VPC WarBRD Flightstick (Adapter plate required)

★ TM Warthog Flightstick (Adapter plate required)

★ TM Warthog Throttle (Adapter plate required)

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

I ordered April 18. Means I'm next, right?

Looking at this thread, I can't help but feel I'm doing it wrong. Do I need to be more anxious? I'm not freaking out enough, am I?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

When are they in stock, again, Cyph3r?

Any idea?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

When are they in stock, again, Cyph3r?

Any idea?

Thank you

We're working through the backlog as we speak. You can place an order now to join the queue :)

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We're working through the backlog as we speak. You can place an order now to join the queue :)

But how could I place an order, if the product is out of stock?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

But how could I place an order, if the product is out of stock?

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-mongoost-50-throttle.html

You simply join the existing queue. :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-mongoost-50-throttle.html

You simply join the existing queue. :thumbup:

I just pressed the BACK ORDER button, I'm logged in

Is that Allright?

I just pressed the BACK ORDER button, I'm logged in

Is that Allright?

Back order means that you have pre-purchased. When the current round of orders have shipped, the next lot will be assembled, tested and shipped. I would say that if you back ordered now, you'll probably receive it towards the end of September or October. My throttle order went in towards the end of June and I still don't have a shipping notice.

I just received my Throttle! :) I ordered April 20th, got a shipping notice last Saturday. According to tracking the package was actually handed over to DPD on Monday and arrived in Germany today (not bad!).

Ok now I have a couple of questions and remarks. Not sure how many people could assist, but I guess people will have the same issues so it might be helpful to others as well.

1. How to adjust the detents? Currently, no detents seem to be set. I know (or at least I think I know) that those screws below the throttle (not the holding screws, but those small silver ones) are used to adjust the detends. I also played around with them a little, but did not get any feedback. Possibly I am just too gentle, but would love some confirmation how to adjust the detents correctly.

2. Button usage: (just a remark) The default windows gamecontroller tool only shows 32 buttons so you might be upset that half of your buttons seem dead. This is NOT the case, just go into the game, they will all work there. Just tested it in DCS

3. What is the current software? There is some version on the EU virpil site, which is 07/08/18, but its still the "light" software which (to my knowledge) is only for calibration and firmware update. Is there already the full config software available?

4. Is there already some documentation available? This might also help with bullet No. 1

5. I guess the 5 way switch to set profiles can be configured only with the Virpil software. So depending on the answer of bullet 3 I would like to know if it makes sense to already sink some time into proper config in DCS with the native device without using the virpil software. I'm just asking because in case the Virpil software creates some virtual device (like TARGET from Thrustmaster does) I probably would need to start again once the Virpil Software is used... By the way without the software switching the 5 way profile switch has no effect.

6. Carefully check the bubble wrap for screws! I accidently threw away some screws that where hidden very well in the bubble wrap and under the dug tape...

Edited by Ayindi

1. bottom;

2. use pointy's

3. haven't checked yet

I already have a problem: something's moving inside the throttle, might be a screw. Hopefully it's not a screw otherwise I already forsee a nice short circuit, then I'll be.. screwed (lol, sorry).

Pics:

DSC_0623.JPG

DSC_0624.JPG

DSC_0625.JPG

DSC_0626.JPG

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"