Military and Aviation News Thread (NO DISCUSSION)

topol-m

Reuters: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course

The last plot on the military radar's tracking suggested the plane was flying toward India's Andaman Islands, a chain of isles between the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal, they said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/14/us-malaysia-airlines-radar-exclusive-idUSBREA2D0DG20140314

B61-12 Nuclear Bomb Integration On NATO Aircraft To Start In 2015

The US Air Force budget request for Fiscal Year 2015 shows that integration of the B61-12 on NATO F-16 and Tornado aircraft will start in 2015 for completion in 2017 and 2018.

The integration marks the beginning of a significant enhancement of the military capability of NATO’s nuclear posture in Europe and comes only three years after NATO in 2012 said its current nuclear posture meets its security requirements and that it was working to create the conditions for a world without nuclear weapons.

The integration will take place on Belgian, Dutch, and Turkish F-16A/B and on German and Italian PA-200 Tornado fighter-bombers. It is unknown if US and NATO F-16s happen simultaneously or US aircraft are first, but the process will last four years between 2015 and 2018. Integration of German and Italian Tornados will take a little over two years […].

The B61-12 will also be integrated on USAF F-15E (integration began last year), F-16C/D, and B-2A aircraft, and later on the F-35A Lightning II. The F-35A will later replace the F-16s. The US Air Force plans to equip all F-35s in Europe with nuclear capability by 2024.

In addition to the US Air Force, the nuclear-capable F-35A will be supplied to the Dutch, Italian, Turkish, and possibly Belgian air forces.

From the mid-2020s, the B61-12 will also be integrated on the next-generation heavy bomber (LRS-B) planned by the US Air Force. […]

Turkeys jets just clashed with the Syrian Airforce ending in one aerial victory for the turks.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What was the syrian jet?

The BBC article MoGas linked says:

"Turkish air defences targeted a Syrian fighter-bomber as it struck areas of the northern province of Latakia. The plane caught fire and crashed in Syrian territory," the Observatory said.

According to one report, the plane's pilot was able to eject.

In a media statement on the incident, the Turkish General Staff said two Syrian military jets were involved, and that they had been "warned four times that they were approaching Turkish airspace".

One of the Syrian MiGs turned back, it said.

So, if it's a single seat MiG fighter-bomber, I guess we're talking MiG-23?

After Syrian shoot down our f4 plane .Our goverment said that engagement rules will change Any of Threads will destroy. After this speak. Our guys full time fly over syrian border with Harm missiles. Today Syrian SA-5 radar lock to our f16 during 4.5 minutes. I think if they do it again we are called Harm's way :).

Ejected MIG-23 Syrian Pilot:

Edited by 141st_Eko1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operating System : Windows 7 64 bit | CPU: AMD phenom X4 940 3.1Ghz | Ram: 8GB | Graphics Card: Ati 5770 v2 | Monitor: 22" Vestel | Joystick : X52 pro & Saitek Rudder pedal & Trackir 4 pro with TrackClip Pro

The plane in photo at BBC looks awfully like Su-27 with the Russian knights paint JOB probably just performing aerobatics with smoke archers, nothing more.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

BBC what a joke

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Well according to the BBC news article...

So really it seems like the joke is on the Turks.

When you publish something without a check on your source, it is your responsibility.

I spend five minutes on the web to found it was a fake photo.

So some professionalism is missed, at least in this news.....

When you publish something without a check on your source, it is your responsibility.

I spend five minutes on the web to found it was a fake photo.

So some professionalism is missed, at least in this news.....

Most ordinary people couldn't tell or care what kind of aircraft was shown, so i guess that was why they chose that pic :)

Syrian missile systems lock onto five Turkish jets as clashes rage across border

Turkish jets were sent to the zone after four Syrian planes and helicopters approached Turkish airspace across from Hatay where clashes have been ongoing between government troops and groups close to al-Qaeda for five days.

“As they were flying over Hatay, our five F-16 jets were harassed 12 times by SA-2, SA-5 and SA-17 surface-to-air missile systems deployed in Syria, which locked onto them for 10 minutes and 53 seconds in total,” the General Staff said.

The Turkish jets flew away while they were at a distance of 1.6-2.7 nautical miles away from the Syrian border and moved away from the region, the statement added.

Only a day ago, on March 24, the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) said a Syrian missile system “harassed” a Turkish fighter for more than four minutes.