P-51D Install Problem due to different DCS version !!

mamao

Hi everyone,

In new WINDOWS 10, I installed ...

1) DCS_World_1.2.10.32095.521-353

then...

2) FC3_1.2.10.32095.521-353

and after all also ...

3) P-51D_1.2.11.34087.547-360

but this last (P-51D) gave install problem, so I thought was related to a version issue, so I update DCS, after reboot, I tried to install P-51D_1.2.11.34087.547-360 back again, but now I receive this message again :

Can't Install P-51D_1.2.11.34087 into newer DCS World 1.5.2.52478.

Please Download P-51D_1.5.3.52478 Installer.

Is there any way to fix this issue and install my P-51D_1.2.11.34087 back again ??? .

Really appreciate some help !!!!

Thanks

Manuel

Is there a reason why you want to install a much older version of the Mustang?

1.5.x is a different engine, so your 1.2.x installer is not going to work.

Unless you find a 1.2.11 version of DCS World somewhere (yours was 1.2.10, but Mustang was 1.2.11), you'll probably not succeed with that.

EDIT: Unless there's a compelling reason to mess with particular and old versions, I'd just install 1.5.3, as you have, and then use the module manager to install whatever you have a license for.

My humble rig: Windows 10 pro 64bit; i7-6700k on Gigabyte Z170X G7; 32GB; MSI 980ti Twin Frozr; 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe/PCIe x4); 1TB Samsung 850 Pro; Komplete Audio 6; TrackIR 5 Pro;

DCS 2.5 with almost all modules; favourites: Shark, Mi-8, Harrier, Viggen, Mirage, Hornet

I'm not sure if separate installers for 1.5.x are still provided. I had impression that using module manager is a new recommended method.

Load the game, click on module manager (one of the icons on top of main menu) and try to install from there.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

That worked fine !!! Solved, right back on DCS, followed the instruction and headed to the manager button on top of menu, entered and while i got in, was already there a small windows waiting for me to join the update p-51D, updated, installed and activated !!! That's fine ... many many thanks

• 7 months later...
Have you bought the Mustang?

And are you loggen in?

Lot of strange things happening..several times I've been asked to re-activate my modules and I have had them for over a year..been flying several times already when this happens....:music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Sorry, my problem that I mentioned has nothing to do with updating..

Let me put it this way..

DCS 1.5 is already updated..I click the icon to run DCS then out of nowhere it starts to ask me to activate some modules..numerous time..

In other words I've just re-activated a couple of modules..then all of a sudden it asks me again to re-activate the same modules..this doesn't happen all the time but from time to time it does..:music_whistling:

[/Table]

My Response was to:

Hi everyone,

In new WINDOWS 10, I installed ...

1) DCS_World_1.2.10.32095.521-353

then...

2) FC3_1.2.10.32095.521-353

and after all also ...

3) P-51D_1.2.11.34087.547-360

but this last (P-51D) gave install problem, so I thought was related to a version issue, so I update DCS, after reboot, I tried to install P-51D_1.2.11.34087.547-360 back again, but now I receive this message again :

Can't Install P-51D_1.2.11.34087 into newer DCS World 1.5.2.52478.

Please Download P-51D_1.5.3.52478 Installer.

Is there any way to fix this issue and install my P-51D_1.2.11.34087 back again ??? .

Really appreciate some help !!!!

Thanks

Manuel

I have the same problem, but I can't find the Mustang in the module manager, other than payware.

That worked fine !!! Solved, right back on DCS, followed the instruction and headed to the manager button on top of menu, entered and while i got in, was already there a small windows waiting for me to join the update p-51D, updated, installed and activated !!! That's fine ... many many thanks

If it keeps asking for activation, then the activation's are either failing or being activated elsewhere after you activate on your machine id.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

My Response was to:

If it keeps asking for activation, then the activation's are either failing or being activated elsewhere after you activate on your machine id.

Oh sorry, my bad...and understood..:thumbup:

[/Table]

Move PluginsEnabled.lua from Your Saved Games location, let the game rebuild a new one and see how module manager looks and works then.

A windows search didn't reveal a PluginsEnabled.lua file in my install. It's a fairly new install, I've just started to fly a bit around.

How (s)low can you go

OK, to be more precise, folder path is C:\Users\[Your profile name]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\. The file should be there.

Memorize this location (the whole Saved Games\DCS folder), as this is where DCS stores all Your personalized data (settings, missions, replays etc.) and You will frequently check out the place for making backups and troubleshooting.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Move PluginsEnabled.lua from Your Saved Games location, let the game rebuild a new one and see how module manager looks and works then.

Sorry, there is no PluginsEnabled.lua in my users/.../saved games location, only an options.lua file.

A search for it in the entire C disk didn't reveal one either.

How (s)low can you go

... I can't find the Mustang in the module manager, other than payware.

Perhaps SkateZilla's DCS Updater GUI Utility will help if you are having trouble using the in game module manager/command line utilities.

Which DCS version are you using, 1.5.5.60565 ?

You'll need to match the P-51D version to your DCS install (1.5.5 according to the .jpg) i.e. P-51D v1.2.4 isn't compatible with 1.5.5 If you've run an old installer, you might need to run a DCS repair first.

The free TF-51D was introduced with DCS 1.2.8, it's a long time since I've run the stand-alone but IIRC the payware P-51D should download from the in game module manager as long as you've registered the P-51D key to your account.

Note: You can login to the ED Store and use your profile page to check past orders, retrieve a key or do a licence key check to see it's status, activations left, etc.

Or perhaps try using DCS_Updater to Install the P-51D Module outside of DCS:

• Navigate to - ... Program Files\DCS World\bin
  • Open a Command Prompt Window - Type: DCS_Updater.exe install P-51D

Edited by Ramsay
add command line

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080