Having trouble getting LTD/R switch to ARM

sirrah
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

As the topic title says.

I'm pretty sure I've setup everything correctly, but allmost every time I try to place it in ARM, it moves slightly towards the armed position and then flips back to safe. After trying a few times it suddenly pops into the armed position and stays there. I have the idea it helps to first move it to aft (not sure though)

Anyone else experienced this?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

Hi

You need to be in A/G mode and allow the TGP to initiate first, then you will be able to use the switch.

Until then the switch is on a spring, and can not be activated.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Bignewy,

I'm still pretty sure something is wrong here. Reproduced the issue and saved the track. Maybe you can take a look at it.

After the TPOD is initiated (and I switched to AG mode), you'll see what happens when I try to flip the switch. When I finally got it to the ARM position, I switched back to SAFE again and tried to place it back to ARM. You'll see what happens.

Might have to do something with rearming by ground crew. When I start in the air, it works without any issue.

(feel free to move this thread to the bug section once verified as bug)

LTDR switch to ARM.trk

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

Hi

I have just looked at your track, when I could see you were struggling with the switch I took control and tested with my left and right mouse click and all seems ok.

Also tested with my own mission with the same results.

Can you check you don't have any conflicting key bind's I'm trying to think what else could be creating this problem, which you are obviously seeing from the track.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

I have just looked at your track, when I could see you were struggling with the switch I took control and tested with my left and right mouse click and all seems ok.

Also tested with my own mission with the same results.

Can you check you don't have any conflicting key bind's I'm trying to think what else could be creating this problem, which you are obviously seeing from the track.

Thank you for looking at the track and trying out

I checked all my key binds (and deleted all unnecessary ones from other controllers than my hotas), but still the problem persists.

I also did a cleanup and repair without any result.

Ah well, by the lack of replies, it seems I'm pretty much the only one having this issue, so nevermind I guess :)

System specs:

Not sure this is going to help you (can't remember if this is one I had the problem with), but there are a few switches that require more than a quick flick to get them to catch. They will visually move on the screen, but not pick up. I have ran into this with a few using a programmable keyboard with AutoHotKey to activate say LCTRL-L with one button push. Almost everything it works, but for some it seems to need a longer hold (it also doesn't work with triggers in training).

Not sure this is going to help you (can't remember if this is one I had the problem with), but there are a few switches that require more than a quick flick to get them to catch. They will visually move on the screen, but not pick up. I have ran into this with a few using a programmable keyboard with AutoHotKey to activate say LCTRL-L with one button push. Almost everything it works, but for some it seems to need a longer hold (it also doesn't work with triggers in training).

Thanks for the tip, but I tried this and it didn't help.

Ah well, it's just a minor thing which will probably solve itself somewhere along the EA developmemt road ;)

System specs:

Try using a keyboard key set to LTD/R ARM and press it a couple of times in A/G mode. This works for me.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I also have trouble with the LTD/R ARM switch. It never wants to move to the forward position (ARM) and stay there, unless I put it to the backward position (forgot what it's called) first. As soon as I flicked it to the backward position momentarily I can move it to the forward position just fine, but not before that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

We have a reported issue with the LTD/R switch using hot start the switch is in the middle, it can not be moved forward without being moved to aft.

The one thing I've learned the hard way with multiple control sticks/throttles is to double check any assigned key binds. Or just remove them entirely.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for reopening this thread, but I'm pretty sure this is still a thing

When flying mission Operation Snowfox, I always have problems getting the switch into LTD/R

I had been thinking that it was a wear issue with my old mouse right button. But now that I have Miles' Pointctrl I'm still having trouble flipping the switch. So it's definitely not a mouse related issue.

Switching to safe and than to LTD/R still works every time, but obviously this is not normal

System specs:

I just assumed that was intended behavior?

If you accidentally bump the switch with your hand, it could fall into ARM. It's in a spot really close to your arm, next to a lot of other switches that you might flick on a regular basis. Makes sense to use a switch that requires a downward click before upward ones. No examples come to mind ATM but I'm almost certain these 3 position safety switches are a thing.

edit: It also looks like it feels the same as the FLIR switch, which is right beside it.

Edited by Preendog

As the topic title says.

I'm pretty sure I've setup everything correctly, but allmost every time I try to place it in ARM, it moves slightly towards the armed position and then flips back to safe. After trying a few times it suddenly pops into the armed position and stays there. I have the idea it helps to first move it to aft (not sure though)

Anyone else experienced this?

Hey sirrah, not sure if you looked at this but the Master Arm must also be on for the LTD/R switch to also stay in ARM position. Seems to be a double safety system.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Hey sirrah, not sure if you looked at this but the Master Arm must also be on for the LTD/R switch to also stay in ARM position. Seems to be a double safety system.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know and I had it on

I just assumed that was intended behavior?

If you accidentally bump the switch with your hand, it could fall into ARM. It's in a spot really close to your arm, next to a lot of other switches that you might flick on a regular basis. Makes sense to use a switch that requires a downward click before upward ones. No examples come to mind ATM but I'm almost certain these 3 position safety switches are a thing.

So you also encountered this?

I highly doubt that this is is meant as an extra safety functuon, but maybe someone can confirm?

System specs:

I got this problem as well. I can set the switch to arm by mouse click without any issues, but as soon as i use the HOTAS keybind (via TARGET GUI as well as direct DCS binding) i can only put it to "safe or "aft", but arm doesen't work and behaves as if i'm not in A/G mode or FLIR is off. Same for using keyboard binding. Tried different keybinds and nothing helped.

I'm more and more convinced, that this is a bug related to keybinds for LDT/R ARM position. Very sad, since this is a useful function to have on the HOTAS.

Got to try the trick setting it to "aft" prior to "arm" though...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I got this problem as well. I can set the switch to arm by mouse click without any issues, but as soon as i use the HOTAS keybind (via TARGET GUI as well as direct DCS binding) i can only put it to "safe or "aft", but arm doesen't work and behaves as if i'm not in A/G mode or FLIR is off. Same for using keyboard binding. Tried different keybinds and nothing helped.

I'm more and more convinced, that this is a bug related to keybinds for LDT/R ARM position. Very sad, since this is a useful function to have on the HOTAS.

Got to try the trick setting it to "aft" prior to "arm" though...

That's not the same problem I'm having, as I can't get the switch in "arm" by mouseclick (or Pointctrl click)

Still, yet another issue related to this switch..

System specs:

• 4 years later...
  • ED Team
  • Solution
19 hours ago, Joyz said:

after years of developping i still have this issue lol....

we had a fix in 2020 

I'm not seeing any issue arming the LTDR switch currently can you add a track replay example where you have an issue.

please make a new thread if you are having issues.

thanks