VR IMPROVEMENTS

javipamp

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After coming across this thread yesterday I made the changes to my graphics.lua for 'stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true'.

I saw an immediate improvement in performance. Increased my FPS to 45 in my Reverb with most settings maxed out and frametime down to 15-20ms. It is extremely playable most of the time.

I didn't notice any significant graphic glitches. I think I might have seen a couple on the very periphery of my vision but they were gone before I could even attempt to focus on them. The rest of the time looking around it's fluid and normal looking. So win in my book.

Might have to try that out again, though I don't have any real issues with the Reverb performance wise.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The current downside of 'stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true' is the problem with post fx like heat blur and cockpit lights, which are only rendered in one eye. Would be cool if this would be fixed by ED.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

The current downside of 'stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true' is the problem with post fx like heat blur and cockpit lights, which are only rendered in one eye. Would be cool if this would be fixed by ED.

+1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

At the risk if jinxing it...after reading this post and someone mentioned they [too] had an Odyssey+, I tried the stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true; thing.

Danged if it didn't seem to boost perf a bit. Almost afraid to say it but, it went up about 20%. Nothing else changed in my system/setup. No visual artifacts noted so far.

Or maybe it was something else, in a recent update [open beta]? Was worth a try. This isn't with a real heavy object load (my standard I-have-only-a-few-minutes-so-do-stuff mission).

No nVidia driver updates: they never seem to have any affect on my system anyway - why don't they 'optimize' for DCS? - don't answer that...)

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

Yea I noticed this just last night. First time I'd tried turning on the cockpit flood lights. They were only rendered in my right eye. The panel lighting is rendered in both.

Agreed it would be really nice to have that fixed.

I don't fly a lot at night, but I think I'll have to be setting the option off when I do.

• ED Team

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249511

Hey guys, I know most have been waiting for some info on VR Improvements, this is what I have.

While our initial tests showed up to 50% increase in test conditions, it could not be duplicated by most customers. Some customers saw improvements, but it appears that this is dependent on machine specs. After analyzing the VR performance data, it was determined that in order to make large VR performance gains, it would need to be part of a more encompassing engine improvement that includes Vulkan. We will continue to improve performance where we can, but right now the move towards a larger engine improvement is required and being worked on.

Thanks all, I know its not the best answer, but we want to be honest and show that we are not giving up on it, but realize that bigger changes will be needed for moving forward.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi, I haven't tried vr yet, could you explain to me what you see when something is rendered only in one eye?

In the example of the cockpit flood lights, if you close your left eye you see them, if you close your right you don't. Both eyes open and it looks odd to you and in my case would give me a headache. It's hard to describe, as in stereo vision you see the cockpit as you should, but the lighting looked almost transparent. So I turned them off and turned the console back lighting on.

So how soon is Vulkan coming? 2 weeks, 1 year, 5 years? A very 'ish answer is requested.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As apparently pretty common in the software making business, I expect an "When it's ready-ish" kind of answer there Harlikwin :D

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ditto, noticed this too in the Huey and Mi8

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

As apparently pretty common in the software making business, I expect an "When it's ready-ish" kind of answer there Harlikwin :D

Oh I know, thats why I was asking more of a sooner or later question. I.e. how far along is it, how long has it been worked on etc.

Oh I know, thats why I was asking more of a sooner or later question. I.e. how far along is it, how long has it been worked on etc.

At this point I think it is safe to go with "later". But should be well worth it when it does come.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

not only that, sometimes the terrain fail as well but it is not so noticeable with the index as was with the 5K(bigger FOV)

Confirmed, always observed the terrain was not rendered on the left eye outer FOV of the 5k when set 'stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true'.

I took it as kind of experimental option.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Take a look at PointCTRL:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

I hope to get mine this week.

I have it since three days and it is cool. Needs some fine tuning by calibration. But even with stock settings it is a hugh improvement. I needed to disable my second monitor until if have time to do the calibration.

Miles did a great job. :thumbup:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN