F10 Map 'Night Mode'

enza

My 2 cents: A nice feature would be a 'dark' version or 'night mode' of the F10 map to use when flying at dusk/dawn/night. My retinas get blown out whenever I need to switch between the cockpit and the map during low light flying.

Thanks,

Enza (aka Waxer)

My 2 cents: A nice feature would be a 'dark' version or 'night mode' of the F10 map to use when flying at dusk/dawn/night. My retinas get blown out whenever I need to switch between the cockpit and the map during low light flying.

Thanks,

Enza (aka Waxer)

100% agree! Would be a very welcomed addition to DCS.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

+1 Maybe a darkened map with a flashlight over the mouse or something?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

if ED manage to find a way to tone down the kneeboard whites for night then we wouldnt need to create night VR compat kneeboards. But the stock ones are overbright and cause smear on VR and thus blindness. HB do this modestly, with understanding of the issue. I don't personally have an issue with the F10 map though...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Already done here (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242134) for the kneeboard and the cursor, I may add the same for the F10 map, I will have a look to see if there are not too many shaders to modify.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

With all the improvements to the night lighting and how awesome it is getting I'd like to bring this back up. Opening the map in a dark room while you are night flying is like getting hit with a flash bang. Making this a bit of a priority would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I like the idea behind having a darkened map, and having the cursor be a flashlight, no reason why you couldn't do the same thing with the kneeboard. Plus it's probably more realistic.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.