Gets stuck in grass. - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #11
Polychop Simulations

We haven't been able to replicate this issue either. I believe you when you say it happened. There has been a short period where all helicopters would get stuck on ships for example as well until the DCS core was updated. If you can be a bit more specific we can see if the problem can be replicated and fixed.
Polychop Simulations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #12
VampireNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polychop Simulations View Post
We haven't been able to replicate this issue either. I believe you when you say it happened. There has been a short period where all helicopters would get stuck on ships for example as well until the DCS core was updated. If you can be a bit more specific we can see if the problem can be replicated and fixed.
If it is just isolated incidents then that is fine - bit of a pain as you need to quit out to menu and start again thou. Just flying the Gazelle for the first time last night and it happened on two separate occasions which prompted me to mention it. But yes I have also landed and lifted off again from grass just fine on other occasions.

In lieu of a track, I will paint a visual word picture of what happened - slow to a 3-5' hover, descend slowly to grass and land, lower collective fully, raise collective - no liftoff, raise collective more, no liftoff, raise collective fully, no liftoff. Not too hard to visualise, but if it happens again I will try to get a trk file. I am not sure what specifics you need - the helicopter was sitting on grass and was unable to lift off.

We can also dispense with the standard 'its your fault, you crashed etc etc', I can fly a helicopter.
It was very similar to dropping a wheel off the taxiway in the Mirage and then requiring full AB to get rolling again.

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #13
swatstar98

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNZ View Post
If it is just isolated incidents then that is fine - bit of a pain as you need to quit out to menu and start again thou. Just flying the Gazelle for the first time last night and it happened on two separate occasions which prompted me to mention it. But yes I have also landed and lifted off again from grass just fine on other occasions.

In lieu of a track, I will paint a visual word picture of what happened - slow to a 3-5' hover, descend slowly to grass and land, lower collective fully, raise collective - no liftoff, raise collective more, no liftoff, raise collective fully, no liftoff. Not too hard to visualise, but if it happens again I will try to get a trk file. I am not sure what specifics you need - the helicopter was sitting on grass and was unable to lift off.

We can also dispense with the standard 'its your fault, you crashed etc etc', I can fly a helicopter.
It was very similar to dropping a wheel off the taxiway in the Mirage and then requiring full AB to get rolling again.
Nobody is saying that we don't believe you, we asked for it because nobody can replicate it, even with the conditions given by yourself. So, the only way to see what's happening is giving a track to see it and try to guess what's happening. With no track, if it's impossible to replicate, we can't do anything. I tried in 10 different spots 8 in Caucasus and 2 in PG, could replicate.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #14
Holbeach

The only way I could get a, full collective no lift off, was to tilt fwd 20 deg first. This would cause internal damge and no lift off.
Assuming this doesn't occur for the OP, then for me, 2 hrs of landing/TO practice, produced no problems.

Holbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #15
VampireNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbeach View Post
The only way I could get a, full collective no lift off, was to tilt fwd 20 deg first. This would cause internal damge and no lift off.
Assuming this doesn't occur for the OP, then for me, 2 hrs of landing/TO practice, produced no problems.

Yeah - I have literally have no idea why it happened but it did happen on several seperate occasions. Just been for another fly and tried a few landings and they were fine. Even tried one skid on tarmac, other on grass and still good.

If it happens again I will def get a track file - just so long as it is not a usual thing then no problems! As you can imagine when it did happed I was like WTF! lol.
Also improvements in the GE topic, I updated that also.

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #16
swatstar98

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNZ View Post
Yeah - I have literally have no idea why it happened but it did happen on several seperate occasions. Just been for another fly and tried a few landings and they were fine. Even tried one skid on tarmac, other on grass and still good.

If it happens again I will def get a track file - just so long as it is not a usual thing then no problems! As you can imagine when it did happed I was like WTF! lol.
Also improvements in the GE topic, I updated that also.
Nice to hear that, hope you enjoy the gazelle. Have fun and remember to save the track if happens again.