Looking for realistic Spitfire curves

mr_mojo97

Hey all, I’ve been flying the spit for a good while, I’m using the Warthog grip on a Virpil T-50 base. Without any alteration to the curves, is it likely that the spot handles as twitchy as it does in DCS? If so I’ll deal with it like that but if not, can anyone recommend some more realistic curves? Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I have used 3 different joysticks in DCS. I find an extension helps slow things down and increase accuracy for the Spitfire and curves really are required to slow things down a bit. I still use curves a bit on my TM warthog. I will attach those as pics simply for ideas since mine is not a virpil and mine is extended but it bit may help a bit just to show the direction to possibly head.

Slowing down the yaw helps a lot when aiming if you want to yaw into your target at times.

It probably helps in landing and take off as well.

I put a small dead zone into the brakes so an accidental touch doesn't take the brake off as easily when it is in a Held on on position.

Pitch I slowed down as well.

Every stick is a bit different due mostly due to the throw length measured at the top of the stick during full movement. I.E. the distance from the gimbal to the top of the stick is not a constant across the board for all sticks..

The point is mine will not be perfect for you but may give you ideas.

I use a 3 inch extension and so my curves will not be the same as someone without an extension.

I keep eyeing that virpil base.

I think the most important one is the yaw. It is far too fast for effective use in the air with the stock setting on my stick.

Pitch.png.fc3bd808c4f146ae123b86687a4f8c91.png

roll.png.ce1550f976fec372202cc9390c393a35.png

rudder.png.226ca1c0036e3e6e03d116e265f9ffea.png

1007124427_wheelbrakes.png.639f2bd22a2a57ec86500b34ede69b5f.png

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

I apologise, I forgot to mention I also use the long and medium virpil extension set (so about 7in). I'll give these suggestions a go. Cheers mate

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

The thing about curves is that although they help with overly sensitive small movements, they make larger movements more sensitive, which can also be a problem.

For that reason, I use no curves. It’s a case of finding a solution that suits your style best, no definitive answer as DeepDrummer said.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The thing about curves is that although they help with overly sensitive small movements, they make larger movements more sensitive, which can also be a problem.

For that reason, I use no curves. It’s a case of finding a solution that suits your style best, no definitive answer as DeepDrummer said.

it is a real problem for helo, because center for a helo is never a center ( regarding antitorque) so for helo I prefer to flattern the curve and not using full range. regarding collectiv no problem with curves.

Regarding aircraft and propeller, curves works like a charm on x and y axis, unfact you do a roll or barrel roll, it still ok and far more accurate and precise close to center. for Rudder, i suggest to not use curve at all or less than 12-15% unfact it could be touchy.

When you land your spit in pitch up attitude and a little throttle, the rudder lose some authority, same thing once Rolling and decelering on RWY, so you need full range for sure, and precision. to keep her straight until full stop.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals