Wags' July 14th Video

pimp

Hi All,

At the 3:52 minute mark, how was Wags able to start in that specific spot on the Stennis?

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

A few other aircraft were probably already spawned on elevator 1, elevator 2, the corral and the street behind the Cat 1 JBD

Thanks for your reply, but how do you set this up in ME? Can you not specify which elevator to start up on yet?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Something else I noticed is the lack of wingtip vortices. I am still seeing those with the latest update. My plane seems to taxi around on the flight deck fairly well until I get turned down wind. Then turning back into the wind is a bit difficult. I will attach a .miz file if I can just remember to do it!! :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probably something on the way to the full Stennis module. But well, I've seem someone else doing this months ago.

Didn't get an answer on how to achieve this though. Wild guess: It might be possible by hacking the "mission" file inside the miz (open with 7zip), changing the coordinates of the asset and it's zeroeth waypoint. Get the values by placing a static one, copy them over to the controlled one and remove the static one afterwards or move it somewhere else. Haven't tried that yet though.

At least it's safe to say that they definately did not taxi the planes to these positions and just shut them down to do a ramp start just then. The main wheels are just at the edge of the lift, it's not possible to get there by taxiing without reverse. The Hornet ain't no Harrier or Viggen dealwithit.png

Also, if you let AIs land on the carrier they'll take up some positions, but never the ones where player controlled, or any other active units for that matter, spawn on (those "auto" parking lots right behind the 2nd cat). See this here (jump to 14:46 to see the interesting part):

Also, I haven't been able to spawn myself (plane set to Player in ME) on any spot other than the first one right behind Cat 2. I even put in more units, then removed mine, put another AI in the gaping gap and then mine back after that - no luck. Always the first of the auto slots that's given to me.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thank you for that 7zip tip. I did not know that's how you open the mission file. I'll look into changing the coordinate hack.

After looking through the mission file, I get the same set of coordinates for each aircraft. See mission attached:

["y"] = -95698.406571428,

["x"] = -84546.188571429,

Not even sure if these are coordinates. I did manage to get 9 AI aircraft on the carrier. However, the first four aircraft are not in real parking spots. Also when I set player as one of the Hornets on either elevator nothing happens. The mission starts but I'm in the outside view. I've noticed in the ME you can choose from 4 spots, but I did not notice any difference. When i add more aircraft I cannot see them on the carrier. It's like you can only have up to 9. There's obviously a way to hack the mission file in order to startup on an elevator. I wish someone from ED can chime in.

41cy1f5f4x97exx6g.jpg

mcyhue6xp703dwa6g.jpg

Spawn_Test_PG.miz

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone else has, but I finally figured it out. In order to spawn on an elevator, first 4 spots behind Cat 1 needs to be occupied by STATIC objects, not other aircraft. Make sure the spot you want to spawn on is open, and the other spots are occupied. See different elevator spawns in pics below: Test mission file attached.

6e33p0vl76idc786g.jpg

eau7jhas2ha68zs6g.jpg

Spawn_Test3_PG.miz

Here is a single player miz I made for bombing and carrier practice that starts in that position. It has two SB-3's, and two groups of f-18's landing during your startup. You must have ( deck crew ) installed for it to load.

After the first group of 18's land you should be ready to taxi too cat 2 for take off and do some bombing at kobuleti, or not load any weapons, takeoff after first group of 18,s land, fall in behind the second group, they should be at the beam, or the rear of the boat turning on their upwind, you have to catch up. See how close in time you can trap too the fourth A/C of second group of 18's.

Again you need ( deck crew ) installed

Recovery and Trapping.miz

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

• 4 months later...

Hey, tthis works great with one aircraft, but what about 4? I have tried this on my latest mission and two spots ont he 4 get filled. I am about to try it on the server and shoot a message out on the FB group if ppl can join up and see where i get them spawned...stby...

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone else has, but I finally figured it out. In order to spawn on an elevator, first 4 spots behind Cat 1 needs to be occupied by STATIC objects, not other aircraft. Make sure the spot you want to spawn on is open, and the other spots are occupied. See different elevator spawns in pics below: Test mission file attached.

6e33p0vl76idc786g.jpg

eau7jhas2ha68zs6g.jpg

Ted Crowley

Lead Pilot - Virtual Armed Forces

VAF-136 #305