Capt Zeen UH-1H Helios profile ! !

Hi

Fixed! It was a user authority issue so I ran helios in admin mode and worked great.

Can helios and your profile be used with both dcs v1.5 and v2 on same drive

thx Lee

Dental1;

Yes you can just put the two files in the same locations in the DCS 2.0 folder as you did for DCS 1.5

• 6 months later...

Sweet! This is exactly what I was looking for!

I ran into one problem right away, when I try to install Helios it says I have to install .net framework 2.0. I'm on Windows 10 and the newest .net framework is installed. How do I get past this?

Also I need to look up instructions to run Helios on a separate PC, don't want the performance hit since I fly in VR. I'm hoping I won't have any complications from the export.lua given that I've already got it running my motion sim and SimShaker for Aviators.

I'm SO excited! Just in case anyone is scratching their head wondering why I'm doing this when I will be wearing a Rift on my face, my plan is to use Helios and button boxes for cold starts, then put on the Rift and take off! I think this will be cool.

Trip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi Capt Zeen,

Amazing work, thank you very very much for your efforts!!!!!

I have got a question.

I am new to this and wondering if it might be possible to show the sidegunner views on a tablet and use the tablet to aim and fire like you can in vr?

I see that the Helios profile does not contain any views for the gunners at the moment.

Is there another way to project these gunner views on my tablet screen(s) and add the functionality to aim and fire the gun?

This would be great fun and maybe could allow all three gunners to join the fight, without these players having to join the game on another system in a multiplayer session. I imagine that we can use the axis and touchscreen of the tablet to make it function like a joystick/ (VR) screen.

https://matricapp.com/

It would be even nicer if we could make some controls for the touchscreen to switch between the left, right and co pilots gunner / aiming views  

I don't know anything about this yet so i will have to study it. But do you think this can this be done in this way?

Another example is the Yak-52 (or any other multicrew aircraft)

Can i set up a tablet in such a way that i can give this to my virtual passenger, so they can look around (and perform functions) with the tablet while i am flying on my pc?

I would really like to accomplish this, because i think it must be possible in some way. 

Do you have any advice on this matter?

Thanks again!

Edited by DutchDonk
xtra info