The Deephack and dotChuckles DCS Podcast 1

dotChuckles

Hi guys, myself and Deephack have decided to enter the world of podcasting. Please go and have a listen, or watch our first offering here were we talk news, opinion and rumours about DCS and flight simming. Hopefully this will be the first of many! Should have it out on itunes and other podcasting sources soon too.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit: never mind. A-4E. Must have been wishful hearing :)

Much enjoyed listening to this. You mention a hoggit F-4E. Anyone have a link to this? Or did I imagine that.

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

In general: I like it!

It's nice to hear you talk about simulator stuff in general, so no real further input there. What I found less interesting was commenting on forum drama. It's just not interesting enough to hear someone talk about no matter how dramatic it has been.

As for the name of the podcast: Poddy McPodface has my vote.

To be completely honest - I couldn't sit down and watch that length of video on YT with that sort of content (two geezers chatting). I can quite easily, however, have it playing in the background, whilst doing something else (like whilst I'm building models, or doing admin on the PC).

It's the same with all the videos that essentially just have content that could be put on a radio programme, for example.

That makes my comment about the syncing a bit of a moot point, I know (I'm Johnny Dioxin on YT - the buggers wouldn't let me use my callsign) - but I just wanted to be sure everyone else saw the 'lag', too. In that case - matters not at all if you keep the out of sync audio :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

To be completely honest - I couldn't sit down and watch that length of video on YT with that sort of content (two geezers chatting). I can quite easily, however, have it playing in the background, whilst doing something else (like whilst I'm building models, or doing admin on the PC).

It's the same with all the videos that essentially just have content that could be put on a radio programme, for example.

That makes my comment about the syncing a bit of a moot point, I know (I'm Johnny Dioxin on YT - the buggers wouldn't let me use my callsign) - but I just wanted to be sure everyone else saw the 'lag', too. In that case - matters not at all if you keep the out of sync audio :)

The podcast is designed to be enjoyed either as something you might want to watch, or as something that you listen to in the background. I can't think of a finer activity then building models and having some blokes witter on about flight sims in the background :) perfect Saturday afternoon. Pop the video on in your browser and minimize it, make sure you post lots of pictures of your finished model though. I love seeing what people build.

In the future we are planning to have a few more visuals, that we can bring to the party, and might make the video experience a bit more engaging. However we will still also make it available as an audio only format, so it won't be anything that will take away from that or be essential to enjoyment.

The video delay is down to us not tuning hangouts to work in the most efficient way that it can, we'll endeavor to improve it. I am also looking into other methods of that will let us mix in more visuals and streams, while hopefully not having to do a round trip through several encoders.

With this one, we really wanted to just dip our toes in the water and see how it was received... think of this as our Alpha release ;)

As I said to snoopy, as soon as we get the audio only formats sorted I'll publish the details, there is just a couple of things we want to get nailed before we do that.

But thank you for listening! And good luck with your modeling. I have a Revell 1:48 GR4 that I am itching to rip open when I get some time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]