Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Hi Ciribob.

I was testing the new ADF beacon feature and i´m not able to make it work. I can hear the morse code in the right frequency listed in the text box when i´m deploying the beacon but the ADF pointer doesn´t point to the correct beacon place.

i was testing in Sochi and the ADF 761 works perfect both for the Huey and the Hip, but when i´m using a custom CTLD beacon i can´t make the pointer works.

Maybe i´m doing something wrong but if DCS ADF stock beacons works it´s very strange that CTLD beacons don´t. ADF settings are correct because i´m able to make it work with DCS beacons, so it´s the CTLD i suposse.

If you could take a look at this would be perfect.

Thanks for your awesome work with this script.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi Ciribob.

I was testing the new ADF beacon feature and i´m not able to make it work. I can hear the morse code in the right frequency listed in the text box when i´m deploying the beacon but the ADF pointer doesn´t point to the correct beacon place.

i was testing in Sochi and the ADF 761 works perfect both for the Huey and the Hip, but when i´m using a custom CTLD beacon i can´t make the pointer works.

Maybe i´m doing something wrong but if DCS ADF stock beacons works it´s very strange that CTLD beacons don´t. ADF settings are correct because i´m able to make it work with DCS beacons, so it´s the CTLD i suposse.

If you could take a look at this would be perfect.

Thanks for your awesome work with this script.

Bugger... Thanks for letting me know!

I've used the other methods for the VHF beacons now... Try the new upload on github

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

The issue with this method is the trigger.action.radioTransmission function in dcs doesnt quite work as advertised in that when the sound end it keeps transmitting but there are enough spare frequencies it shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Yeah, I can't get it to duplicate alone. When on a MP server, it seems that it's a combination of having troops on board, and the sling load..

Logs attached.

Thanks!

Looks like its a DCS crash though as there are no errors from the CTLD Script which is a shame otherwise I'd have a chance at fixing it... :(

I've just run a quick test using my laptop as a server and I couldnt make it crash with troops onboard so it looks like some other variables are needed to trigger the crash, possibly just more players!

http://www.twitch.tv/ciribob/b/668086652

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry but the pointer still doesn´t work.

Again i can hear the morse code but the pointer nedle isn´t pointing at the beacon location.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Sorry but the pointer still doesn´t work.

Again i can hear the morse code but the pointer nedle isn´t pointing at the beacon location.

Hmm can you try the test mission on GitHub? I just tried a quick multiplayer test and its working... It may be the CTLD file didnt actually get updated by the mission editor when you re-added it? Are both beacon.ogg and beaconsilent.ogg in the mission file?

Quick Test Vid: http://www.twitch.tv/ciribob/b/668285774

It might not actually play for a bit as it's still being processed by Twitch.

Thanks you for your help testing and patience, it really helps! :)

Uhmmmm.

So sorry, i´ve forget to include beacon.ogg and beaconsilent.ogg in the mission file. So not only i must include mist and CTLD via do script file. i also must include both .ogg files but how?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uhmmmm.

So sorry, i´ve forget to include beacon.ogg and beaconsilent.ogg in the mission file. So not only i must include mist and CTLD via do script file. i also must include both .ogg files but how?

No worries :) if you look on the github page I've updated the readme showing how to include them both.

Basically just add two more trigger actions of sound to country.

It works like a charm ¡¡¡

This was my problem, missing ogg files. Maybe the first version of your beacons feature will also works because my fault was not including this audio files, but the CTLD file right now works perfect. With helicopters, planes and ground units, even with manpds ¡¡¡.

Only one question:

It´s possible to change Sound to Country for Sound to Coalition to make it work?

Thanks for this splendid work Ciribob.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It works like a charm ¡¡¡

This was my problem, missing ogg files. Maybe the first version of your beacons feature will also works because my fault was not including this audio files, but the CTLD file right now works perfect. With helicopters, planes and ground units, even with manpds ¡¡¡.

Only one question:

It´s possible to change Sound to Country for Sound to Coalition to make it work?

Thanks for this splendid work Ciribob.

Glad its working!

I'm not sure the other version worked so I'll leave it as is :D

You can use Sound to Coalition if you like, it doesn't really matter as all the trigger does is put the sound file in the mission so my script can use it. The only reason I suggest Sound to Country is if you use Sound to coalition and someone joins from that coalition at the start they'll hear the Morse code noise whereas if you use Sound to Country and set it to Belgium, no one will hear it unless they are playing as Belgium. :)

That´s a wise choice. Great work. Eagerly editing for use it now in my missions.

Thanks again Ciribob.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can we count the amount of extracted units inside a particular trigger ?

Currently no but i'm not quite sure what you mean?

Do you want to count the number of troops dropped in a zone and standing around? Or a zone where you can drop troops, they disappear when dropped and get added to a counter?

To count the number of troop dropped in a zone.

I have some MBT waiting their crews in a trigger zone called "tank". I need 20 men to operate them.

I'd like to have a fonction to count troop. Like maybe ctld.countextrated ("tank", 20, 50) where i can define my zone (tank), number of troops (20), flag true when count reach (50).

Also, i have an error with the script found before to count cargo. It work always with the latest version ?

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

I have some MBT waiting their crews in a trigger zone called "tank". I need 20 men to operate them.

I'd like to have a fonction to count troop. Like maybe ctld.countextrated ("tank", 20, 50) where i can define my zone (tank), number of troops (20), flag true when count reach (50).

Also, i have an error with the script found before to count cargo. It work always with the latest version ?

Ah right I understand. That shouldn't be too hard to do. Do you want the troops you dropped to disappear in the zone?

I can make a proper count in zone for crates as well that triggers a flag although the one posted earlier in the thread should work.

Might have some time this week to have a look. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks to keep helos alive with this script.

About suggestion :) Do you think that you could limit the amont of spawn group?

Imagine a base with 100 men so with spawn group at a trigger, i could only have 10 groups.

ctld.spawnGroupAtTrigger("groupside", number, "triggerName", radius, limit)

limit = max group who can spawn

I try to do it myself with ME and some triggers but my skill is low.

I try to spawn a group at mission start, if you pickup it, another spawn 60s later when you leave the zone. With this, i try to limit the reinforcement available.

Thanks to keep helos alive with this script.

About suggestion :) Do you think that you could limit the amont of spawn group?

Imagine a base with 100 men so with spawn group at a trigger, i could only have 10 groups.

ctld.spawnGroupAtTrigger("groupside", number, "triggerName", radius, limit)

limit = max group who can spawn

I try to do it myself with ME and some triggers but my skill is low.

I try to spawn a group at mission start, if you pickup it, another spawn 60s later when you leave the zone. With this, i try to limit the reinforcement available.

You can actually limit it now by not adding a pickup zone for troops and adding 10 groups of 10 men manually and adding their group name to the ctld.extractableGroups table. Unless i'm missing something and you're using the spawnGroupAt trigger for something else?

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.14

Added new mission editor functions

1. ctld.cratesInZone - Continuously counts the number of crates in a zone and stores the total in a flag
  2. ctld.createRadioBeaconAtZone - spawns a UHF, VHF and FM radio beacon at a zone
  3. ctld.createExtractZone - Counts all troops dropped at the flag and removes them. Stores the total number of troops dropped in a flag and could be used for a rescue script. I.e you need to save 10 hostages and drop them at the zone.

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

I'm not sure when i'm going to get round to the spotter group stuff as its a bit more work than i thought but soon :)

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

The radio beacon feature is simply amazing. And it works ¡¡¡

Thanks again Ciribob, our squad missions now are plenty of improvements and posibilities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whoo really fast.

Thanks you mate, will try it ASAP

I just want to limit the number of spawn to limit reinforcement. I try to use a trigger zone to avoid too many infantry at the same time.

100 men, maybe ok but if i need more it will kill my cpu.

Edited by wolf5

The radio beacon feature is simply amazing. And it works ¡¡¡

Thanks again Ciribob, our squad missions now are plenty of improvements and posibilities.

Glad to hear its working! Have you tried the FM radio on the Huey as well?

Whoo really fast.

Thanks you mate, will try it ASAP

I just want to limit the number of spawn to limit reinforcement. I try to use a trigger zone to avoid too many infantry at the same time.

100 men, maybe ok but if i need more it will kill my cpu.

Hmm you could have say 10 APCs, create a drop zone and preload the troops into the apcs.

When a helicopter lands, drive the APC to the drop zone and 10 troops will drop out which you can pickup. That'll cut down the number of units on the map at one time.

There's an example in the test mission of how to do this.

I would've thought there's a way to do by decrementing a flag in the mission editor as well.

Small Bug fix release. There was an issue where the HAWK wouldn't always rearm as it thought you were too far away... sorry!

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.15

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

Question,

Only a crate spawn with your script can trigger the function ctld.cratesInZone ?

It seems it doesn't work with crates placed with ME.

Yup unfortunately it will only work with crates spawned by the script. Making it work for crates added by the mission editor is more difficult but possible.