Capt Zeen P-51D and TF-51D Helios Profile ! ! !

Hi guys,

I have the most recent version of Helios installed and got everything working using LOZ's A-10C double monitor profile.

Now I'm trying to open the P-51 and F-15C profiles by CAPT ZEEN, But every time I open either the P-51 or F-15C profile I get a "Helios stopped working" message and the profile editor shuts down. Ihave the P-51 and F-15 profiles and images all copied into the correct folders according to the installation notes in the readme file.

Can anyone help me out? Like I said I got the LOZ A-10C double monitor profile working..

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Tom

Hi guys,

I have the most recent version of Helios installed and got everything working using LOZ's A-10C double monitor profile.

Now I'm trying to open the P-51 and F-15C profiles by CAPT ZEEN, But every time I open either the P-51 or F-15C profile I get a "Helios stopped working" message and the profile editor shuts down. Ihave the P-51 and F-15 profiles and images all copied into the correct folders according to the installation notes in the readme file.

Can anyone help me out? Like I said I got the LOZ A-10C double monitor profile working..

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Tom

Was getting the 'Helios stopped working error' also, try running the editor and control centre in Admin mode (run as administrator), should fix it.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hi guys, currently trying this profile and it see,s to work great. The only issue I seem to have is like the photo on the first post here, my ignition and rocket switches are too low down on the screen to allow me access.

Is there something I'm missing or some button I need to press to pull that bottom panel up.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Are you using the correct aspect ratio? The profile is available in both 16:10 and 16:9 versions.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes mate, tried both. 16:9

Cowboy10uk

Edit : it's ok forget this, I was being an idiot. Didn't look under the weapons button, which brings those switches up. All good.

Sorry bout that.

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Hey Capt. Zeen

I've just started using Helios with your profiles, really great work.

One issue I found is the fuselage fuel gauge in the P-51. It doesn't display what it should but it seems to me that it is tied to the oil temperature gauge.

Thanks for the feedback, i am going to take a look on that.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Am after some help. Have just started flying the P51 and have downloaded this profile but I am unable to get any of the key pushes to be recognized in DCS. I have added the Flaming Cliffs interface and setup up the missing buttons in DCS but when I move a switch in helios nothing happens in DCS

Hi All

Am after some help. Have just started flying the P51 and have downloaded this profile but I am unable to get any of the key pushes to be recognized in DCS. I have added the Flaming Cliffs interface and setup up the missing buttons in DCS but when I move a switch in helios nothing happens in DCS

Read the instructions, you need to assign several keys in your option/controls in the DCS.

In my lasts profiles i add a modified defaul.lua for the key commands, but that one (p51) was the first one and there is not a default.lua, you need to add the key commands manually.

Read the instructions, you need to assign several keys in your option/controls in the DCS.

In my lasts profiles i add a modified defaul.lua for the key commands, but that one (p51) was the first one and there is not a default.lua, you need to add the key commands manually.

Hi Capt Zeen

Thanks for the quick response. I have added the keys in the instructions to DCS controls and have looked at the profile and keys are bound i.e del for fuel booster. When in game i can press del and switch responds but when i flip switch in Helios nothing happens

Am i missing something ?

Thanks

Hi Capt Zeen

Thanks for the quick response. I have added the keys in the instructions to DCS controls and have looked at the profile and keys are bound i.e del for fuel booster. When in game i can press del and switch responds but when i flip switch in Helios nothing happens

Am i missing something ?

Thanks

umm everything looks correct, then. Be sure you got the focus on the game when you click the switches on the profile.

You can also test the switches of the profile, opening a blank text file, give focus over the opened text and click on the profile buttons, usualy you see letters appears on the text. But deppends of the combination of keys.

• 9 months later...

Capt Zeen

Below is a message that I just sent to HomeFries concerning his Target profile for the P51 and your Helios profile.

HomeFries

I am using your P51 (version 1.67) target profile and the Helios profile prepared by Capt Z for the P51.

In reviewing the key commands and button assignments when using both of the above, I ran into several issues as follows:

1. The original key commands had no command for Rockets delay/inst. CZ wants RIGHT SHIFT F, but you want RControl+RShift+8 and you also have button assignments for that command. My solution was to go into Helios and changes RShift F to your RControl+RShift+8. I changed Helios as CZ’s profile will not be updated and your profile is continuously updated so I figured it was easier to just change CZ’s key assignment once and for all. Do you agree?

2. The command OIL DILUTE had no key command in the original file. You have a button assignment for this command, but no key command. I went ahead and added LSHIFT O to the key command as requested by CZ. My question is will my adding the key assignment for the Helios profile cause any problems with your target button assignment?

3. Finally, CZ has requested that the key command for Rear warning radar test be changed from LSHIFT R to LCONTROL F. Your target profile uses the default key command and also has a button assignment. I have 2 choices it seems. I can go along with CZ and change the key command to be consistent with his Helios profile OR I can leave the default key assignment and change CZ’s Helios profile to the default key command of LSHIFT R. If I do the former, does that mean that I also have to do something in your target profile? If I do the latter, than I just have to change the Helios profile. However, CZ states in his readme file that the default command causes the mission to restart. This is an old readme file and I would have assumed that if you ran across this issue when you were doing your profile, you would have commented-so I am inclined to keep the default key command and just change the Helios profile. Comments?

4. Other than the above, there does not seem to be any conflicts between your profile and CZ’s profile.

AND HOMEFRIES RESPONSES:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobe viewpost.gif

1. The original key commands had no command for Rockets delay/inst. CZ wants RIGHT SHIFT F, but you want RControl+RShift+8 and you also have button assignments for that command. My solution was to go into Helios and changes RShift F to your RControl+RShift+8. I changed Helios as CZ’s profile will not be updated and your profile is continuously updated so I figured it was easier to just change CZ’s key assignment once and for all. Do you agree?

For now, certainly. However, I will review the feasibility of the CZ keystroke for a future build. I think I kept it with numbers so as to not use something that might be confused with flaps. It originally only had the DX button, but adding the function to the WH throttle base required a keystroke.

Quote:

2. The command OIL DILUTE had no key command in the original file. You have a button assignment for this command, but no key command. I went ahead and added LSHIFT O to the key command as requested by CZ. My question is will my adding the key assignment for the Helios profile cause any problems with your target button assignment?

This is fine. Adding something that I don't use is fine, provided it does not overwrite any other command.

Quote:

3. Finally, CZ has requested that the key command for Rear warning radar test be changed from LSHIFT R to LCONTROL F. Your target profile uses the default key command and also has a button assignment. I have 2 choices it seems. I can go along with CZ and change the key command to be consistent with his Helios profile OR I can leave the default key assignment and change CZ’s Helios profile to the default key command of LSHIFT R. If I do the former, does that mean that I also have to do something in your target profile? If I do the latter, than I just have to change the Helios profile. However, CZ states in his readme file that the default command causes the mission to restart. This is an old readme file and I would have assumed that if you ran across this issue when you were doing your profile, you would have commented-so I am inclined to keep the default key command and just change the Helios profile. Comments?

I don't believe I map the rear warning radar, and if I did it would likely be a DX combo for the MFD. You should be ok to change it. Likewise, you can simply add LSHIFT+R without replacing the LCTL+F, and that will work as well.

Edited by sobe
ADDED RESPONSES

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 years later...

I've just installed Helios and the P-51 profile.
Do you have a list of the P-51 controls/switches, etc. mapped to the DCS Generic interface?

e.g. the battery switch is mapped to "Toggle Switch 1,0 TSwitch_2" in the DCS Generic interface.
I'd rather not have to trawl through the code reproducing a list that already exists somewhere.
Thanks

OK so I went ahead and did it myself.
In doing so, I think I found an error.

On the right panel - electrical panel, there's the rear radar warning volume control (labelled "audio").  This is bound to "Axis 0.1.set.Axis_A_16" of the DCS Generic interface.
"Axis 0.1.set.Axis_A_16" is also bound to the cockpit lights brightness control ("cockpit lights") on the Main panel and its duplicate on the weapons panel.
Moving the "audo" control also moves the "cockpit lights" control.

"Axis 0.1.set.Axis_A_3" has not been assigned, and I assume from the surrounding controls that "audio" should be bound to "Axis 0.1.set.Axis_A_3" rather than "Axis 0.1.set.Axis_A_16".

Also, corrected to "_3" or not, this "audio" control doesn't affect the in-game control, but the others do.