Whats you favorite thing to do in DCS?

pegg00

I seem to have hit a bald spot in my armchair piloting career. Dare I say I've become bored??

Share with me you're most unique and favorite things to do in DCS so I may revive my love of this game, I mean SIM! Please and thanks. Cheers!

Well I've burnt out about a year and a half-ish ago, but do want to return sometime, hopefully if they ever release F-4, or when the Mi-24 comes.

The things I did in DCS were:

- Creating missions and trying to complete them.

- Creating missions for multiplayer, and trying to complete them with friends.

- Creating training scenarios and getting better with different aircraft and their weapons.

- Pleasure flying, trying race courses, doing crazy stunts between buildings and under bridges etc.

- Silly dogfight scenarios like prop fighters vs early jets or trainers, trainers against early jets, any of those against attackers like A-10 or Su-25 :D.

- Testing the guns and weapons against air and ground targets, seeing how effective each of them against different target types. I like coming up with parameters for toss/loft bombing or level bombing in planes like MiG-21.

- Joining multiplayer servers every now and then, but not much really. More ofthen I do this when new aircraft is released, like MiG-21 vs F-5 servers etc.

- Helicopter joyrides, landing on highrise buildings or difficult spots, flying under bridges etc.

- Helicopter convoy attacks.

- Learning aircraft systems like instrument flight, getting better at landing a particular airframe etc.

While I don't do them myself, there are other things to do as well:

- Playing all the single and quick missions

- Playing campaigns

- Playing airquake servers nonstop (not my cup of tea, but not trying to disparage it either, it takes lots of skill and builds even more).

- Playing online campaigns like Blueflag

- Going crazy realistic procedures-wise in a virtual squadron

So as you may see, there are lots of different things someone can enjoy within DCS. Not all of them are for everyone, I admit. But chances are, you may find something you didn't think of but may enjoy after trying.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script