Having a hard time with the radar

bkthunder

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don´t worry - the real radar does not work that way and therefore this DCS-simulation will probably become more realistic as updates come along.

It is the most valid answer so far. The rest seems a competition of who is the most intelligent without concluding if the problems we have are due to a system failure or our lack of skill as radar operators. Thanks, +10

"06-16-2018, 07:50 PM #64 Wags

ED Team:

It's important to understand the AA radar is still heavily WIP. Detection, maintaining an L&S, and time to lock will be adjusted and improved. This is a high priority."

...4 month later the Hornet is still super-restricted in its A2A-capabilities and the performance of something like M2k or F15 is still super-superior. Which is kind of sad, given that fixing these issues is a "high priority" and given that I really really like this aircraft. But with its still present radar-problems and nearly non-existent IFF-capability the Hornet is still close to useless on A2A in a full-scale a2a-conflict situation (like Blueflag). :(

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"06-16-2018, 07:50 PM #64 Wags

ED Team:

It's important to understand the AA radar is still heavily WIP. Detection, maintaining an L&S, and time to lock will be adjusted and improved. This is a high priority."

...4 month later the Hornet is still super-restricted in its A2A-capabilities and the performance of something like M2k or F15 is still super-superior. Which is kind of sad, given that fixing these issues is a "high priority" and given that I really really like this aircraft. But with its still present radar-problems and nearly non-existent IFF-capability the Hornet is still close to useless on A2A in a full-scale a2a-conflict situation (like Blueflag). :(

4 month later the Hornet is still in early acces. You just have to accept that it's not a finished product and bugs will appear until development is done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Since the last update 2 weeks ago, fixing the radar breaking lock by own maneuvers i have to say that i can now fight in a hornet. I can properly use sparrow tactics in bvr cranking to reduce f-pole. This is not to say that there are improvements to be made like multitarget engagement through TWS and some more, but i am quite happy now, being EA.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

If we're talking about true to life. The F/A-18 will never be the fighter that can beat the F-15. They have two different roles. That goes for the F-14 too. It was made to kill Soviet bombers.

You can't do A/G or land on a carrier but the F-15C can fight. It's a shame it's not a full module.

Buzz