throttle curves for proper full power(TM warthog grips)

Hi,

I have a set of warthog throttle with the A/B detent installed on.

As anyone played with the throttle curves yet? With default one, I get at 96 of core rpm in mil power and I can't figure out how to set properly the curve. As anyone done and could share his number with me please?

thanks

Billy

Put both axis on Slider and put curve to around 12-13, that should activate the A/B right after the detent.

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

For what it is worth, these are my settings for with throttles set to slider and custom curve

0 - 6 - 16 - 24 - 33 - 43 - 57 - 67 - 80 - 90 - 100

I also modded the detent by filing down the leading edge slowly so I can push through into the A/B range without having to use the lifts.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

I also modded the detent by filing down the leading edge slowly so I can push through into the A/B range without having to use the lifts.

Great Idea!

Just did it myself with a knife an a nail file (gotta be creative xD)

Removed about 1mm and its much smoother now. :D

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

You can order form shapeways.com 3d printed plastic detent so that you dont have to lift it..thats what i did

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Do you have the 3D model to share? Or the product info?

$8 for the shapeways item plus $30 delivery.

Much prefer 5 minutes with a file and a bit of patience.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

You chip away on the red plastic thingy?

Definitely not.

If you have a look at the detent piece with the cover off you can see the front edge where the throttles stop requiring lifting.

Simply slowly file down that edge, testing constantly until you get to the point where you can push forward over the detent with the required amount of resistance.

You chip away on the red plastic thingy?

See the picture:

I scraped away a tiny bit of material with my knife, rounded the edges a bit, put it back in the throttle and tried it out. If you can't "press" the leaver over the detent take it out and repeat.

I would sugesst to do both sides at the same time and with equal amount of "scratches" to get an equal force required to overcome the detent.

Also you can "sharpen" the edge on the other side to get a better feedback when you pull back over the detent.

NhCCCaz.jpg?1

i figured something out, i changed the curve for the left and right throttle and it will get about 95%

I changed it to a slider and put curvature to 5, you might have to move up to 6 or 7. just play with it.

Curature 7 works like a charm for me.

Edited by b1n4ry

edbanner_new.png

$8 for the shapeways item plus $30 delivery.

Much prefer 5 minutes with a file and a bit of patience.

When first registering they do free shipping on first order... At least was when i ordered it

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

For what it is worth, these are my settings for with throttles set to slider and custom curve

0 - 6 - 16 - 24 - 33 - 43 - 57 - 67 - 80 - 90 - 100

You sir are a GENIUS!! I've just done the mod and it s perfect!!

I have a 3d model (stl) that I can share. I am away from home though for 2 days but will upload when I return. I've already printed it out and tested it, and it works perfect.

Did someone notice that the throttle (3d model in cockpit) does not move for the first few %? I added saturation of 10%.

Yes i also noticed that... it means that we loose a lot of throttle travel! At first I thought my throttle were not properly calibrated. so I proceed to calibrate it but no success. I even went to see in the harrier and f-5 and they have the full travel... I wonder if it is a bug and it will be fix

Yes i also noticed that... it means that we loose a lot of throttle travel! At first I thought my throttle were not properly calibrated. so I proceed to calibrate it but no success. I even went to see in the harrier and f-5 and they have the full travel... I wonder if it is a bug and it will be fix

If you add a saturation you get more movement!

I have a 3d model (stl) that I can share. I am away from home though for 2 days but will upload when I return. I've already printed it out and tested it, and it works perfect.

Is that STL with the push through detent? Thingiverse only has the stop detent one...