DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

New RELEASE Version - 1.2.9.7

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 7/8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

This release adds the first version of the optional SRS In Game Overlay using the native DCS GUI. This means if you want to use VR or run DCS in proper full screen, you can still see incoming and outgoing transmissions as well as currently set radio frequencies. If you do use it in VR, and it works, please let me know!

The GUI is read only, you can only interact with it by dragging it around, making it clickable or hotkeys will take a while but something i'd like to do.

Thanks to Jabbers for his work on the Twitch Overlay which showed how this was possible! :thumbup:

Changelog

• Fixed installer when updating deleting the favourites file (sorry!)
  • Added Native DCS Radio Overlay - VR Compatible (hopefully)! - Toggle with Left Control + Left Shift + Escape
  • Added OPTIONAL key bindings for
    +/- 100MHz
    +/- 10MHz
    +/- 1MHz
    +/- 0.1MHz
    +/- 0.01MHz
    +/- 0.001MHz

Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Demo Video

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I think you uploaded the wrong version, I downloaded the latest update and it still says there's a new version and that I'm running 1.2.9.6 still

EDIT: Actually it just looks like you didn't increase the version number in the .exe, since it has the new keybindings in it.

Edited by LazyBoot

I think you uploaded the wrong version, I downloaded the latest update and it still says there's a new version and that I'm running 1.2.9.6 still

EDIT: Actually it just looks like you didn't increase the version number in the .exe, since it has the new keybindings in it.

Good spot! Thats annoying. I'll fix that now so people dont get confused! :thumbup:

Edit: And fixed. Hopefully! Try updating again and see if its ok now?

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Seems I'm getting a consistent cursor in VR now. The white dot that accesses the radio menu. This is happening in both 1.5 stable and 2.0. could be related to SRS, of course it could be related to something entirely different. I run no other mods and have tacview as well.

Pretty cool bob! :)

Noticed the cursor not disappearing too. Maybe another issue, put the new radio window over a switch in a clickable cockpit. Can't press the button right? Now hide the window and try again...

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Seems I'm getting a consistent cursor in VR now. The white dot that accesses the radio menu. This is happening in both 1.5 stable and 2.0. could be related to SRS, of course it could be related to something entirely different. I run no other mods and have tacview as well.

I'll try and have a look tonight.

Could you try running DCS quickly without the in built overlay? Just move the DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua from C:\Users\YOUR NAME\DCS\Scripts somewhere and move it back when you're done testing

Bug?

Version 1.2.9.5

"Enable Radio Voice Effect" = ON

is not persistent and switched back to OFF after restart of SRS.

I'll check, I probably forgot to update the button state, so it does save, it just says it hasn't!

Good spot :)

Noticed the cursor not disappearing too. Maybe another issue, put the new radio window over a switch in a clickable cockpit. Can't press the button right? Now hide the window and try again...

That makes sense, i'll try to make it more elegant.

Basically that window is always there, taking up the same amount of space even if its invisible so if it just has one line of text, its still the same size as the "full" view with the title bar.

I'll try to have a look tonight and make some new LUA for testing that resizes the window and automatically hides it completely on first DCS startup so you dont get any button clicks blocked by the intermediate minimum window (thats invisible without text)

For the cursor not disappearing, I'll see what I can do about that as well

Thanks to all for the reports & testing :thumbup:

• Like 1

Is the garbled voice comms when two frequencies are used at the same time solved now?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Hi Ciribob,

Magic stuff!!!

Minor Bug Report.

SRS 1.2.9.7

Installation disables the top left menu items for about 1/8th of the screen.

Only really effects the ME drop down menus and some drop downs..

Fault identified by re-installing DCS complete and adding MODS piecemeal.

Repeatable.

Delete SR export scripts resolves the issue

W10, i7-6700-oc 980ti-oc

This video screen grab explains...

https://youtu.be/zO-vazzbwE4

SIGBLOCK.png

Is the garbled voice comms when two frequencies are used at the same time solved now?

Hi Ciribob,

Magic stuff!!!

Minor Bug Report.

SRS 1.2.9.7

Installation disables the top left menu items for about 1/8th of the screen.

Only really effects the ME drop down menus and some drop downs..

Fault identified by re-installing DCS complete and adding MODS piecemeal.

Repeatable.

Delete SR export scripts resolves the issue

W10, i7-6700-oc 980ti-oc

This video screen grab explains...

Hotfix for all of you attached.

README in the zip :)

Sorry for the trouble!

Added a slight drop shadow too so it looks a bit nicer :)

What is the best setup for the microphone boost and the speaker boost?

Unfortunately it entirely depends on your Mic setup (my mic is 50+% boost for people to hear me) ... good rule of thumb is -50% boost as a starter as its better to be too quiet then too loud! I leave my speaker boost at 0%

Preview audio should give you a good idea :)

SRS - Overlay Hotfix.zip

Edited by Ciribob

EXCELLENT CIRIBOB - Works perfectly in the rift :) jsut a little small. Manybe a feature request to control the font size? Found a fontsize in the config file, tried changing it but didnt do anything

Great skills

thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

@Ciribob - you rock! Thanks for the hotfix, I am testing it now... (some time later) It works! You do have to hit the overlay hotkey twice to get the cursor to go away, but I assume this is toggling the clickable menu and just overlay. Great work! *No clickable functionality yet... in case there is some misunderstanding...

Reporting a bug/CTD when pressing the "Flight 0/1/2/3/4/5/6/etc" radio channel buttons in the Viggen cockpit while connected to a SRS server and in an online DCS game (Blue Flag). Works just fine when connected to a SRS server but playing in a single player mission.

SRS 1.2.9.7

EXCELLENT CIRIBOB - Works perfectly in the rift :) jsut a little small. Manybe a feature request to control the font size? Found a fontsize in the config file, tried changing it but didnt do anything

Great skills

thanks Specter

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg#L275

Look in DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg and search for fontSize :thumbup:

Eventually it'll be configurable! :)

@Ciribob - you rock! Thanks for the hotfix, I am testing it now... (some time later) It works! You do have to hit the overlay hotkey twice to get the cursor to go away, but I assume this is toggling the clickable menu and just overlay. Great work! *No clickable functionality yet... in case there is some misunderstanding...

Great! Glad its working. In my tests the mouse disappeared as long as the overlay had the title bar removed? Takes a couple of seconds to go though and I think you have to click once after toggling the title bar of the overlay away.

Reporting a bug/CTD when pressing the "Flight 0/1/2/3/4/5/6/etc" radio channel buttons in the Viggen cockpit while connected to a SRS server and in an online DCS game (Blue Flag). Works just fine when connected to a SRS server but playing in a single player mission.

SRS 1.2.9.7

Can you try it in multiplayer with SRS not running just to make sure that the radio causes it? I'll investigate too. Thanks! :)

Can you try it in multiplayer with SRS not running just to make sure that the radio causes it? I'll investigate too. Thanks! :)

Pressing all buttons on Viggen when SRS is not running works as intended. No crash.

After pressing buttons in cockpit initially then starting SRS, buttons work as intended with SRS switching frequencies on the appropriate radio...until the cog shaped radio knobs under the special channel buttons group are manipulated...then DCS crashes.

CORRECTION: Pressing the flight # radio buttons crashes DCS without SRS running (seemingly) randomly. This does not seem to be an SRS problem.

Edited by AbortedMan

I think I may have found a bug, when I run SR either host or join, and mods or vanilla, I have found that when I push L-CTRL + L-Win + L the game suddenly starts lagging until I exit SR, then the game is fine, but when I relaunch SR the lag returns until I exit DCS and restart it. The game runs fine otherwise and SR runs fine as long as I don't hit those keys.

• Like 1

I think I may have found a bug, when I run SR either host or join, and mods or vanilla, I have found that when I push L-CTRL + L-Win + L the game suddenly starts lagging until I exit SR, then the game is fine, but when I relaunch SR the lag returns until I exit DCS and restart it. The game runs fine otherwise and SR runs fine as long as I don't hit those keys.

Then dont press those buttons... :P

To fix, press L SHIFT- LEFT control - L

But in all seriousness, thanks for reporting! What do you have those buttons bound too? On the SU-27 they're not bound to anything for me... and neither is left shift + windows key +L

Do you have TacView installed?

Just had a quick test on 1.5 and I can replicate on the SU 27 in single player and only when the radio is connected to a server but didn't have much time to dig deep.

I can stop it happening entirely by disabling Tacview (v1.6.0) by removing:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

from export.lua

and

TacviewGameExport.lua

TacviewGameGUI.lua

from saved games/scripts

and then I cant seem to trigger it!

So it looks like a conflict between that keybind, DCS, Tacview 1.6.0 only when SRS is connected to a server, and if you hit that key combination.... which is a very specific set of circumstances. I'll message the creator of TacView and see if he has any idea as I have none.

I tried with the SimpleRadio export removed, but with Tacview and nothing, and i tried the opposite with just SimpleRadio and no Tacview, but nothing...

Edited by Ciribob

no Tacview, L-CTRL+L-Windows is a shortcut to type in the CDU with the keyboard for the A-10C.

Ah bugger, that's going to to be used a lot... Thanks for the quick response!

Has this ever happened before?

Could you try changing you keybind to something else for CDU and seeing if it still occurs?

Does left shift + left control + L fix it?

Could you post your export.lua here?

From saved games/DCs/scripts?

Sorry for the trouble!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ah bugger, that's going to to be used a lot... Thanks for the quick response!

Has this ever happened before?

Could you try changing you keybind to something else for CDU and seeing if it still occurs?

Does left shift + left control + L fix it?

Could you post your export.lua here?

From saved games/DCs/scripts?

Sorry for the trouble!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I haven't tried it yet, I will later this evening. Honestly I haven't used SR in a while so Im not sure what version this is. I will try those solutions.

So I did try the L-CTRL+L-SHIFT+L and it worked, went back to normal. Also my export.lua is attached.

Thanks, thats bizarre as I cant replicate with just SRS in my export.

Is L-CTRL+L-SHIFT+L bound to anything for you as well?

Glad that fix worked.