Next aircraft speculation - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-04-2015, 10:33 PM   #21
TwojaStara

For russia... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuk_%28radar%29
+ Su-24M terrain following radar
+ probabbly Su-32/33/34 ?

but none of the hints by Leatherneck would indicate such plane. For russia ones there were some discussions regarding Su-17/22M4 and/or Mig-23 (MF? or MLD?) more than year ago. As far as i remember it was stated that those coldwar era ones share up to 60% of module with Mig-21, so developement would be potentiallty quick, but they were not planning those.

Last edited by TwojaStara; 03-04-2015 at 10:38 PM.
TwojaStara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #22
WinterH

Latest Flankers do have a-g radar if I'm not mistaken. Besides that, Su-24 also had a complex two antenna radar system in it's nose. Don't know if Su-17 series had one, don't think so.

If second aircraft is a jet with a-g radar, it may perhaps be a Viggen too.

I would have liked the idea of two pacific warbirds from each side coming in rapid succession to be counterparts to each other and add to roster but, something with an air to ground radar would be very nice to have too. Especially if it's a Viggen or a Russian aircraft, both of which I'd be more excited for than F-14 . Don't get me wrong, I am excited for F-14 too, just not as overjoyed over it as most people are . So I really, really wonder what their two other aircraft are.

Ummm I guess some F-4 variants had some sort of a-g radar capacity did they not? I'd LOVE that, also A-6 had a radar too, which I'd also love, may be A-7 too? Hmm so many interesting possibilities
WinterH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #23
Angelthunder

My guess is that it will probably be a Mig-23/Mig-27 Flogger.As for WWII,i want it to be the P-38 Lightning.
Angelthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:53 PM   #24
Paradox

Well we know almost for certain that a MiG-23 is on the list don't we?

Not sure if any of them had air to ground radar... MLD? Maybe not even that.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #25
King_Hrothgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterH View Post
Latest Flankers do have a-g radar if I'm not mistaken. Besides that, Su-24 also had a complex two antenna radar system in it's nose. Don't know if Su-17 series had one, don't think so.

If second aircraft is a jet with a-g radar, it may perhaps be a Viggen too.

I would have liked the idea of two pacific warbirds from each side coming in rapid succession to be counterparts to each other and add to roster but, something with an air to ground radar would be very nice to have too. Especially if it's a Viggen or a Russian aircraft, both of which I'd be more excited for than F-14 . Don't get me wrong, I am excited for F-14 too, just not as overjoyed over it as most people are . So I really, really wonder what their two other aircraft are.

Ummm I guess some F-4 variants had some sort of a-g radar capacity did they not? I'd LOVE that, also A-6 had a radar too, which I'd also love, may be A-7 too? Hmm so many interesting possibilities

But that right there is the thing. Releasing 3 American planes isn't exactly something for everyone is it? For every person who says "I only fly US planes," I promise you there is someone else somewhere saying the same thing about only flying Russian planes.
King_Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #26
ESA_maligno

LN did seem a smoke with aircraft of WWII.
do not think they go for WWII aircraft.

It's a shame ......
ESA_maligno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #27
Highwayman-Ed

Send a message via AIM to Highwayman-Ed

Well, if the Tomcat is now officially in the pipeline, they must have some kind of agreement with Grumman as we've seen with all of the other 3rd parties, a licensing deal of some sort is pretty much mandatory if you want a full fidelity aircraft.

With my Columbo hat on...

On that assumption, The A-6 Intruder was also made by Grumman and has an A-G radar, and where the F-14 caters for the tastes of the fighter jocks, the A-6 caters for the mud movers hence the 'something for everyone' statement...

Plus... I really just want one

Intel i7-7700k @4.8GHz
MSI Z270 Gaming Carbon Pro
32GB G.Skill Trident DDR3200 RAM
MSI 11GB GTX1080ti Founders Edition
40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K
Oculus Rift CV1
Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker
Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

Highwayman-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #28
ESA_maligno

Grumman bought the Chance Vougth ...... ....F4U.. ....... Grumman F6 Hellcat, TBF Avenger ...... but ....., now ...... Not hope!!!!!!
ESA_maligno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #29
Foul Ole Ron

If they have an agreement with Grumman I'm still hoping for the F4U. I would imagine they could knock out a WW2 bird quicker than a jet which would help keep the revenue coming in while they work on the Tomcat plus something else.
Foul Ole Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #30
King_Hrothgar

Hmm, in keeping with Grumman planes, another option is F-14 + F-111 + MiG-23/27. All three being swing wings would be rather epic. It also does the something for everyone bit, at least of those who frequent this forum section. It does make one wonder about all those WW2 pics though.

Edit: Correction, the main F-111's were all General Dynamics, Grumman only did modification packages for them it seems.

Last edited by King_Hrothgar; 03-04-2015 at 11:59 PM.
King_Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcs, mig-25