MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

CAP and Refuelling

All,

A new capability has been added in the AI_A2A_DISPATCHER and AI_A2A_GCICAP. This is CAP and Refuelling to an airborne tanker.

Have a look at this video here.

6iQ7ImvG-DQ

The video explains what CAP and Refuelling is all about.

It then demonstrates a working mission and the CAP and refuelling in action.

Then it explains how to use and setup the CAP and refuelling in your scripting, using the DISPATCHER or GCICAP module.

The idea was born from a requirement set by Sierra99 on this forum, and Neck from 132nd team.

- Sierra99

- NECK

The MOOSE Release 2.2.0.pre has been updated, please download the new Moose.lua from here: https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases

It also contains a couple of other optimizations:

• Implemented a working Stop time on SCHEDULER.
  • Implemented the CAP and Refuelling capability in the AI_A2A_DISPATCHER and AI_A2A_GCICAP. Methods :SetDefaultFuelThreshold(), :SetSquadronFuelThreshold(), :SetDefaultTanker(), :SetSquadronTanker() have been added in AI_A2A_DISPATCHER.

The new capabilities are documented here:

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/AI_A2A_Dispatcher.html

The demonstration mission can be found here:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/release-2-2-pre/AID%20-%20AI%20Dispatching/AID-016%20-%20AI_A2A%20-%20Refuel%20Tanker%20Test

Have fun!

FC

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Where is Europe and the rest of the world?

This is another interesting picture. A view of the MOOSE videos.

This shows how many videos are watched per country.

I wonder... Are there only DCS players in the USA?

RctBmL.jpg

Not that people don't watch from Europe and Australia, but it seems that there is much less activity. And what about Afrika and Asia???

What about Russia?

Interesting. Come on guys in the world, don't miss out on this :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrA9j5LQoWsG4SpS8i79Qg/playlists?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=1

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/

FC

[/TABLE]

There is some in Africa, however, your statistics are only DCS Players -> Mission creators -> Scripters which is why it looks like this. I think most of the people play single player and of those who create missions, I'm guessing most creates them using the ME only.

There is some in Africa, however, your statistics are only DCS Players -> Mission creators -> Scripters which is why it looks like this. I think most of the people play single player and of those who create missions, I'm guessing most creates them using the ME only.

My God! If this is true, then there is a whole world who is missing out on the good stuff...

[/TABLE]

I've only ever made missions through the vanilla editor. I tried scripting, it really is necessary for the best missions, but I had all kinds of issues and then after that I took a break from DCS.

I might look into MOOSE to see what I can get out of it, though I won't help your map statistics.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Spending hours making a missions just to fly it by myself is counter productive. I will already know the mission too well to enjoy it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
Spending hours making a missions just to fly it by myself is counter productive. I will already know the mission too well to enjoy it.

Moose kinda helps that issue. Lots of good Dynamic features to it, that said, you have to learn Moose :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Moose kinda helps that issue. Lots of good Dynamic features to it, that said, you have to learn Moose :)

I will have to take a look at it. Most of the missions I have made were for the purpose of weapons training, so knowing where things were wasn't a deal breaker but it would be nice to be able to do more.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Now here's an alternative theory: Americans are just lazy people who use scripts and frameworks, while the rest of the world actually explores Lua scripting themselves. :music_whistling: :D

Okay, kidding aside, I know a big bunch of Europeans who use frameworks for everything; sometimes I think even people with "programmer" in their job description hardly ever actually write any lines of code. ;)

Could it be that people here stick with MiST rather than delve into MOOSE?

I do think the international DCS community is pretty large, so I'm surprised that interest in MOOSE seems so much centered around the US.

Though personally I really like to write my own scripts and learn the SSE rather than use frameworks. :D

Even just using the standard ME you should be able to avoid this. Scripting would give you a lot more options though, and possibly make it less time consuming to do.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Even just using the standard ME you should be able to avoid this. Scripting would give you a lot more options though, and possibly make it less time consuming to do.

That is what the MOOSE framework is about. These is a learning curve, but there is a big reward and learning it is kind of fun too! You do things you thought were never possible. I've seen missions made with hundreds of triggers using the ME. Which were rewritten using moose in... 10 lines of code... Using the SSE would take much longer though.

Let us not deviate from the subject. Could it be language barriers?

Culture? Other social media standards? Fear? The unknown? You don't like the Galliae?

What about Russia? Asia?

[/TABLE]

If I ever get retired ( I doubt that ) and have lots of time and all our kids are grown up I might have the patience again that I had 20 years ago.

Until then, ME and everything surrounding it is a no-go for me due to knowing that 30min a week will not get me anywhere but bring frustration.

I would actually love to do it but have plain no time to hide away for 4 weeks and come out of my cave with a done project...too many unfinished things here to even think about that.

If the ME was easier to work with I would give it a try...maybe.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Little strange to assume all DCS players are watching MOOSE videos on YT isn't it?

Surely a better question would be:

This shows how many videos are watched per country.

I wonder... Are there only MOOSE users in the USA?

Had DCS since its release and never watched a MOOSE video or used it. I aint got time for dat!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

This is the primary answer and it shouldn't be all that surprising when you look at things in context. The number of new forum posts/threads and user files site can provide some of that context. For instance at time of post there are 2394 liveries on the user files. Compare that to 1127 for SP, MP, and campaign files combined that are hosted.

On the forums itself the mission section has half the posts of whats in the modding section. But! you have to also look at the breakdown of mission section itself. A little less than half the threads are in the mission builders corner, which is meant for asking questions or providing tools. The main mission section is meant for mission threads, but it isn't ONLY used for that as there are a fair number of questions existing in there. To also lend some perspective the mission builders corner became a section in 2012 while the mission and campaigns section has posts dating back to 2005. Now compare that to other sections like bugs, wishlist, or a new modules forum, generally speaking there will be fewer posts per day for the mission section.

So yeah, its not totally unbelievable that mission makers make up a minority within the community for the sim. And as an extension to that the people who delve into triggers or scripting. For why the might be that way I think that deserves its own separate thread for discussion. In terms of your subject at hand I don't really have any thing else to offer other than stating that other scripts exist out there for other purposes and people will use whatever they want to use. Hell I don't even use mist 100% of the time when reporting scripting bugs, I'll code up a quick test version sans any scripting library. Best not to worry to much about it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

[quote=FlightControl;3212558 Let us not deviate from the subject. Could it be language barriers?

Culture? Other social media standards? Fear? The unknown? You don't like the Galliae?

One suggestion, use "DCS World" in your video's descriptions or tags on YT.

When I typed in "dcs mission editor" in YT search , I didn't see your videos, the same when I clicked "Filters> Upload date". That might get you a broader audience....just my 2cents ;).

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Maybe I took the wrong view. Indeed. Many people in the USA. How about trying to get a view relatively to the amount of inhabitants? Also, the view was over a week. What if taken over a year :-)

Still... I see many views from the UK too.

[/TABLE]

One suggestion, use "DCS World" in your video's descriptions or tags on YT.

When I typed in "dcs mission editor" in YT search , I didn't see your videos, the same when I clicked "Filters> Upload date". That might get you a broader audience....just my 2cents ;).

I added on each video these tags. Should I change the title?

Would YouTube filter what to show to people per continent?

• Like 1

[/TABLE]

I added on each video these tags. Should I change the title?

Would YouTube filter what to show to people per continent?

Yes, you should add "DCS World" to your title.

No I don't think YT will filter anything per continent. The "filter" is applied by the user.

At least for me when browsing YT I'II type, "DCS Mi-8" or "DCS mission editor" & get all the results, then I'll use the "filter" to chose "most recent" or "most view-counts" etc. It's just a search engine.

For example this vidd:

has a picture

& "Game -Digital Combat Simulator World" in it's description, your last video only has

"Category -Gaming".

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Just going to chip in, I am in the UK

I have watched several of Flight Controls videos

On GCICAP and also how to get eclipse set-up for coding with MOOSE

Tagging the videos with "DCS World - editor" might get some more views

They were good videos and they helped a lot ..... BUT ....

The DCS mission editor is painful to use, you guys ever used the 3D editor in Arma3 , its great

Or the Zeus in arma3 , its also a great way of controlling a mission on the fly

So to recap MOOSE is great , DCS editor is very off putting to use

Flightcontrol, quick question buddy:

When you use:

GCICAP_Red_modern = AI_A2A_GCICAP:NewWithBorder("EWR Red", "Squadron Red", "BORDER Red", { "CAP Red 1", "CAP Red 2" }, 4)

Things run for a while (maybe 1hr 30 mins or more) , but when there are a lot of people on the server (maybe 10+ doing A2A against the AI)

The airbases seems to stop spawning , is there some limit of how many aircraft will spawn from an airfield?

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Just going to chip in, I am in the UK

I have watched several of Flight Controls videos

On GCICAP and also how to get eclipse set-up for coding with MOOSE

Tagging the videos with "DCS World - editor" might get some more views

They were good videos and they helped a lot ..... BUT ....

The DCS mission editor is painful to use, you guys ever used the 3D editor in Arma3 , its great

Or the Zeus in arma3 , its also a great way of controlling a mission on the fly

So to recap MOOSE is great , DCS editor is very off putting to use

Flightcontrol, quick question buddy:

When you use:

GCICAP_Red_modern = AI_A2A_GCICAP:NewWithBorder("EWR Red", "Squadron Red", "BORDER Red", { "CAP Red 1", "CAP Red 2" }, 4)

Things run for a while (maybe 1hr 30 mins or more) , but when there are a lot of people on the server (maybe 10+ doing A2A against the AI)

The airbases seems to stop spawning , is there some limit of how many aircraft will spawn from an airfield?

As discussed, I will increase the amount of default resources when using GCICAP.

[/TABLE]

Please register your enhancement requests, ideas, and issue on github here:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/issues

I get from many sources many requests, ideas, and issues through various channels. The above issue list allows you to register these items per subject.

Please do so, as it will help me and my memory to remember and do something about these issues. We can discuss there, everything is traced,

I can share content more easy and it makes just a better place to discuss and follow-up on these items!

Note that it is perfectly okay to discuss here, no issue, but just don't forget after we've come to a conclusion to register your request on github!

You can then cut/paste some of the text that we wrote here also in the issue log.

In this way you contribute a lot to the project!

Thanks all!

FC

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

MOOSE 2.2.0.pre updates

New updates have been released in 2.2.0.pre:

• Changed methods :New() and :NewWithBorder() for the AI_A2A_GCICAP module. A resources parameter has been added.
  • By default, when Squadrons are defined using AI_A2A_DISPATCHER and AI_A2A_GCICAP the Squadron will have unlimited resources, unless the now optional Resources parameter of the :SetSquadron() method is specified.
  • Added methods :SetSquadronTakeoffInAirAltitude() and :SetSquadronTakeoffInAirAltitude() in AI_A2A_DISPATCHER and AI_A2A_GCICAP.
  • Modified method :SetSquadronTakeoffInAir() in AI_A2A_DISPATCHER and AI_A2A_GCICAP, adding an optional TakeoffAltitude parameter.
  • Modified method :SpawnFromAirbase() in SPAWN, adding an optional TakeoffAltitude parameter.

Please check the new methods added to set default altitude and the resources.

There is an important change in the system. the :SetSquadron method has now the Resources parameter made optionally. When not specified, your squadron will have unlimited resources.

When using GCICAP, the :New and :NewWithBorder constructor methods now have an additional parameter Resources added, which can optionally be given to set the resources of each squadron created. If not specified each squadron will have unlimited resources.

Check the documentation on the :New constructor of GCICAP. and the :NewWithBorder constructor of GCICAP.

You can download the latest release from: https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases

FC

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]