Spring Tension Mission 9 Not Working

After you land at camp Docker, the friendly Mi-8 and at least one of the Mi-24 end up crashing into the sides of hills. I've tried this mission about 6 times and get a similar result every time. So it ends up being impossible to complete the mission. Makes no difference if you change their load outs. They just stupidly fly into the terrain.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Just flown this mission on 2.5.3.21708.

Wingman blew up after we exchanged troops so that i could make the extraction, as i went to make the extraction my fuel pump failed, when I got to Shpora the troop wouldn't diembark.

Is the fuel pump failure normal? Whats going on I thought this campaign was fixed?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to pass this mission (Docker) for the last 6 months. Pump always failed, troops did not disembark at Shpora. Then my Beta died and I installed a fresh Stable version (2.5.3.22176 in Russian). Now I can't embark troops at Shpora! Tried 5 times already - there is no such menu option....

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the campaign yesterday. All missions completed without a bug (aside from friendly helos crashing...)

If your engine get fire you may be overheating it. If you fly too high and fully loaded (like in this mission) you need to turn off all the auxiliaries (dust protectors, Icing modules, cabin heater...) and be very gentle with the approach and the lift off.

It is hard, but doable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yea the docker mission does seem a pain, on last update, there is a new forest popped up at shpora, and its hit or miss if you're weapons work, and or the other mi8 actually does what it supposed to, i.e. not crash, bounce around at docker, or even just come with you,

its also seems random where the mission will go wrong, I do wish missions to a bit more of a front seat for fixing, we have some much E.A stuff and a lot of the "bread n butter needs a fix

I have done the mission yesterday (10-25-2018) and it worked fine. But I agree that it was like random generator whether the missions go as intended or no after DCS 2.5 release. I started from just this mission after a 3-4 months pause from that campaign. It seem alright so far (3 missions done)

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

• 2 years later...

I was unable to complete this mission just now as well (104 flew into a hill), I'll give it another try later.

*edit*
The next time I flew the mission, 104 didn't crash and I was able to succesfully complete the mission 🙂

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset