VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

You don't appear to be doing anything wrong. that empty clipboard has never happened to me before, so I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest.

Have you tried restarting VA?

Sorry I can't be more help

Edit: you are running VA in administrator mode aren't you?

Maybe you need to press the reload button first. Ok, I know, I'm guessing ;)

Edited by Greyman

Thanks@greyman

@Kunterbunt On FINISH the clipboard string is exported also to keywords.txt file in the Export subfolder.

First time I hear of an empty copy buffer btw.

Suggest to remove your database subfolder, update plugin dll to latest version 2.5.5, restart VA.

For instant calls to new recipients e.g. Stennis enable the Instant Select function in preferences.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@greyman Re: JESTER project I'm well aware of it (but then, who isn't lol) and it certainly sounds like interesting stuff.

Adding standard DirectX sends to the VA profile may not be so straightforward if Heatblur build something

on a dynamic GUI system where commands can have unpredictable positions/shortcuts based on context etc.

A VAICOM PRO-type direct interface based on UDP is in general more powerful for speech recognition,

especially when things can get dynamic and the dialogs with the AI interactive.

So far I've only seen a mockup screenshot or two of their planned GUI, a bit hard to tell yet what things will exactly look like in action.

JESTER_Rose.jpg

At first glance it does look like a natural fit to build a RIO dialog expansion pack for VAICOM PRO,

open to talk to people about it, but no idea atm if such a project would fit into e.g. Heatblurs plans.

Technically it should be doable, will just depend on how much of an API/entry points can be opened up.

So let's stay tuned.

Cheers

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi,

I have all my games on m.2 drive D:

I have the same problem in that when launching VA, I get the message that it cannot find DCS. I followed the instructions on page 33 of the manual. I added the full path on the custom folder box.

This error message continues to show up when launching VA.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

thanks

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

Assuming you run VA as admin: if your DCS install is not detected then there is a problem with the ED path entry in Windows Registry. You can have a look at post #805 and after for some ideas on workarounds for that.

Make sure to have the latest plugin version 2.5.5 and if you use the custom folder option fill in only the parent folder in the field: if your install path is "D:\Mystuff\DCS World" then fill in "D:\Mystuff\".

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Assuming you run VA as admin: if your DCS install is not detected then there is a problem with the ED path entry in Windows Registry. You can have a look at post #805 and after for some ideas on workarounds for that.

Make sure to have the latest plugin version 2.5.5 and if you use the custom folder option fill in only the parent folder in the field: if your install path is "D:\Mystuff\DCS World" then fill in "D:\Mystuff".

THanks for the quick reply. I saw post 805

1. I edited the registry

2. I deleted the lua files and did a file validation in Steam.

3. I tried using the custom folder option. ( I am a little confused here on the length of the path.)

My full path is: D:/Programs (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/DCSWorld/

So...the path that I put in the custom folder options reads:

D:/Programs (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/

..notice I used / not \ ....is that the reason this does not work? Which is correct?

4. I open properties of VA executable and clicked on run as administrator

With all of that done....... When I launch VA is still get the DCS path error.

Sorry to be a pain......lol

Edited by dpj463

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

Just recently started using VAICOM Pro, and gotta say it's amazing to not have to click buttons on the keyboard to communicate. I have a question though: is there a simple way to change the radio 'click' sound to be more of a thump sound than the current static sound? Thanks.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Thanks to Grayman and Holywood 315 I was able to fix my problems.

Grayman reminded me to start VoiceAttack as admin (I know I'm stupid). I configured it to always run as admin now. That fixed the finish button not putting anything into the copy/past buffer.

Holywood 315's tip was to enable Instant Select function in preferences. That fixed not being able to contact Stennis. I must admit that I did not know about the select command (had to look it up in the manual) and did well until now without it and without automatic select. Wow. Now it will be even better.

Thanks!

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

@dpj463 Try again using backslash.

BTW the plugin also reads the Steam base path from registry so you could check if that path is valid.

PM me if you get stuck.

@SCU Cheers, sounds good. It's funny how everyone seems to have their own preference for clicks, I should do a themepack lol.

You can disable the squelch sound in preferences, should you have your own favorite sounds you can add .wav playback to the TX commands

directly in the VA profile.

@Kunterbunt Thanks for the update mate, enjoy :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

... I must admit that I did not know about the select command (had to look it up in the manual) and did well until now without it and without automatic select. Wow. Now it will be even better.

Thanks!

I use these quite a lot, partially because I'm lazy and partially because I'm a little self-conscious when the wife is within earshot. "Batumi, Hawg 1-1 inbound" is a little more than just "inbound" ;)

Thanks hollywood, didn't know I could edit sounds for commands; I'm pretty new. If there is enough demand maybe do a themepack, but I believe the 'thump' sound is the most realistic one for most jets, could be wrong though.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

From IronMike in the Heatblur F14 thread - "The menu is still work in progress and yes, the JESTER-AI commands will be bindable under the inputs, including each command separately, so you could also use it with voice activation programs, hotas, etc. "

It looks like VAICOM PRO will be good with the new Tomcat. \o/

I use these quite a lot, partially because I'm lazy and partially because I'm a little self-conscious when the wife is within earshot. "Batumi, Hawg 1-1 inbound" is a little more than just "inbound" ;)

:megalol:

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Can someone tell me what the BCN blinking on my voicom radio display means ???

I have an issue. its seems like when I do a DCS replay, it's calling the comms menu according to thins blinking during live play.

thanks

Nobody knows the answer to this ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

You got an answer at post #933.

So did you update to 2.5.5?

The effect is not reproduceable here.

Also there's no relation between the BCN blink rate and data exchange frequency, so unclear atm how there would be a link to the plugin. Suggest to also check other mods you may have installed, perhaps there is some kind of conflict.

Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

After the update I have the same problem @moggel described. I even tried the manual Lua install but it didn't change anything. Reverting to the version before the update worked though, but now comms are down completely. In the menus it just says ---- instead of VHF AM / UHF and nobody's responding to my calls even when they're issued via the menu.

Edited by BaronZ

Hey Baron. Not clear which problem you mean exactly, anyway @moggel had his things fixed by updating to 2.5.5.

Make sure to use the automatic installer i.e. disable the manual lua install option.

Also check post #945 by greyman.

EDIT: solved by re-install.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Apologies if this had been answered earlier, I browsed back through this thread only so far.

Does VC pro read frequencies from the mission or server? We play multiplayer on a server with custom freqs for tankers and ATC, and I want to know that this product will comprehend them all. Thanks!

When requesting taxi on carrier, reply kept looping and ending before the end until I took off. Would it clear if I restarted mission or should I restart DCS?

Also, in the Config, there is a new switch for the radios. Is there a update in the manual for this? Haven't had time to look yet but will shortly.