RB-04E missing targets. - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #11
umkhunto

I've only fired the RB-04 in the training mission. I've always kept group targeting on and not seen problems. Is there a problem with group targeting that I've not encountered in my small sample? I'm busy learning the Viggen, and am focussed on navigation and bomb delivery modes at the moment, so I've not spent time with the ASM's outside of the training mission.
umkhunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #12
FredoFrance

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
No, the waypoint type should have no impact on that.

But RagnarDa has a good point there:

So, are the ships actual military units or just some scenery objects belonging to the map?
I place a Tanker Elnya 160 ( Insurgent) in the missioneditor.
I place them just for target practice.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:25 AM   #13
mahuja

Quote:
Is there a problem with group targeting that I've not encountered in my small sample
The missile was designed with the expectation it'd be used against tight formations of russian ships. The group mode will therefore ignore lone perimeter picket ships, and also civilian ships happening to pass by. Group mode will also distribute the missiles among the ships detected.

However, if there is only one target ship, the missile will believe it's one of the non-targets above unless switched from 'grupp' to 'enkel'. Your best indication is that it'll fly right past the target.

Changing my previous statement a bit:
Quote:
I have had them work well so long as I remember to turn them off of group targeting and shoot from the front or rear.
mahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #14
umkhunto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahuja View Post
The missile was designed with the expectation it'd be used against tight formations of russian ships. The group mode will therefore ignore lone perimeter picket ships, and also civilian ships happening to pass by. Group mode will also distribute the missiles among the ships detected.

However, if there is only one target ship, the missile will believe it's one of the non-targets above unless switched from 'grupp' to 'enkel'. Your best indication is that it'll fly right past the target.

Changing my previous statement a bit:
Ah, okay. Thank you. So if there is only one target, or the targets are widely spread, you should switch to enkel, instead of grupp.
umkhunto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rb04-e