** AJS-37 Changelog / Update Master List **

Cobra847

Cobra already stated that they have sorted the issue out and a new hotfix is being requested:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3558973&postcount=14

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3559246&postcount=81

So no need to panic or to take the chance away for some people to get the Viggen on sale

So where is that hotfix? Im asking because since i got this module i have not yet managed to do some flying. Only constant is CTD..

Will they release it tomorrow or on Friday or... when?

Serious guys! What an attitude for a one bug in a module for a game riddelt with bugs. Some of those bugs even go back to lock on! Play other modules or games until this (critical) bug is fixed. I ussually get my belly full of the bugs that kill SP and stop playing for months until I give it a try again. Been picking it up for years that way.

I dont want to play other modules, sorry.. I have waited patiently for viggen to hit the usable state and to be on sale.

Since i got it like 2 weeks ago i wasnt able to make 1 flight buddy, not even training missions. My vacation is about to end this week and im like 99% sure i wont see this "hotfix" before it ends.

Im not talking about bad texture, about missing animation for switch or about mirrors and similar less important glitches and bugs.. No, i dont care about them..

Im talking about completely broken module, which keeps crashing whole game to desktop for previous weeks.

P.S. keeping module in this state on sale is so bad for PR.

I dont want to play other modules, sorry.. I have waited patiently for viggen to hit the usable state and to be on sale.

Since i got it like 2 weeks ago i wasnt able to make 1 flight buddy, not even training missions. My vacation is about to end this week and im like 99% sure i wont see this "hotfix" before it ends.

Im not talking about bad texture, about missing animation for switch or about mirrors and similar less important glitches and bugs.. No, i dont care about them..

Im talking about completely broken module, which keeps crashing whole game to desktop for previous weeks.

Don't get me wrong, but IMHO you can always go back to a previous version, using the dcs_updater.exe (e.g. 2.5.2.18307 worked pretty fine I think).

I recently tested a few things with older versions, just for my interest and also for posting correct things to this forum to help the developers.

I stepped back a few updates, and then I was able to fly with no crashes. I don't know if this really helps YOU, but for me this is still an option.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hi, if you can't even fly one mission without crashing the game it seems like some other problem than the reported crashes.

They are mostly about crashes that happen when you start another mission(or the same mission a second time).

I am able to fly one mission all the time without problems.

And I can even start the same mission many times in a row if I don't use the radar.

So the Viggen is definitely not completely broken for everybody.

The problem you are seeing seems to me like something else.

Can you use other DCS modules completely without problem?

Best regards,

M

Its a pity to see how a changelog thread is being used to publish complaints :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi, if you can't even fly one mission without crashing the game it seems like some other problem than the reported crashes.

They are mostly about crashes that happen when you start another mission(or the same mission a second time).

I am able to fly one mission all the time without problems.

And I can even start the same mission many times in a row if I don't use the radar.

So the Viggen is definitely not completely broken for everybody.

The problem you are seeing seems to me like something else.

Can you use other DCS modules completely without problem?

Best regards,

M

Everything works perfectly even within DCS, every module every mission MP or SP...

Viggen crashes during random point in 1st or 2nd flight after starting the day.. tried training, single player and multiplayer.

I DO hope that tomorrow we will have hotfix, or on Friday at the latest.

Seems I'm not alone with these problems. For me it crashes when I start a second mission.

Also I can't change the QNH/QFE settings, the TILS doesn't seem to be working for me (checked a tutorial today and did exactly the same but nothing shows up on the radar), the game stutters and freezes over for several seconds midflight and when I check the F10 map and then goes back (F1) I'm surrounded by water.

Anyone else having the same issues as I'm having?

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

Seems I'm not alone with these problems. For me it crashes when I start a second mission.

Also I can't change the QNH/QFE settings, the TILS doesn't seem to be working for me (checked a tutorial today and did exactly the same but nothing shows up on the radar), the game stutters and freezes over for several seconds midflight and when I check the F10 map and then goes back (F1) I'm surrounded by water.

The only issue everyone seems to be able to reproduce is the crash on the second mission. For everything else I've seen lately, you seem to be the only ones with these issues.

... the game stutters and freezes over for several seconds midflight and when I check the F10 map and then goes back (F1) I'm surrounded by water.

Im having the exact same issues - but with any plane, really. Not specific to Viggen.

But I got the crashing Viggen too. Also screen going black after setting up Viggen keyboard commands/axis - but can't seem to reproduce that every time so not sure what's that about. In addition to that, DCS always crashes when closing it if I've flown the Viggen. Doesn't do that on other planes.

Anyway, flying A-10 & F-5 until Viggen is fixed - but honestly, can't wait. Seems like a super cool plane :)

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Also screen going black after setting up Viggen keyboard commands/axis - but can't seem to reproduce that every time so not sure what's that about.

If I'm not remembering it wrong, just enter a mission and hit ESC - Adjust Controls, and do it from there. Also I have experienced if you do to many edits without saving you can get problems.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Anyway, flying A-10 & F-5 until Viggen is fixed - but honestly, can't wait. Seems like a super cool plane :) ...

Definitely IT IS a cool aircraft, and I can understand you can't wait any longer.

Im flying the Viggen since it exists in DCS (got a licence by pre-purchase), and I spent a lot of exciting time with it.

This is the one and only aircraft that still catches me, really. In fact, the Viggen is now the only reason why DCS is on my harddisk.

It is like waiting for the first kiss from a girl ... :smartass: AND ITS WORTH IT, believe me!

Meanwhile, just take your time to study the manual, to get the idea of the aircraft!

Within one year you will be a Viggen-driver (most probably ;) )!

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

I have issues too.... not always, but enough to not trust it...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

from your list, I'm only having the F-10 to F1 water issue.

Hi!

I have no problem with changing the QNH/QFE settings.

TILS no problem. Very important to have the master mode "Land NAV" setting. In the lesson you use "Land P/PO" (that is used when you make visual landing)

Sometimes I got stuttering inflight, but got better when I got new and more RAM-memory.

That F10 to F1 issue getting surrounded with water is something that happens to me also. At first I didn't know how to get it right, but now i know that hitting F10-F1 again usually helps. :)

Regards

FanOfALF

The module seems to work better now, I can change to map and back without any issues. Also I haven't had any crashes restarting missions, so now I'm just trying to tune my TrackIR to give me smooth lookarounds :D

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

• 1 month later...

Changelog for 12 September 2018

- NEW! Added new BK-90 “Mjolnir” Simulation.

- Added BK-90 MJ1, BK-90 MJ2, BK-90 MJ1+MJ2.

- Fixed KB switch button functionality.

- Corrected Rb04 warhead behavior.

- Fixed second Rb04 launcher in series mode even if in impulse.

- Air-to-Air range symbology fix.

- AI flight envelopes tweaked.

- RPM indication in Infobar / external view should now show up to 100%

- Tweaks to auto-mission generator, will not plan for dead / damaged / inactive units.

- Fix to Flares empty (FACKL SL) light flashing after rearm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's all great guys, thanks.

One (minor) thing that is quite annoying, is I have noticed quite a few times when you guys have posted changes, they are very rarely mentioned in the official ED changelogs.

Would be useful.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

In-cockpit controls, like cockpit lights, dash device's controls... roughly when can we use them in game?

Thank you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I’ve asked a million times, but what has happened to the missing EP-13 brightness and contrast control? Very important for VR.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Changelog Viggen September 26 2018:

- Added possibility to load Bx, RUTA points etc from saved-games folder ini-file. A sample cartridge is in mods-folder.

- Added Bx6-9 targeting data for Rb15 to autogenerated attack-missions.

- Auto generated attack missions now plans for highest concentration of enemy units instead of closest units.

- Increased available attack plans to 5 and added some extra info to differentiate them.

- Added possibly to disable cartridges in Mission Editor.

- Filter out non-airbases among reference data points in CK37 and kneeboard. This solves the issue where 80+ FARPs in the mission resulted in CTD and when FARPs close to spawn point would be set as take-off point for CK37.

- Added T1-fix for two-stage triggers.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Changelog Viggen September 26 2018:

- Added possibility to load Bx, RUTA points etc from saved-games folder ini-file. A sample cartridge is in mods-folder.

- Added Bx6-9 targeting data for Rb15 to autogenerated attack-missions.

- Auto generated attack missions now plans for highest concentration of enemy units instead of closest units.

- Increased available attack plans to 5 and added some extra info to differentiate them.

- Added possibly to disable cartridges in Mission Editor.

- Filter out non-airbases among reference data points in CK37 and kneeboard. This solves the issue where 80+ FARPs in the mission resulted in CTD and when FARPs close to spawn point would be set as take-off point for CK37.

- Added T1-fix for two-stage triggers.

That's all great Ragnar, but can I just ask why all my questions on the missing EP-13 brightness/contrast control that was promised about 18 months ago by Nick, go unanswered?

I've asked in several threads, and a couple of PMs, but nothing.

This is a pretty necessary addition in VR as the display is very difficult to see.