Great tip for controlling cockpit controls while in VR

This.. about a million times, this.

Agreed!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 7 months later...

You can also choose a modifier on your controller and double the number of commands available. I use the pinky paddle on the Warthog stick as my modifier. I also mounted a multi gesture touchpad in front of my throttle so I can perform any 3 button mouse function just by reaching my fingers forward with my hand resting on the throttle. Simple and unintrusive.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

HomeFries's TM Target Profiles for the Warthog and Cougar accomplish all items quoted below and more. They work great in VR and I never have to take my hands off the HOTAS while flying. They are available for almost all DCS aircraft---even the A4E Community Mod. Each joystick button can have several different functions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454

Tell me if this is already been said or is in the pipeline but if you bring up the comms menu with the Warthog comms switch, is it possible then to use the up and down function on that button to move up and down the menu structure? Then when you want to select the appropriate command, you could press the comm button inwards. That to me would be the next step up from the mouse clicking.

I have mouse wheel/buttons mapped to my HOTAS, but I prefer moving the cursor with my head. It is faster and kinda more natural, you just look at the switch you want to use and the cursor is there.

How do you use the emulated mousewheel ?

I can click in switches, but on analog controls, there is no way i find to move them :(

You can also choose a modifier on your controller and double the number of commands available. I use the pinky paddle on the Warthog stick as my modifier. I also mounted a multi gesture touchpad in front of my throttle so I can perform any 3 button mouse function just by reaching my fingers forward with my hand resting on the throttle. Simple and unintrusive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals