Bonus System - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-29-2018, 10:17 PM   #61
BIGNEWY
Senior

I've used bonus points to buy also, at the end of the day if you don't think it works don't use it, it is completely optional.

When I get news about the current bonus rework / issue I will pass it on, but I have no news yet.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:24 PM   #62
remi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
I've used bonus points to buy also, at the end of the day if you don't think it works don't use it, it is completely optional.

When I get news about the current bonus rework / issue I will pass it on, but I have no news yet.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I own every module already. The only modules I haven't bought yet are modules that haven't been available for sale yet. When those modules become available for presale, my bonus money can't be used towards purchasing these modules because it's considered a "discount".

So, to make it "work" as you say, I should wait for the presale to end so I can use bonus money, but in the end not save any money because I'm still paying the same for a module?
Old 05-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #63
BIGNEWY
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I own every module already. The only modules I haven't bought yet are modules that haven't been available for sale yet. When those modules become available for presale, my bonus money can't be used towards purchasing these modules because it's considered a "discount".

So, to make it "work" as you say, I should wait for the presale to end so I can use bonus money, but in the end not save any money because I'm still paying the same for a module?
Correct you need to wait for a presale to end. Bonus can only be used on full price modules. Those are the rules.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:27 AM   #64
showtime817th

I did the bonus the first time around so I canceled the order and tried paying full price but it said waiting for payment...How long do i have to wait before i can pay for it?
Old 05-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #65
BIGNEWY
Senior

I am sorry I do not know, it maybe best to open a support ticket or live chat.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #66
Saintan

Default Maximizing Bonus...

As I see it, the bonus system provides the greatest benefit to someone new to DCS who intends on filling their new virtual hanger with a lot of aircraft, terrains, and campaigns. The key is try to lay the foundation for a 9-product order to get the 60% (!) TRIPLE bonus, vs the 20% for single purchases. Campaigns are the cheapest products and there are a lot of them. At $10 a crack, you'd spend $90 to maximize the bonus and get $54 towards a future purchase. However, there are a couple of caveats.

First off, to purchase a campaign you must already own the associated aircraft module. In many instances, you must also own a specific terrain module. Secondly, outside of bonus-related specials, bonus $'s can only be applied to a maximum of 30% of the cost of a future purchase. As someone who owned only one DCS product (snagged Hornet for 25% off +$16 bonus), I decided to focus on western 4th-gen planes plus associated campaigns.

I made a limited purchase of aircraft to fulfill the campaign-purchase-prerequisites; i.e. A-10C and F-15. The cost was $75 which returned an $18.75 bonus and opened up 7(!) campaigns for the next purchase. Those 7 campaigns (6 A-10C, 1 F-15) cost $70 and returned a 50% bonus ($35). If I'd added Nevada to the first post-Hornet buy, I could have added another few campaigns and reached the 60% max. bonus. ;-)

So now Saint has invested $205 in 3 jets and 7 campaigns...and has a $70 bonus credit. As it can't be applied to sale items and can only normally knock 30% off a new purchase, I'll wait and hope another bonus-promotion comes along. Worst case, I'll save 30% on Harrier, Persian Gulf, etc when I have another moment of DCS weakness. :-)

Based on how much I've spent in past decades on flight sims and the current depth and quality of DCS, I'm content that the cost has been (and will be) more than fair...
Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II
Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

Last edited by Saintan; 06-08-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Saintan is offline   Reply With Quote