Is it possible to restart EF2000?

EcceHomo

And while its true that it came pretty late in the 4th generation arena, it bascially allowed 3 European nations have a common European built aiir plane.

UK, Germany, Italy and Spain are 4 nations if I counted correctly. ;)

Additionally Austria is also (still) flying the Eurofighter, although they are a export customer and not one of the 4 nations that developed and manufacture the Eurofighter.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's a problem of the German Air Force, not of the Typhoon. It's not just the Typhoon that they have problems with. It applies to pretty much all german aircraft and vehicles, because they fail to manage their spare parts supply. The Typhoons work fine in the Royal Air Force.

You're right. It's a lack of funds basically. But we can still be glad about even that. The German Railway is in a worse state than the GAF... rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You guys fix that! Its Germany, not my country for crying out loud! :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Let’s get it in DCS and find out :)

It already is part of the Fc3 pack.

Seriously, I think you'd find the Eurofighter/ F2000A/Typhoon (don't mention 'Typhoon' to the Luftwaffe...) performance pretty eye watering, more so than the Eagle.

I meant as a full fidelity, flyable module, so we can actually see what real players can do with it. But honestly I believe it'd probably stack up really well against the lightweight fighters. But In the game, I've yet to see anything out-climb the Eagle...even the Mig-29 with it rocket acceleration just can't keep up with it when you get high up...

In the vertical the F-15 is unstoppable, when driven correctly.

The Eurofighter was not meant to be a lightweight multi-role though..it was initially meant to be an air sovereignty fighter like the Eagle and Flanker, conceived as a European built alternative. But design compromises, politics, and high development cost ensured that it would never fill that role as well as it's competition. It's not a bad fighter at all, it just wasn't as easy as the consortium thought, nor is it the super-plane they wanted from the beginning.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

It's not a bad fighter at all, it just wasn't as easy as the consortium thought, nor is it the super-plane they wanted from the beginning.

What is it lacking (except stealth, which the Eagle doesn't have either)?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What is it lacking (except stealth, which the Eagle doesn't have either)?

Range, speed, altitude, thrust, and an exceptionally large and powerful radar. Even the things that the eurofighter had over the F-15 like FBW, a modern cockpit, MLWS, and HMS the eagle eventually got. And while the eagle has enjoyed a phenomenal production run with new upgrades added all the time. The eurofighter can’t get funding for many of its phase 4 updates like TVC, CFTs, the AMK, in fact it just barley got ASEA and Meteor.

We had exchange pilots from just about every major western platform on Typhoons, they all seemed to think it was very good at BVR/WVR, even the Eagle drivers.

I said it was good fighter, just not better then the eagle. And that was the whole point of it’s program.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I said it was good fighter, just not better then the eagle. And that was the whole point of it’s program.

I can't agree with your opinion, that the point of the Eurofighter program was to be better than the Eagle. It was developed as a European fighter against the airforces of the Warsaw Pact. The European countries who developed it, didn't simply want to buy an American fighter, because their industry would have lost their own know-how in this sector. It's not a good idea to be completely dependent on the US in this sector - as in any other area.

Whether the Eurofighter was better or worse than the F-15 was hardly decisive for the project and the subsequent production at any time.

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Range, speed, altitude, thrust, and an exceptionally large and powerful radar.

Speed, altitude and thrust not high enough on a Eurofighter? :huh:

The thing does Mach 2+, goes up to 55k feet and has one of the highest T/W ratios out there, ever seen one do a QRA start, just goes vertical after take-off and supercruises to M1.5