Stuttery VR head movement

Reflected

ASW is normally the cause if you turn it off you should be fine as it is no longer trying to lock 45fps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

When that happens for me, I turn ASW off with Ctrl Num 1, then turn ASW back on for constant 45 FPS with Ctrl Num 3.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

When that happens for me, I turn ASW off with Ctrl Num 1, then turn ASW back on for constant 45 FPS with Ctrl Num 3.

Just a quick question: does this key-combination relate to DCS or another service?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Just a quick question: does this key-combination relate to DCS or another service?

Those key combinations are for the Oculus Rift software, and they work within DCS.

Here's a link to the Oculus page that relates to ASW commands.

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/1.16/concepts/asynchronous-spacewarp/

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Those key combinations are for the Oculus Rift software, and they work within DCS.

Here's a link to the Oculus page that relates to ASW commands.

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/1.16/concepts/asynchronous-spacewarp/

Thanks for the quick reply.

unfortunately I use Windows7, they are saying I need Windows 8 (or later).

Man ... :doh: Why does Oculus think I have nothing better to do than installing this f... sh.. systems. Why? Who told them?

OK, I can live with that. ASW is normally turned ON, is it?

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Thanks for the quick reply.

unfortunately I use Windows7, they are saying I need Windows 8 (or later).

Man ... :doh: Why does Oculus think I have nothing better to do than installing this f... sh.. systems. Why? Who told them?

OK, I can live with that. ASW is normally turned ON, is it?

Not with Win 7, you have the older ATW system for Rift.

Really to get the most out of VR devices you need Windows 10.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not with Win 7, you have the older ATW system for Rift.

Really to get the most out of VR devices you need Windows 10.

Thanks for this valuable info.

It didn't ever realize real problems with framerate (always 45 or more), so I didn't care too much about all this. But I think ATW is a good thing, and Windows 10 on my harddisc will work, indeed ... only over my dead body :smartass:

my computer:

Thanks for this valuable info.

It didn't ever realize real problems with framerate (always 45 or more), so I didn't care too much about all this. But I think ATW is a good thing, and Windows 10 on my harddisc will work, indeed ... only over my dead body :smartass:

Hey I was just answering your question, obviously you are free to do what you want.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hey I was just answering your question, obviously you are free to do what you want.

Hey, I know! Bad communication from my side, sorry for that!

I thank your for your answers and bringing light into my darkness!! :)

I wasn't aware of the system limitations regarding W7 <> W10.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:

The HMD cable can cause this as well when it gets wires the break, check for a lump just after the clip on the head band.

Also check Oculus is happy with the sensor(s) i.e not red test for them.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

That sounds like the problem I had (have?).

FPS were a silky smooth 90, but as soon as I moved my head, the entire picture started to stutter, while FPS stayed at 90.

I googled this and found people with similar problems.

Some people reported that turning ASW on and off a few times, solved it.

Others simply took the HMD off, and put it on again (or took it of and used a finger to activate the proximity sensor) a few times.

Others seemed to correlate this with MSI Afterburner or ASUS GPU Tweak, and similar GPU overclockers. Even ASUS Aura could be the culprit.

I uninstalled the ASUS software I had installed, and haven’t seen this problem since... Fingers crossed!

Edited by Goblin