Is this going to be finished?

hazzer

I'm flying airliners IRL and with their ultra low performance and no aerobatics they are simply super boring to fly. No, I never load any weapons on my planes.

Hang all available external tanks onto the F-5 full and try to take off on a hot summer day without AB in DCS. That's worse than flying a heavy airliner (and a nice airplane handling training)

Fighters always represent the maximum possible concerning performance handling and aerodynamics in airplane design. That's what makes flying them such an interesting experience.

If you haven't seen e.g. an F/A-18 (with the updated software) IRL at an airshow, you have missed some very impressive flying!

Btw, many decades ago I did enjoy flying fighters IRL very much, without any killing/destroying ;)

Oh, I didn't know that you are actually flying airliners and earlier even fighters IRL. If flying without weapons is interesting for you, then I can understand that now. You had the opportunity to fly real fighters. Most of the others here (like me, by the way) have only had the possibility to fly combat aircraft on the PC. Therefore, it is probably understandable why we also like to hang weapons on the wings and then learn how to use them. :smilewink:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

It is a fact - I don't believe anybody is disputing it - that the Yak-52 is unfinished in many areas and hasn't received any substantial improvements since September. That is a long time. In the meantime, we were given no explanation, no roadmap, no apology, no nothing when it comes to the development pace of the Yak. ED have discussed their plans for 2019 in the newsletters - without a single word about this module.

Let me quote the store disclaimer again:

Can anybody here sincerely say ED have shown they are "striving to make the EA period as short as possible"?

Well, I don't think ED owes us an apology, but they could at least say a few words about the further development of the Yak-52. Of corse it is EA but with this development speed it will probably take 10 years to get it out of the EA state... :music_whistling:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Yeah, some updating on the Yak-52 would be nice.

Do the avionics work for navigation yet?

Can you rig the flight controls through the odd UI setup to set the yaw straight yet? How about we just pretend that the flight controls were rigged properly by the guys in the Airframes Shop? Fix the yaw and center the ball on the turn and bank instead of trying to implement the flight control rigging scheme in the UI. What's next, engine overhauls before you can fly an aircraft? Come on.

I like the module, but properly rigged flight controls and the ability to navigate with the avionics, instead of hitting F10, would be nice.

And I'm sure that a lot more could be listed, those are just the gripes that I find most irritating. What they have so far in this module is terrific, I'm glad that I bought it. But let's keep going with the development.

:pilotfly:

Other priorities I guess. They all are working on the hornet, and some of them are already at work on the viper, as stated in the last weekend news. When the hornet will be out of early access and the viper will be in, maybe they'll find time to work on... well... all the other modules!

• 1 month later...
Other priorities I guess. They all are working on the hornet, and some of them are already at work on the viper, as stated in the last weekend news. When the hornet will be out of early access and the viper will be in, maybe they'll find time to work on... well... all the other modules!

No, they'll work on the next thing ;)

Seriously though, some visibility would be welcome indeed. The principle of buying Early Access products is fine, but if there is absolutely no idea when/whether the product gets a chance to be finished or even worked on, it dramatically reduces its appeal.

Also the lack of feedback on the bug reports, or the lack of visibility on what is known to the devs removes any interest in trying to report them. If someone feels like what he does has no effect, he'll quickly lose any motivation (issue which, to me, is not limited to the Yak-52 but to most of the DCS aircraft in general).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Seems so unfortunately. Means that OK, no more early access buys from me anymore. Just wonder whether the stop in development is because the original customer couldn't pay and the whole thing just fell through then?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Wow - this really is sad. I fly the YAK52 in real lfe, would be good to be finished

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Wow - this really is sad. I fly the YAK52 in real lfe, would be good to be finished

Yea it's super disappointing, the last thing nine line said was when people are free they will work on it, but I mean in my eyes when something is early access it should be worked on till finished

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I currently have this module completely stopped as no patch or development since a long time.

I would try to navigate it with the NS430 but would be nice to have it fully integrated or at least have the ADF navigation for fun.

The fps in the yak is awful. This has been persistent since the yak has been out. Why has this not been sorted

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

The Yak-52 is another module on my next in line purchase hit list. I'm waiting for it to be completed and moved out of early access before purchasing though.

I do hope Eagle Dynamics gets back around to finishing it in 2019 also.

(however, Quality over Quantity) :D

Yeah if I was you I would wait. I love the yak but i'm very dissapointed that this has received 0 attention

You can buy it, it’s quite a lot of fun to fly! But just be aware that there are some long standing issues that haven’t been resolved.

Lack of LOD models so if you have multiple yaks in view the FPS plummets.

Startup sequence is bugged, Engine can be started without following proper setup procedure (priming etc)

ADF doesn’t work

Possible to get the aircraft into an irrecoverable deep inverted stall (FM Bug)

And probably a few others.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Mostly excuses thus far. I paid for a complete module, but ED is on track to start or finish newer ones before they even get the Yak to pass muster. The lack of progress is not acceptable.

Agreed. If there was some sign it was being worked on but it's not. Nine line last said it will be when someone is free but that isn't good enough really. We shouldn't have to be waiting for over 7 months for updates.

• 3 weeks later...

So is there going to be any improvement? My PC is pretty high end and is getting fps drops with the yak which has existed since release. It would be nice to hear if any of the ed dev team has actually done anything with it.