631 Squadron (UK)

Mr_sukebe

I'm going to form 631 Squadron, UK based.

The key principles will be:

- We'll fly any high definition aircraft that the squadron fancy. I own and fly everything but the L39 and I don't want to exclude any aircraft type. My preference is to focus on the hi-def aircraft over the FC3. My current favourites include the F18, Harrier, Viggen and Huey. The F14 will unsurprisingly be on the agenda.

- We'll fly on all of the current maps, as best fits the aircraft and mission.

- Once a week, the aim is to run a dedicated "mission" of 2-3 hours. Currently proposed start time is 19:00 (GMT) on a Sunday. Initially, I'll create the missions, but if we have a budding mission creators that wish to join, that's great.

- On other nights, we can meet on TS and practice teamwork as we see fit.

- I'm a VR pilot. Until ED solve the issue of spotting and identification in game, all of the missions I'm involved with will cater for that by the use of labels. They'll be as subtle as I can make them, but they'll be there.

- I'm looking for fellow English speaking pilots, happy to work around UK timezones, and willing to put up with the English sense of humour.

Note the following:

- At present, we have no dedicated server. I'll resolve that once the planned dedicated server is released by ED. In the interim, my thoughts are to get together on Teamspeak and then fly on personally hosted missions.

On a positive note, there's no server costs, and the teamspeak version I'll be running is the free one. As such, I'm generating no costs and certainly won't be asking for donations.

My highest priority is to focus wingman and teamwork skills.

This will take precedence over outright adherence to real operational procedures, "air-quake" combat and similar.

My intent is to pull together a group of similarly minded pilots, almost regardless of current skillset. If you want to just shoot things, there's plenty of other servers to meet those needs. If you want to develop how to fly as part of a coordinated group, then please let me know below.

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

sounds great

If you wish to say hi, feel free to drop in on the 631 Squadron server whenever it's online. The teamspeak server details are listed in the briefing.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Sounds good, but curious why you're not using Discord vs TS?

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

Sounds good, but curious why you're not using Discord vs TS?

It’s not the technology, just numbers. I’ve not met a DCS pilot online who doesn’t have TS installed and configured.

I’ve come across a number without Discord.

Personally, I use TS, discord and SRS.

Going forward, the squadron will use what’s the most convenient, though I’m have a preference for SRS when players want to be a little more serious.

Ok, never played on multiplayer before (well I did have a go on one server a few years ago though but didn’t fare too well) but I don’t really understand how all these comms things work. I may have to come and join in when it’s up and running. Not really looking for anything too ‘by the book’ due to family etc, but interested flying with others

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

You're both welcome to pop onto the server whenever I'm online and say hi.

For Teamspeak, have a quick scan at this:

• 3 weeks later...

Dedicated server now running whenever I'm online, with training missions setup for Caucasus and Persian Gulf.

Tricky, hey man, how’s things?

All good I hope.

If you fancy catching up sometime, let me know.

When I’m online, I’m usually running a TS server.

Rgr that will do if i find time buddy. Got my hands pretty full with UK Navalops now but luckily got some good Squadron commanders and 2iC to take workload too

Nice one!

What are you chaps flying now?

When I was there, it was nearly solely the Harrier.

I've ended up flying just about everything in game, which I've really enjoyed.

I'd be very interested in joining, I've been looking for an online home for a few months, I'm English am ex RAF but live in Germany, time zones should be no problem, I could also host a server and have some mission designing experience.

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

At present, I’m running a training server most evenings. I’ve included Teamspeak details in the briefing. Catch me whenever online.

At present, I’m running a training server most evenings. I’ve included Teamspeak details in the briefing. Catch me whenever online.

Is there a name for the training server? or an IP?

Thanks

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

The server name is. 631 Squadron.

As mentioned, it’s running usually most evenings, but not 24*7

The server name is. 631 Squadron.

As mentioned, it’s running usually most evenings, but not 24*7

Great thanks! found it last night and had a quick stooge around, couldn't connect to TeamSpeak though for some reason...

Let me know if there’s anything thing else that you’d like to see on the server.

Unfortunately, couldn’t make it on last night for very long.

Let me know if there’s anything thing else that you’d like to see on the server.

Unfortunately, couldn’t make it on last night for very long.

We could do with some more ground targets, I'm not sure if you want to go down the AI route but triggered bandits in certain areas would be good if there are no other human fighters...

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am looking to get back into DCs and simming in general after a break of a few years. I used to fly BMS Falcon 4 in an online hyper real squad, but that was 5 years back.....and I have lost a lot of skill and knowledge in the intervening time.

I don't have as much time available now, so am hoping that if I can find some relaxed UK based DCS pilots who can help me get back into the set up and learning again, it would be great...seem to spend most of my time trying to get stuff working properly and figuring out stuff rather than actually flying!!

Weekends could be tricky, but I could be around several week nights.

let me know if that fits.

Thanks, Mark

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm looking for a squad/group that's noob friendly as I'm a veteran WWII sim pilot (CLOD, BOS, DCS Normandy etc) who's looking to learn more modern fighter systems.

I have FC3, F-86F and the F/A 18C and can fly them all well but am struggling with the weapon systems (BVR etc) so would like some training/advice. Video's, Guides etc are all well and good but would love to shadow an experienced pilot and get some tuition.

• 4 weeks later...