Is this going to be finished? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 08:24 PM   #21
norbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
... @norbot, if you would have read my previous posts you would know that I'm only interested in the flying part of DCS, not the destroying and killing part.
So there are nice and realistic alternatives of course.
Yes, you're right, I didn't read all your posts before. But if you are only interested in the flying part, I wonder why you stated this: 'Too bad as Flanker and DCS always were my top flight sims!'? Both, Flanker and DCS simulate fighters and attack aircraft. They are built for 'destroying and killing'. It is a digital combat simulator not an airliner or sports simulation. If you own the F-5 and F/A-18 module, do you seriously want to say that you never loaded any weapons under your wings? And if you did, you only carried them with you for flying?
Old 02-13-2019, 09:38 PM   #22
Ron Attwood

Isn't this thread about the Yak? Sort of gone off at a tangent wouldn't you say?
Ron Attwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:41 PM   #23
Magnatilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
Isn't this thread about the Yak? Sort of gone off at a tangent wouldn't you say?
Was thinking the same, still... the post count is going up
Old 02-14-2019, 05:05 AM   #24
bbrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbot View Post
It is a digital combat simulator not an airliner or sports simulation. If you own the F-5 and F/A-18 module, do you seriously want to say that you never loaded any weapons under your wings?
I'm flying airliners IRL and with their ultra low performance and no aerobatics they are simply super boring to fly. No, I never load any weapons on my planes.

Hang all available external tanks onto the F-5 full and try to take off on a hot summer day without AB in DCS. That's worse than flying a heavy airliner (and a nice airplane handling training)

Fighters always represent the maximum possible concerning performance handling and aerodynamics in airplane design. That's what makes flying them such an interesting experience.

If you haven't seen e.g. an F/A-18 (with the updated software) IRL at an airshow, you have missed some very impressive flying!

Btw, many decades ago I did enjoy flying fighters IRL very much, without any killing/destroying
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:15 PM   #25
lmp
ED Translator

It is a fact - I don't believe anybody is disputing it - that the Yak-52 is unfinished in many areas and hasn't received any substantial improvements since September. That is a long time. In the meantime, we were given no explanation, no roadmap, no apology, no nothing when it comes to the development pace of the Yak. ED have discussed their plans for 2019 in the newsletters - without a single word about this module.

Let me quote the store disclaimer again:
Quote:
What is DCS World Early Access?

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs. The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely based on the scope of the project, technical hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible. An Early Access module can be played on both the Open Beta and Release versions of DCS World. Once the module exits Early Access, you will automatically have the Release version.
Can anybody here sincerely say ED have shown they are "striving to make the EA period as short as possible"?
lmp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #26
norbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
I'm flying airliners IRL and with their ultra low performance and no aerobatics they are simply super boring to fly. No, I never load any weapons on my planes.

Hang all available external tanks onto the F-5 full and try to take off on a hot summer day without AB in DCS. That's worse than flying a heavy airliner (and a nice airplane handling training)

Fighters always represent the maximum possible concerning performance handling and aerodynamics in airplane design. That's what makes flying them such an interesting experience.

If you haven't seen e.g. an F/A-18 (with the updated software) IRL at an airshow, you have missed some very impressive flying!

Btw, many decades ago I did enjoy flying fighters IRL very much, without any killing/destroying
Oh, I didn't know that you are actually flying airliners and earlier even fighters IRL. If flying without weapons is interesting for you, then I can understand that now. You had the opportunity to fly real fighters. Most of the others here (like me, by the way) have only had the possibility to fly combat aircraft on the PC. Therefore, it is probably understandable why we also like to hang weapons on the wings and then learn how to use them.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #27
norbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp View Post
It is a fact - I don't believe anybody is disputing it - that the Yak-52 is unfinished in many areas and hasn't received any substantial improvements since September. That is a long time. In the meantime, we were given no explanation, no roadmap, no apology, no nothing when it comes to the development pace of the Yak. ED have discussed their plans for 2019 in the newsletters - without a single word about this module.

Let me quote the store disclaimer again:

Can anybody here sincerely say ED have shown they are "striving to make the EA period as short as possible"?
Well, I don't think ED owes us an apology, but they could at least say a few words about the further development of the Yak-52. Of corse it is EA but with this development speed it will probably take 10 years to get it out of the EA state...
Old 02-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #28
Oubaas

Yeah, some updating on the Yak-52 would be nice.

Do the avionics work for navigation yet?

Can you rig the flight controls through the odd UI setup to set the yaw straight yet? How about we just pretend that the flight controls were rigged properly by the guys in the Airframes Shop? Fix the yaw and center the ball on the turn and bank instead of trying to implement the flight control rigging scheme in the UI. What's next, engine overhauls before you can fly an aircraft? Come on.

I like the module, but properly rigged flight controls and the ability to navigate with the avionics, instead of hitting F10, would be nice.

And I'm sure that a lot more could be listed, those are just the gripes that I find most irritating. What they have so far in this module is terrific, I'm glad that I bought it. But let's keep going with the development.

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #29
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
Well, I don't think ED owes us an apology
Certainly not an apology, but a little status report would be welcome regardless.
Hey doubters, check this out: "P-51D has another variant with new higher octane coming later, the K-4 and D-9 are getting new cockpits, all the WWII warbirds are getting their cooling reworked, and a DM is in internal testing"
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #30
nessuno0505

Other priorities I guess. They all are working on the hornet, and some of them are already at work on the viper, as stated in the last weekend news. When the hornet will be out of early access and the viper will be in, maybe they'll find time to work on... well... all the other modules!
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote