Are the aircraft in FC3 considered easy to fly...

Marcq

Because they have no clickable cockpit or the flight model is easy too?

Neither, they have a complex flight model ... and I find easier to remember the physical location of a switch rather than remember an obscure key combination.

They are easier because their systems are heavily simpified .. you give power to the aircraft with a single key, rather than switching on the battery, the generators, the inverter, checking the voltage, etc. Same with the navigation system, the radios, and the weapons.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Neither, they have a complex flight model ... and I find easier to remember the physical location of a switch rather than remember an obscure key combination.

They are easier because their systems are heavily simpified .. you give power to the aircraft with a single key, rather than switching on the battery, the generators, the inverter, checking the voltage, etc. Same with the navigation system, the radios, and the weapons.

Was wondering, heard people comparing it to arcade, Jane's F15/F18 were not arcade and if I remember you couldn't even start them

Marc..

Some systems management is easier because you usually only need to press one or two keys to get an advanced effect instead of remembering a more complex setup in a full module. And FC3 as a whole is easier because planes share a lot of functionality so you don't have to re-learn everything.

In terms of FM, no difference. Something like the new MiG-29 for example is very challenging and rewarding to fly. F-18s fly by wire makes it a toy by comparison. If you ignore the systems and just give a newbie the joystick, the Hornet is much easier to fly than the Fulcrum.

But learning your airframe is maybe 20% of the game's difficulty. The real hard work comes with tactics. FC3 planes have a slight advantage of reduced workload, but ultimately when you move on to learning to notch, dodge SAMs, F-pole and dogfight, you're up against the same challenge no matter your ride.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Well I started Flying the F15, I like it, I have a 3 button box setup with CH Hotas that I made for the Su-25T and fortunately I can use most of the switch (32) for the F15. IMO this is the best scenario, button box with non clickable cockpits. Using a clickable cockpit is a lot of work, ends up not being really realistic Imo. Was having a hard time sometime with Trackir, zoom in, the slightest moving of my head would move my mouse courser all over the place and having an hard time clicking on a switch, it would take a lot of time compared to the real thing Nothing like flipping a real switch, even a few

Marc..