[REPORTED]Side Gunner view is intermittent

JasonJ

Hi guys

Since the last official stable update, I have noticed that occasionally when I switch to Huey's side gunner view, the view is either pointing 90° forwards (left gunner) or 90° rearward (right gunner)

Problem exists for both M134 and M60 guns.

It doesn't happen all the time, seems totally random and can't be replicated on purpose. Full DCS game restart "sometimes" fixes it. Once it is bugged, no amount of re-arming or re-joining session will get it right again.

Happening for me in MP. iirc happening in SP as well.

I have Rift-S so I thought initially it was just some VR issue, but then quite a few others in MP servers also have mentioned the same issue and they are using Track-IR or VR. Everyone I ask says they have this issue.

Been flying the the Huey this last couple months and I have not seen this behavior until the last update.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

I've seen a really similar bug lately in the Mi8 on open beta. There's only one side door gunner available in that one, left side, and often when I switch to that seat the view is facing 90 right of what you would expect, in other words looking at the front of the aircraft. Sometimes it is 180 degrees off and looking at the chest of the door gunner.

Never seen it nor heard of it before (have had both Huey and Mi-8 for many years) until just a few days ago in the Gazelle with the minigun, with Track-IR, in SP and latest beta. Sitting on the rtight side, looking straight backwards. Next time I started DSC everything worked fine.

Seems to be a DCS issue and not a particular Huey one.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thanks guys for confirming the issue.

The gunner FPV does face 180° as well sometimes, I forgot to mention that.

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

• ED Team

Hi all

can you give me a short track replay or video of what you are seeing.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

can you give me a short track replay or video of what you are seeing.

Thanks

Now this is strange!

I attached a track file from a test run to see if I could replicate this. I started in the Gazelle Minigun. There the view was correct for the side gunner. After testing some other stuff (don't mind the mouse cursor) I entered the Huey. Both door gunners had the view turned 90deg BACKWARDS. There I stopped and saved the track.

Just to make sure I got the issue recorded, I replayed the file (not from the debriefing screen). There the view for the Gazelle side gunner was turned BACKWARDS while in game it was fine! In the Huey the view had turned 180deg and now pointed FORWARD while in game they were BACKWARDS!

So since the track didn't replay the same as in game, I don't know if the track file will be of any help. I cross my fingers.

Edit:

After a DCS restart and a second replay, the views was back as in game at recording.

Side Gunner Head 90deg Wrong.trk

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• ED Team

Thanks for trying, however the track replay contains a helicopter unofficial mod so wont replay for me.

Could this be the issue?

If possible just reproduce with the UH-1H thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for trying, however the track replay contains a helicopter unofficial mod so wont replay for me.

Could this be the issue?

If possible just reproduce with the UH-1H thank you

So, disabled all MODs (hopefully) and created a new mission with the Gazelle Minigun, Huey with door gunners and the Mi-8 with door gunner.

Directions given relative helicopter and both Huey gunners.

During recording:

Gazelle: View backwards

Huey: View forward

Mi-8: View forward

First replay (file):

(no restart of DCS for any replay)

Gazelle: View left towards the gunner

Huey: View backwards

Mi-8: View backwards

Second replay:

Gazelle: View forward

Third replay:

Gazelle: View right (normal)

Fourth replay:

As during recording

Fifth replay:

As first replay

and so on, Huey and Mi-8 alternating forward/backward, Gazelle "rotating" clockwise 90deg/replay.

Hope you can use the file this time.

Side Gunner Head 90deg Wrong 2.trk

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell you that I have the exact same problem. I did the Weapons Training, in VR with my Rift S, and sitting in the door gunner position my view is looking forward. When I try to center it, looking outside it works partially, but then I have no clue toe aim with the door gun, which I do not see in the center of my view but on the side.

• 3 months later...

Hi =)

This bug is there still.

I found out this.

I was create own mission.

1 time is view of side gunner correct

Screen-200508-144650.png

i crashed or i Quit

when i press FLY AGAIN

View is rotated counterclockwise in 90° in MI-8 i see stern

Screen-200508-142639.png

Quit

FLY AGAIN

View is again rotated counterclockwise in another 90°. Now is rotated 90+90= 180°

I see stomach of my gunner =)

Screen-200508-143253.png

Quit

FLY AGAIN

View is again rotated counterclockwise in another 90°. Now is rotated 90+90+90 = 270°

Screen-200508-144248.png

Quit

FLY AGAIN

View is again rotated counterclockwise in another 90°. Now is rotated 90+90+90+90 = 360°

And now is view of side gunner again correct =)

You can play with side gunner.

Screen-200508-144701.png

---

Or You can restart whole mission and view is again correct but only for first flight.

Simply You cant play again with side gunner in started mission, but only every 4-th game.

I did not test this bug when i landed with first helicopter and i jump in to other helicopter in mission. (No quit, but map F10, click on other heli, F2 and (rALT + J))