Issue with Reverb and fore and aft head movement

Notso

So just recently I've been trying to play around with all my settings to get my new Reverb running well. So far, so good. However, I'm encountering a weird issue that I'm stumped on how to fix. I've set up WMR and Steam VR (both Beta) and followed all the Thud4DCS as well as @stuartaston's settings. When I get into DCS, everything works fine EXCEPT when moving my head forward and aft, the cockpit moves with me forward and aft. Swiveling my head Side to side is fine like looking down each wing line. Up and down is fine. But if I try to lean in - the whole cockpit moves forward with me and I can't get any closer to the HUD or the UFC. Same thing if I lean left or right while keeping my head pointed forward.... the whole cockpit slides left and right with my head.

I'm assuming I F'd up some setting somewhere in either DCS or WMR..... any ideas on how to fix this. Huge TIA!

• Like 1

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Wmr sets rely on inside out tracking for full 6dof movement, I see this problem typically in two scenarios

1) the room is not well lit, the tracking, or the there isn’t enough ‘terrain’ for the cameras in the headset, in most cases adding more light fixes this

2) the other is when you put on the headset, you need to ‘do the moves’ turn your head to the left, and then the right, then look at the floor, wmr prompts you to do this but, if you only put on the headset after you launch dcs you might skip it...

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ok thanks. I’ll play around with WMR and the room lighting. I have been doing the Left/right/down thing when it prompts me. However, it usually jumps into the virtual house as soon as I look left and never lets me get to the other points.

Also, everything else works normal within DCS. I can look left, right, up and down in the cockpit and all is normal. But as soon as I move my head straight backward or forward or or slide my head side to side while looking forward - the cockpit position is now “glued” to me and moves with my head.

I thought I had the room pretty bright, but I’ll try to add some more lights on.

Edited by Notso

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Ok thanks. I’ll play around with WMR and the room lighting. I have been doing the Left/right/down thing when it prompts me. However, it usually jumps into the virtual house as soon as I look left and never lets me get to the other points.

Also, everything else works normal within DCS. I can look left, right, up and down in the cockpit and all is normal. But as soon as I move my head straight backward or forward or or slide my head side to side while looking forward - the cockpit position is now “glued” to me and moves with my head.

I thought I had the room pretty bright, but I’ll try to add some more lights on.

i would also bind a recenter key to your joystick/hotas , because you will need it when it picks up the z axis

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks all for the help. It seems to work fine now with more light. I think another error I was making was I started WMR outside of Steam and then it seemed to run again when I went into Steam with the STEAM WMR. Also the recenter trick works like a champ. I wasn’t even aware of that feature.

• Like 1