Glass reflections

Dave317

Disable SSLR and they will dissapear.

Negative - SSLR off for me and still have those ugly switch reflections in the LH side window.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't agree more. Fake reflections are an outdated trick, and stereoscopic vision in particular make them look like wallpapers plastered over the glass surfaces.

I wish we had an option to disable these textures.

Same for the MFDs in general but that's less intrusive.

I find the baked reflections on the F-16 canopy subtle enough (but excessive on the MFDs).

Maybe ED could tweak the baked reflections on the main glass surfaces of the Ka-50 to make them less distracting.

----

Nineline already took note of the critics and will pass the info to the team (via Reddit). (Thanks!)

So hopefully, they'll take a look at it.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Disable SSLR and they will dissapear.

Clever use of SSLR would actually allow interesting (and subtle) dynamic cockpit reflections.

But I'm also sure the performance cost would be a major concern (especially for VR users).

You can see a nice example of Screen Space Reflections used in a popular but still unreleased flight simulator… (as an insider, I can confirm the reflections look great there)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

The baked reflections are the default textures. They have nothing to do with the SSLR.

Agreed! Thank you for the beautiful new cockpit ED, but baked in canopy reflections are so immersion breaking. Please add option to disable.

+1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

A nice example of dynamic reflections in the window in a flight simulator is xplane 11.

Looks really nice In VR. It would also be nice if the mirrors would be 3D instead of the televisions they are now. An example of really good mirrors in 3d is Il2 Sturmovik. But I understand it is always trade off between FPS and nice graphics especially in VR.

I also don't like the baked in reflections.

I hope the devs will use similar reflections like the one from the mig 21 canopy.

It only reflects lights, and looks really nice imo

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Can't this just be edited out with a skin?

There where some clear glass mods for the mig 21 in the past

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

SSLR is implemented in the Ka-50 cockpit. It's subtle.

As far as I can tell, it's not applied to the glass surfaces/Shkval/instruments.

ED art team might still be experimenting with it.

0cfc678918385d793d8321a9a98d4ee7.jpg

(that's just an example - more elements are reflected and visible depending on the angle)

Fortunately the exported Shkval screen is free of reflections. The one in the cockpit is awful!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Where do we have to go to tell ED that they need to STOP adding static reflections into cockpit glass? The new lighting adds so much shadows and colours into the cockpit and the static image is taken from default day time and breaks immersion. It does not even simulate the flight stick movements or panel lights.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED