Can't start DCS after update 2.5.6 OB - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 02:53 PM   #21
brookstoys

Default Repair

Thanks, that fixed the 10% loading issue. Will not be using Voice Attack intel their is a fix.
brookstoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:43 PM   #22
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookstoys View Post
Thanks, that fixed the 10% loading issue. Will not be using Voice Attack intel their is a fix.
Good to hear you are up and running again

thanks
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:53 PM   #23
bigian

Turns out macafee was quarantining files for me after the big update on open beta so looks like I’m back up with both. Need to get macafee to ignore the file. Can I ask while I’m here I have a small SSD and a standard large drive D is it ok to store both stable world and beta world on drive D or would open beta be better installed on the SSD ? Thanks for any advice
Ian
bigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #24
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigian View Post
Turns out macafee was quarantining files for me after the big update on open beta so looks like I’m back up with both. Need to get macafee to ignore the file. Can I ask while I’m here I have a small SSD and a standard large drive D is it ok to store both stable world and beta world on drive D or would open beta be better installed on the SSD ? Thanks for any advice
Ian
Good to hear you are up and running again.

You can put DCS where-ever you like, the fastest drive will always be the better option however.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2020, 10:36 AM   #25
bigian

Thanks
Can anyone talk me through telling MacAfee to ignore the DCS file it is quaranteeing anytime I start the sim? If I disable MacAfee the open beta runs fine and it runs the stable DCS world with the MacAfee turned on
Sorry to be such an illiterate on PC matters
Old 02-19-2020, 10:50 AM   #26
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigian View Post
Thanks
Can anyone talk me through telling MacAfee to ignore the DCS file it is quaranteeing anytime I start the sim? If I disable MacAfee the open beta runs fine and it runs the stable DCS world with the MacAfee turned on
Sorry to be such an illiterate on PC matters
From their website

you can either add the whole dcs install folder or add the .exe in the dcs bin folder.

hope that helps
Old 02-19-2020, 11:12 AM   #27
bigian

bignewy Thankyou so much for that, it works perfectly now. This forum has helped me out so many times I really appreciate it. Could I also ask if there's a talk through for getting online to fly with other people. In all the time I've been flying the sim and buying new modules and scenery I've never been able to get online and fly with a real person. Do you need the teamspeak hardware and software or is it possible to communicate in some other way once online?
Again thanks for helping me out with the antivirus issue !
Ian
Old 02-19-2020, 11:16 AM   #28
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Good to hear it has worked.

Many people use team speak when online, or use SRS or our ingame voice chat which is under development.

Each server may be different but if you pick one and read the briefing it will usually let you know what they are using.

Thanks