Why not reworked Pilot 3D Models for F/A18C / F16C/ F15C - UPDATE ? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
STNGersk

Default Why not reworked Pilot 3D Models for F/A18C / F16C/ F15C - UPDATE ?

Good Afternoon to ED Team,

I'm very happy on the current road we are moving in DCS and with new updates new features and airplanes we have and being implemented I'm not only looking into all aspects of technical (flight models, onboard systems, weapons systems, cockpit layout and etc...) of airplanes (Jets) I do also consider a lot the exterior the accuracy of airplanes models and textures quality the Sounds is a big point there also and all those things that make the module outstand from the rest, but we are very good indeed focused on those things but just a thing we must not forget is the PILOT.

The Pilot is a very important feature in the cabin(cockpit) of a Fighter Jet and this pilot must be according to the quality of the module, now is not something that at least I can see so far pilot is like a wooden stick very simple very unfinished looking "thing" and I would like to make an accent on this so we could start to see that ED is working on to improvements across all the board not skipping the pilots 3D Models and accuracy of the gear the helmet the oxygen mask, I have few attached examples, and not trying to say anything but Heatblur team have done such a beautiful pilot 3D model the level of the detail is incredible just a joy to have a look and make the cinematic videos, not to say the Tomcat model and lvl of details brought on the table at lunching stage of F14B. Now I have seen the beautiful I would say artwork of the Superccarier the dek crew and they look outstanding in all way fantastic job ED!! Now why this cannot be done for the F-16C Blk50 why this cannot be done on the F/A-18, I know you can make this I know guys!! I wish ED could replay to this back and we all together can bring this forward on the table back to reshape remodel as all we know the pilots are fundamental peace in a Fighter's Jet life

Some pics of current pilots 3D models in DCS and comparations.

F/A-18 - Pilot must be better than this ED pls you can make it! We know that! The F16C pilot is the same pilot currently in F18.

F-15C Pilot - My question how the F15 pilot get the oxygen mask as modern as that and F-18 pilot is using the old gen mask with modern Helmet, something is off here at least rework the pilot new 3D model along with a corrected helmet and nice modern oxygen mask as on F15C 1

not bad for the old 3D model pilot is properly strapped into an ejection seat.

Now Heatblur F14B pilot artwork, the helmet wires all in place the pilots even got a wristwatch, great work here.

Some Pilot compares of AV-8B Harrier and Mirage 2000.

Now some real-life pilot suits and variations F-16/F18.

some top view of Helmet mounted JHMCS system Helmet and see below other related flight gear and helmets along with oxygen masks.

Pilots Helmet transparency in DCS is so dark and wrong see below how it should be.

FAP Pilot F16MLU -TOP

F18 Pilot looks not same as we currently have in DCS

So leave your comments your thoughts on this case and more we raise this up more we can achieve as a community as all of us here enjoy our best SIM!!

Hope ED can advise something on this matter

Have a great day all and enjoy your weekend boys!

This post is purely my opinion and I'm not here to offend no one, and I want as much as you see this SIM project at the top of the world!
The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.
STNGersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:36 AM   #2
ngreenaway

The flag is backwards on the first image. When worn on shoulder or placed on the side of a vehicle, the stars& field are supposed to be in the front, with the stripes streaming to the rear
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:06 AM   #3
STNGersk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngreenaway View Post
The flag is backwards on the first image. When worn on shoulder or placed on the side of a vehicle, the stars& field are supposed to be in the front, with the stripes streaming to the rear
Hi ngreenaway,

Absolutely right, but you know what is the funniest thing? is that this is a default F/A-18C skin lol and US flag is inverted wrong way, we’ll this is another thing that bothers lots of us for some is small details and they might not care about it, but for lots of us this small details make all the difference specially when this is positioned as SIM. So we need to report those things and make things right all together as a big family big community, and I know we can help ED to make this sort of things right and help to go all together in the right direction!

Let’s push this one guys so ED can give us some nice update on pilots models and match that with the rest of SIM and as looking at F18 or F16 beautiful machines beautifully made and accurate beautiful textures and most importantly outstanding accurate on board systems! And pilots unfortunately left behind wishing the better days..

Thing is that pilots looks like we’re made back in 2001

Wish you all top of the day and fantastic weekend boys!
The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.

Last edited by STNGersk; 02-15-2020 at 10:15 AM.
STNGersk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3d models, eagle dynamics, f/a -18, pilot body