2.5 runs smooth until i start bombing stuff

METEOP

Give this a try: set your "resolution of cockpit displays" to 512 or 1024 every frame

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202541

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199880

Maybe an issue with frame timing, wich can cause heavy stuttering, that did the trick for some of my friends having the same issue...

Edited by droopy114

Give this a try: set your "resolution of cockpit displays" to 512 or 1024 every frame

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202541

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199880

Maybe an issue with frame timing, wich can cause heavy stuttering, that did the trick for some of my friends having the same issue...

Thanks for your suggestion, I did try all these options and could not notice any difference.

So, reading from all your suggestion, it seems Nobody else has this problem?

Maybe I am crazy after all :megalol:

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Just tried setting maxfps to 64. Also turned off both MFD. Still stutters.

I don't think the GPU is the bottleneck, at least not on my system. I've a 1080Ti. It barely breaks a sweat running no more than 50% power while achieving 150fps+. My other system with gtx 1070 stutters about the same with less fps.

Hi METEOP. I had a severe fps problem with my GTX980 and I fixed it pretty easily. Have you checked that your GFX card is using the full x16 speed of your PCIe bus already? If you haven't, get GPU-Z and run it once. It will only take you a minute.

My rig is less powerful than yours, by the way (i5 3750K, 16GB RAM, GTX980).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi METEOP. I had a severe fps problem with my GTX980 and I fixed it pretty easily. Have you checked that your GFX card is using the full x16 speed of your PCIe bus already? If you haven't, get GPU-Z and run it once. It will only take you a minute.

My rig is less powerful than yours, by the way (i5 3750K, 16GB RAM, GTX980).

Excellent suggestion, however it does not seem a problem on my system.

According to CPU-Z I'm using the full 16x lanes @ PCIe 3.3

I would also thing that I would have issues with other games if it was a problem and that is not the case...

At this point I think I will just wait for an update and see what happens. Thanks all for your help!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Excellent suggestion, however it does not seem a problem on my system.

According to CPU-Z I'm using the full 16x lanes @ PCIe 3.3

I would also thing that I would have issues with other games if it was a problem and that is not the case...

At this point I think I will just wait for an update and see what happens. Thanks all for your help!

Have you set your XMP Profile in BIOS and some other settings in there probally need attention....

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi . i am facing the same problem of FPS degradation while using any sort of TGP/svkhal etc

here is a good topic on cpu and gpu perfs comparaison :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157374

unfortunatly, the author didnt specify if he especially tested, the framerate in this situation. i have, well , 40 50 fps in su27 yeah.

but only 18 20fps (fake, with huge frametime delta) with a TV monitor looking at a unit in wood area , at low altitude... and it's a problem i had since flaming cliff. i never had a huge high end computer to be sure it IS possible to get a full time smooth framerate in this sim.

maybe some of you can witness that's possible.

an high end 1080ti gear up with an lastgen i7 MUST NOT show this lack of performance imho.

Edited by leonzzz

While it appears stuttering in 2.5OB can be caused by a number of issues for different pilots, I've narrowed it down (on my system at least) to electro-optical sensor usage, specifically the MAV targeting screen, and somewhat lesser of a problem is the TGP screen in the MFCD also.

well, ... that's my point :thumbup:.

honnestly , a software itself has a "performance" . i hope they can improve it and make things better. i know FSX , XPLANE are in the same problematic : the more heavier is the scene the less FPS it run at . but sincerly , hey , 30 fps (with good frametime delta) is a requirement ...

Edited by leonzzz